Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trouble gettin the fluids in

I had my surgery April 14th ..... yay!! so far so good I think I've lost 22 lbs so far started out at 306lbs now I'm 273lbs but the only thing I struggle with is getting the required amount of fluids down. Drinking alot of times makes me feel nausiated and milk is a definate no no. As soon as it hits my stomach I instantly throw up. Crazy ..... Any advise?

I was sleeved April 17 and have no problems with milk, but everyone is different. Does EVERYTHING make you nauseous or are you able to drink plain Water? juice can also help to keep you hydrated and if too sweet you can dilute it with water. This early out, I've learned that hydration is much more important than Protein so just keep experimenting with what you can keep down so that you don't land yourself in the hospital. Good luck!

I find that drinking Water at room temperture works better and warm tea. I will try diluting the juice. I'm sorta burnt out on crystal light and what not it's too sweet for me and using less doesn't appeal to me either. But I will keep trying to see what works.

Thanks

I was sleeved April 11 and I go back and forth on what works for me and what doesn't. I, too, am sick of Crystal lIte and I have a cabinet full (hopefully I will go back to it at some point). I have found that rotating drink, food, everything really helps. I did do No Sugar Added Apple juice diluted with Water for a while and it tasted like heaven, for awhile anyway. Try that it may work for you. Right now, I found Meijer has a SF chocolate Milk with 1% milk. I didn't used to like chocolate but this is the best thing going for me right now!

I was sleeved April 11 and I go back and forth on what works for me and what doesn't. I, too, am sick of Crystal lIte and I have a cabinet full (hopefully I will go back to it at some point). I have found that rotating drink, food, everything really helps. I did do No Sugar Added Apple juice diluted with Water for a while and it tasted like heaven, for awhile anyway. Try that it may work for you. Right now, I found Meijer has a SF chocolate Milk with 1% milk. I didn't used to like chocolate but this is the best thing going for me right now!

I will certainly try the apple juice thing but as far as milk go's I'm leary especially after this morning it just comes right back up and it's been like that for a couple weeks now. Maybe I'll try again in a couple of weeks.

I will certainly try the apple juice thing but as far as milk go's I'm leary especially after this morning it just comes right back up and it's been like that for a couple weeks now. Maybe I'll try again in a couple of weeks.

Sunshine: try Lactaid it is a lactose free milk, maybe that will help. Also go to your favorite Chinese restaurant and get their wonton, egg drop or whatever Soup you like. That way you can have something spicy/salty instead of sweet all the time. Sorry you're having a rough time of it right now. I'm sure it will all get better very soon. Stay strong! :-)

I got sleeved on Oct.26th 2010 and for me the first few months were extremely hard! I had issues with getting dehydrated cause I couldn't get the proper amount of fluids in and I resorted to diluted Gatorade and then I bumped up to straight Gatorade to get the electrolytes through my body also I had a hard time with straight Water till I tried the Ice water from star bucks and I swear upon it , it goes down great and I enjoy it, still 6 months out I only get about 50 ounces a day in but I am working on it! I wish you luck...

I love Propel. It's flavored water with some electrolytes and is flavored--no calories. Fruit2O is another choice and isn't too sweet. I'm hooked on decaffeinated iced tea, tho, and add my Splenda as I did to regular caffeinated tea.