Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really hungry while on mushie food

Seems like a lot of people after 3 weeks of being sleeved are still having a really hard time eating. Well, I am worried that I have the opposite problem.

I just started on mushies on Wednesday, and I have yet to feel "full". Not that I really want to experience anything uncomfortable, but it seems odd that I am having no problems eating or drinking.

I, of course, stop after eating about 1/2 cup of whatever I have pureed (Soup, tuna salad, etc.) but about 2 hours later, I'm really hungry again.

Hate to complain when I'm feeling really good, but I just kind feel like I'm on every other diet I've ever been on and guess I'm just confused about how all works....I'm losing weight which was the ultimate goal, but....

Anyone else have a hunger issue while on pureed food, and if so, does it change once you go on solids????

I really wasn't terribly hungry while on only liquids, but maybe that was because there wasn't a lot of choices to make!

Don't get me wrong...I feel lucky that I feel good, but at the same time, I paid a lot of money to not feel any different.

Yes you should feel more full when you eat solid dense Protein. It's okay to eat a little bit every couple of hours. I doubt that you're eating too many

calories.

I am 3 1/2 weeks out and I am able to consume more as most too. I am on soft foods now.

My BIGGEST problem now is eating way too fast because I am hungry. I have gotten sick about 4 times and have had to relieve the pressure (if you know what I mean). I am very concerned about my lack of control over slowing down. I DO NOT want to over eat and stretch my new tummy out.

I have also hit the dreaded 3 week stall. I am still consuming 500-700 calories and staying below 40gms Carbs, 30gms fat and getting in 50-60gms Protein. Water is not where it is supposed to be though. And I am not getting any exercise. Maybe that's my problem.

Frustrated with myself beyond measure!!

I had to eat 5-6 times a day that early out. At 4 months I eat 3-4 and every once in a while 5 times a day. I am usually satisfied at 3, but need the Snacks to get my Protein in. It does get better.

I am having very similar issues. I originally lost 27 lbs in 2 weeks and it's all been down hill since then. I am now 5 weeks out. I am on soft foods, have been stalled for 2.5 weeks and still feel hungry every 2 or so hours. I also tried increasing my calories this past week to maybe jump start my metabolism and I think it may have backfired because now I feel like I can eat a lot more and I'm still not loosing again! I was just filling out my food log and was shocked to see that I actually put away 1300 cals today....majority Protein and definitely all healthy food, but still that seems like a lot of cals for 5 weeks out. I have a Dr. appt Monday and we're going to really need to talk about this. Any advice on what to do or what to ask?

Seems like a lot of people after 3 weeks of being sleeved are still having a really hard time eating. Well, I am worried that I have the opposite problem.

I just started on mushies on Wednesday, and I have yet to feel "full". Not that I really want to experience anything uncomfortable, but it seems odd that I am having no problems eating or drinking.

I, of course, stop after eating about 1/2 cup of whatever I have pureed (soup, tuna salad, etc.) but about 2 hours later, I'm really hungry again.

Hate to complain when I'm feeling really good, but I just kind feel like I'm on every other diet I've ever been on and guess I'm just confused about how all works....I'm losing weight which was the ultimate goal, but....

Anyone else have a hunger issue while on pureed food, and if so, does it change once you go on solids????

I really wasn't terribly hungry while on only liquids, but maybe that was because there wasn't a lot of choices to make!

Don't get me wrong...I feel lucky that I feel good, but at the same time, I paid a lot of money to not feel any different.

You will feel more of the "full" when you are on more dense food. The mushy stage I never felt full, but I stuck to the recommended portion sizes as I know that our nerves have been cut on our tummy and therefore will not have these "full" feelings for awhile. I am almost 2 months out and I definitly know when to stop when I eat more dense food. Like ground beef. The feeling is hard to explain I just know it means no more food please. Stick to the recommended sizes as you do not harm your healing staple line.

I wish it was posted somewhere that everyone has a stall at 3 weeks.

Your body is adjusting. You'll start losing again.

I, of course, stop after eating about 1/2 cup of whatever I have pureed (soup, tuna salad, etc.) but about 2 hours later, I'm really hungry again.

I'm starving! I was sleeved on April 4th, it'll be a week come Monday since my surgery, and I feel like I could eat a sandwich! I don't have any of the symptoms I've been reading about on here. I've been staying on the liquids, tea, yogurt, broth, and I pureed some lite vegetable Soup yesterday and got 2 meals out of it, but I feel more bloated then I do full. The only discomfort I have is from my outside stitches tugging and feeling itchy, but they are due to come out on Wed., and walking, I walk slow because of all the liquids, I get a cramp in my side if I don't. My stomach is not bothering me at all, even after I pureed the soup, I don't know if I can last another week on just this type of diet. I'm beginning to wonder if they took out half my stomach or missed and took something else? lol.. Is anyone else feeling like this? Has anyone started adding soft foods to their diet, like soup, in the second week without having to puree everything? What foods can I eat without causing any damage to my stomach? unsure.gif