Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

wow, well I actually feel worse today then yesterday. I woke up at 4am feeling sick and like there was a bowling ball in my chest. All the pain meds in an empty tummy are not helping. Trying to get down a protien shake but when feeling sick, its difficult. My large insicion is very sore and I need assistance even getting up. I def underestimated the pain I would be feeling for sure.

Hi Scribby,

Hang in there-if you mean nausea when you say sick (in addition to pain) I would call your doc asap so he can get you some anti-nausea meds. It will be a big relief to you. Then maybe you can take some pain meds. It may also be your pain meds that might make you nauseous. I am fine with the percocet but my husband gets sick when he takes them. Please call your doc to ease your suffering a bit.

I def underestimated the pain involved. Everyone is so different. Some bounce back so quick its amazing, others need to go more slowly. You need to baby yourself.

I hope you are feeling a little bit better very very soon.

They gave me two anti nausea actually. One was 423 bucks for 10 pills! I am not nauseas as I was this morning. Now just taking the oxycodone. Everything is much better. They gave me three pain killers, 2 anti nausea, ambien,and a heartburn med. 720 bucks worht of meds! Isnsane!

Hi Everyone! I am joining the August bandsters as I am having my surgery on August 30th. :clap2: Hurray! I can't wait. I absolutely love that everyone is sharing their day to day experiences. It is making me nervous and giving me relief at the same time.

I am so happy that I found this site. I have been reading for a week non-stop. There is just so much information here and I don't want to overlook a single detail. It took me a good 4 hours to read the entire August bandsters thread. LOL.

Clarity and RLittman, I am having my surgery by Dr. Spivak too so it is especially nice to hear that things are going well for you two. :dance:

Those of you that are getting tired of sweets, have you tried chicken broth, beef broth, V-8, or any other liquid Soup blended, egg drop, stuff like that? :( Are you not allowed to? Or do they just not contain enough nutrients? I don't really like sweet stuff now pre-band, so I am especially curious. I really had no plans to have any sweet liquids except for in the morning and maybe frozen popsicles.

I am so glad to meet all of you! This thread is awesome. ~hugs everyone~ <hugs everyone=""> <hugs everyone=""></hugs></hugs>

wow, well I actually feel worse today then yesterday. I woke up at 4am feeling sick and like there was a bowling ball in my chest. All the pain meds in an empty tummy are not helping. Trying to get down a protien shake but when feeling sick, its difficult. My large insicion is very sore and I need assistance even getting up. I def underestimated the pain I would be feeling for sure.

Awww Scriby I know EXACTLY how you feel, I felt the same way! It does get better. I am now 11 days out and doing much better. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, trust me. I found it. Just be good to yourself and rest!

Hugs

Hi August Bandsters!

I was banded August 3rd, about a week ago, and I had a great recovery...everything went very smoothly and I've had minimal pain, just a little soreness, particularly in the port area. I've been feeling a little tired, likely due to the liquid diet Im on, but Im motivated and sticking to it. I'm excited and I hope that I've made a wise investment! My first fill is on Sept. 12, and im looking forward to it because I have zero restriction currently. Good luck to all...:Banane27:

Sandy

187/175/140

Banded Aug. 3

TLBC Toronto

faybie, can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not allowed anything besides my 4 cans of slimfast, Water, and crystal light. That's my doc's pre-band diet. I can have broth on the day before surgery and man am I looking forward to it!

Scribby, that is an insane amount for meds! I hope mine aren't that much. :faint: :Banane27:

Today I awakened with left shoulder pain, which surprized me as I didn't experience it earlier. The incision pain is lessening but still noticeable. I'm starting to taper off the pain meds the doctor gave me when I left the hospital, largely because they make me sleepy. But I'm still tired, so I think maybe I should take 'em and rest. You know, listen to my body...

I attended a meeting for work this afternoon, and did fine, but came home afterward and dropped into bed. I got a co-worker to pick me up, so I don't yet have to drive.

I'm belching a fair amount, but at least I can do that. I'm not yet hungry, though I eat because it's time to eat. Today I had a Protein shake for Breakfast, a small cup of low fat yogurt for lunch and a bowl of egg drop Soup for dinner. A can of 5 calorie lemonade for snack. If I can keep this up, I should definitely lose.

I don't mean to be irritatingly cheerful but...

I'm on post-band day 3 and feelin' fine. Yesterday DH and I walked to the mall a few blocks from the Lucerna and shopped for a couple of hours. I did take a bit of liquid tylenol when I got back, but it was just for minor discomfort. Today we just got back from SeaWorld. Did tons of walking, and no tylenol today. Of course I have some soreness in the stomach area, but it's mild and mainly stiffens when I sit too long. As for the migrating gas bubbles, a long soak in a hot tub with a good book seems to help, but doesn't it always?!

Oh, and whoever asked earlier; I was banded by Dr. Ortiz....he's the best!

Welcome to the new August Bandsters!!! Yay! We're in this together!!!:Banane27:

Scribby, I'm so glad you're feeling better, however the price of those prescriptions would have made me ill!!! Sheesh!!!:faint:

Glad to hear such positive stories here!!!