Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

Just try not to think to-far-ahead.Keep your concentration on what you would normaly do during the day (work,kids,school,house,etc.)Take things in baby steps. Or try and think of it as a mini-vacation.Think WOW! !MEXICO!. Its mind over matter,thats what works for me.I'm a very impatient person and I have to do this alot when Im waiting for something important.

Banded at 7:30 am-home at 2:30 pm

I did it. I was the first ariatric surgery of the morning. Everyone was great, kind, helpful and just very caring.

I'll post more about it. There is pain and then it dies down-they give you meds. I just want to sleep.

It was nowhere near as bad as I thought!!!! I was petrified.

But it went great. Really i swear.

Thanks for all your good wishes-I'm looped and going to bed!!!

I'm home all! I got banded yesterday morning at 8:30am. It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I am tired and my midsection is very sore. I'll write more later. Just wanted to check in. I'm home now and finally banded. YAY!

I am not really nervous, I guess it helps that I have been working so much I can't imagine not being at work from 8am-10pm. Wow, I can't wait for school to start! First though, I can't wait for our surgery date. Less than a week.

I hope you all are feeling good, and ready to start the New Life.

Well I'm still pretty new to this too! Well I have my surgery date August 9th...5 more days! Today i got my authorization from my insurance comp so this is all covered I'm soooo excited to start this process

The only real pain I had was in the recovery area and it was due to the gas pains. Once that dissipated, my stomach muscles just felt sore especially around my port. It is hard getting up off the couch or out of bed.

I found the more I walk, drink warm broth and take gas X strips the better I feel. I have taken in Jello, applesauce, cottage cheese, chicken broth, nutritional supplements. lots of Water, and feel okay, but even with these I find I must drink/eat them slowly.

I am burping and belching alot. Anyone else experiencing this?

For those on the August Band crew, Clarity Seeker (jessica) talked the night before surgery to wish each other good luck. But the best part is we got to meet before our procedures. I was scheduled to begin a 1/2 hour ahead of her and so we were side by side in the pre-op waiting area. It gave me extra reassurance that everything was going to be okay. Thanks to this forum for such incredible support.

Robin -- thanks for the kind words. It was nice to have a "familiar face" at the surgicenter -- especially because we will continue to provide support as we heal and then really start working with our new bands.

My kids asked why I have a photograph of my band and I told them it was going on this year's holiday cards. They were appalled! I love it.

Today I notice that I am feeling a bit weaker than I expected. One of my kids had to go to the doctor for a bad eye thing, so I had to take her. By the time we finished 2 hours later, I was wiped out. I ended up sleeping for about 2 1/2 hours this afternoon.

I think I am needing more Protein, so I now have some Protein Powder to add to the broth I'm eating.

Robin, I'm not having the burping, but it seems like that wouldn't be such a bad thing -- anything to get rid of excess gas is good, I suppose.

All in all, I think I am probably where I should be on the 3rd day...doing the spirometer 4x per day and crushing meds are my least favorite activities right now.

Hello everyone,I have been lurking around here for a few months. I am DH to JMO and I finally got my date of 8-22-06:clap2: ! I am so excited and nervous all at the same time because I have never been through any type of suregery before. I know this will be life changing for my dw and myself just glad to have her to go through it with me:D .

Ohhh I almost forgot this , My doctor is Dr. Woodman in Memphis TN.

And I am ready for football season to start!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Jessica,

I feel stronger today then yesterday and on both days I took afternoon naps. Stomach muscles are less sore today and it is a little easier to get up from the chair or couch. What I can't tell is whether I am full or not since I just have this generalized discomfort in my stomach area. I don't feel any internal discomfort when I eat - there is no "you better stop now sign." But I definitely have some belching, burping, going on so maybe that is a sign I have taken in too much. I've only used the pain meds once today.

I drove my daughter to camp down the road and it was a little uncomfortable. Same with walking. I guess I never realized how much one uses their stomach muscles when walking. According to Spivak's diet we can start soft foods tomorrow, but I am going to try to stick with liquids for at least 2 more days. Have a good weekend and stay in touch. Robin

[And I am ready for football season to start!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Me too!!! I am a die hard Baltimore fan but the boyfriend I live with is a HUGE Steelers fan :faint:

Got the NFL sunday ticket orderd and am ready to go! Now it just wont be so much snacking!!

Congrats on getting your date and I really appreciate everyone being so supportive!!!

Thanks Guys!!

My surgery date was August 7, 2006 but now it is cancelled.:cry I got a call this morning at 11am stating the doctor was not feeling well. They are gonna try to reschedule my surgery but they don't know when. Maybe August 10 or 11, or maybe August 28, 2006. I am so disappointed. I finally came to turns with the surgery and now this. I am self pay so I have paid the surgeron and just this morning I went and got the cashier's check for the surgery center. Now no surgery date. I have a $9200.00 cashier's check made out to the surgery center and I don't even no when or if I will get to have the surgery.

I made all the arrangements for work and now this. I am on call 24 hours a day Monday thur Friday and every 3rd weekend so this has really messed my schedule up. I don't know if I will be able to find some to cover for me because they may have vacations planned. I am also on schedule to be on call the Labor Day Weekend :cry .

I will have to wait until Monday to find out when they will be able to do surgery. I know they couldn't help this but I just had everything in place for next week. Plus I have travel plans to Las Vegas on September 28, 2006 and I was hoping to be healed and eating by then:mad:

How long did the the process take per getting to the surgery date after you were approved! I am approved and can't stand the wait! I just want to get it done!

My doctor gave me my surgery date as soon as I got approval. It was less than a month from the date of approval from my insurance.

Congrats to the August bandsters who've had your surgeries already. Sounds like you're all doing well. The 15th is coming up fast...:omg:

By the way...I can't find the thread that shows you how to put the ticker in your signature. I read it once and can't find it again...can anyone help? Update...never mind, I figured it out! LOL!!

RLittman and Clarity seeker and everyone...lol

First, that is really neat that you all got to see eachother in the pre-op room and talk the night before!! And congrats to you.

I was banded Tuesday. I had gas pains and minor heartburn and of course, port incision site pain, wed and thur. But today my biggest complaint is port site pain...oooooouuuuuch! Now that the other pains have gone down, I think I just notice it more now. I'm pretty sensitive to pain so I'm not surprised.

So far, all I've taken for pain is tylenol two times. My doctor prescribed vicodin but I havent taken it.....yet.

Does anyone have port pain advice besided the walking? Warm fluids are for gas, I don't think its helps portpain. in fact ive been tempted to use an ice pack on mine. No offense, but it gets really hot (and probably inflamed on inside) because my breast is on top of it.