Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

going down clothing/bra sizes question to losers

Hi ladies, I have a question... I'm doing my surgery next week and I need to order some bras for the future. I've already lost 66 pounds and my bras are so loose already. So my question is, what have you experienced with losing cup sizes??? I know this is a personal question, but I cant even begin to guess, and it will take about 2 months for my stuff to arrive here (Korea). I'm currently wearing a 44DD.. while the cup size hasn't changed, it's just too loose around my chest. Thanks for any and all advice in advance!!!! biggrin.gif

I was a 44DD or 44DDD before surgery depending on the bra. Now I'm a 38DD. My cup size has stayed the same but let me tell you they have deflated. They kinda puddle in the bra so at the top of the cup I have room for OHhhh say my phone or ipod? I wouldn't buy any bras before you are actually that size. Some 38DDs that I try on now just don't hold my bewbs right and they spill out the middle or give me underarm bewbs.

Hi ladies, I have a question... I'm doing my surgery next week and I need to order some bras for the future. I've already lost 66 pounds and my bras are so loose already. So my question is, what have you experienced with losing cup sizes??? I know this is a personal question, but I cant even begin to guess, and it will take about 2 months for my stuff to arrive here (Korea). I'm currently wearing a 44DD.. while the cup size hasn't changed, it's just too loose around my chest. Thanks for any and all advice in advance!!!! biggrin.gif

My cup size remained the same, I went down a size. I would not suggest ordering too many as things change so rapidly. Mine, like DJ said deflated also :(

I was a 42 DD when I started out -- and when I was a 38 DD, I ordered bras. I couldn't let them swim around my waist anymore :lol: -- Well, now I'm a 36 D and I had to order again because I'm again swimming. ugh. My advise is to buy inexpensive bras that you don't care if you have to buy again in a couple of month. Kohl's, Target, Walmart, Sears -- those kind of stores usually have inexpensive bras that can last a month or two until you get to the next size.

And the next issue is when you should order given that you have to wait -- I waited for 4 sizes before ordering -- big mistake -- I'm not doing it this time. When I ordered last time, my bras were a little snug, but now I'm puddling in them again, so before I get to the point where they're hanging around my waist, I ordered again. Hopefully (blink.gif) they won't get too small! sigh.

Thanks ladies!!!

@DJackson...LOL about the phone/ipod biggrin.gif

@juliarh... thanks!! Walmart is a great idea!! I just looked and I can't believe you can buy a bra for $10... amazing!!! I will order a couple each of a few sizes going down...LOL about the shrinkage biggrin.gif