Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I read over the article and he seems to be saying that

1) muscle is lost with rapid weight loss.

2) The loose skin still has deposits of fat underneath it.

3) Skin will adjust when the fat is gone.

I think all 3 of these points are true to some extent. That is why I have decided to wait one year now that I am near my desired weight to see if the skin tightens up.

However, I wouldn't buy anything from the guy. I think he goes to far in his claims.

I was thinking the same thing Breezy as you said above. Seems as though he is saying that once you lose to your goal and are at the point that you have flabby skin....that you MUST build back up muscle mass that was lost through your weight loss journey through strength training and burn the fatty deposits that are underneath the loose flabby and drooping skin...saying that you can tell this is evident because the flabby skin is "thick" and once the fat underneath it is lost it will be paper thin like the skin on your hands for example. In conclusion by burning ALL of the fat out.....through building more lean muscle mass which burns more calories and fat,,,,the skin that is left will shrink back a whole lot closer to it's previous state before you gained all of the weight and that surgical removal is not as necessary as people think, hmmmm??? Sounds good anyway LOL

I agree w Breezy. I am 9 months out and the skin is tightening up a bit now, I do exercise a lot though, and weight loss hasn't been as fast or as much as a lot of people on this forum. Plus I think a lot is down to age, genetics, lifestyle etc. I do plan to have a TT at some point, with 3 pregnancies and yo yo dieting since I was 9 years old (I'm 42 now) has taken it's toll on my body :(

TT must be cosmetic surgery for titties? At 56 yrs old, I have to accept a lot of things....but I sure hate seeing the girls staring at the ground. Keep me posted if you ever do that. I want to know more 1st hand experiences from people who have had plastic surgery. I don't know if I will ever be able to afford it -- but I know it'll be on my wish list for awhile!

I agree w Breezy. I am 9 months out and the skin is tightening up a bit now, I do exercise a lot though, and weight loss hasn't been as fast or as much as a lot of people on this forum. Plus I think a lot is down to age, genetics, lifestyle etc. I do plan to have a TT at some point, with 3 pregnancies and yo yo dieting since I was 9 years old (I'm 42 now) has taken it's toll on my body :(

I'm in total agreement with Breezy as well. I can tell you from my experience that my skin has changed dramatically over the last year since being at goal. My arms have "shrunk" up, and I haven't worked out in over a year. Could my skin look better? Sure, but I hate to exercise. I think genetics, and time being fat (how long we punished our skin) plays a much larger in how the skin will rebound. I'm pretty sure after Sprout's arrival, I'll be getting back into the gym. Getting pregnant is one of the biggest reasons I waited on plastics. BUT, I want a TT and boob job. I just want boobs again, not tube socks with lemons. As far as my arms, thighs and butt, if I could afford a lower body lift, I'd have it done.

TT must be cosmetic surgery for titties? At 56 yrs old, I have to accept a lot of things....but I sure hate seeing the girls staring at the ground. Keep me posted if you ever do that. I want to know more 1st hand experiences from people who have had plastic surgery. I don't know if I will ever be able to afford it -- but I know it'll be on my wish list for awhile!

TT Tummy Tuck, but I'll probably have small implan ts as well, i f I can save up enough money!

Boy, did I guess wrong there! LOL!!!!

TT Tummy Tuck, but I'll probably have small implan ts as well, i f I can save up enough money!

Interesting article, I am definitely interested in seeing what happens to me skin after surgery and weight loss. I have always been obese so I don't know if after all the punishment my skin will come back. I am will take the wait and see approach, I guess. Thank you for the info!

:rolleyes:

i really dont want to have plastic surgery...if possible...so this is good to know

funnily enough I was speaking with a friend and she stated that she thinks that most WLS ppl DONT have plastic surgery. Do you guys agree?

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

great article i have to agree to due to my life experince and noticing that the same 200 lbs looks so different everytime i made my way back to it ....over the year 200 looks flabbier and flabbier...i did crash diet and extreme exercise... now 225 and a 40 bmi i look more like 300 lbs and 70 bmi....

for me utlimately at goal i will work my way up to about 1200 calorie and hit the gym to maintain... and then if i need plastic 2 years out i'll get my pcp to help me....

Its a nice article, but as I think it depends on person body and health, as after excess weight loss and pregnancy, the skin near abdomen becomes non elastic and leads to hanging belly.