Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost a Year Has Passed

The pics always tell the strongest visual story but no, I have no plans to post. I wish to keep my identity private.

Amazing! Would love to see some pics if you have time to post. :)

Congrats on the success!! I totally related to your point about having a carefully cultivated wardrobe. I'm feeling the same way. I have loads and loads of (really nice) clothes that all fit me now (and for the past decade), but nothing in a smaller size at all. I am feeling reluctant to get rid of anything, which is the first indication I've had that I on some level might believe this won't work for me after all. Weird. I know things already don't fit, but I'm a bit in denial.

I also hear you about not posting photos.

Cheers!

For the first few months, my weight dropped quite dramatically. I was constantly looking at my wardrobe to find things to wear as I am sure, like many people, I had quite a size range. I had it in my mind I had clothes for 'months ahead' but the truth for me is that I went through my entire wardrobe and zipped past sizes I expected to wear (but didn't) in less than 6 months post-op. I got to the point where I tried on my smaller clothes once a month and I could see the difference each month and there were many things I never even got a chance to wear. Talk about thrilling.

Don't feel reluctant. I think that is a natural feeling because we have all dieted and gained back and tended to keep that larger wardrobe 'just in case'. I guess we knew deep down that diets don't work. But this does. Trust me.

I just did my second consignment and the store couldn't believe these were my clothes. They were new-ish but much much larger than the woman standing before them. The owner asked me if they were actually my clothes! As I was preparing the clothes for this consignment, I was holding up items I had worn mere months ago and can't believe I was that big. I had been dealing with my brain not catching up to the image in the mirror plus the comments I had received from others so after I looked at my old/large clothes recently, any remaining denial flew right out the window.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Congrats on the success!! I totally related to your point about having a carefully cultivated wardrobe. I'm feeling the same way. I have loads and loads of (really nice) clothes that all fit me now (and for the past decade), but nothing in a smaller size at all. I am feeling reluctant to get rid of anything, which is the first indication I've had that I on some level might believe this won't work for me after all. Weird. I know things already don't fit, but I'm a bit in denial.

I also hear you about not posting photos.

Cheers!

Eloquentblue, thanks for sharing your success story! It is very inspirational! I bet you look fantastic!