Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

frustrated...

Hi All,

just feel like I need a little rant/vent!

I am getting really frustrated now... Since Jan 29th I have only lost 3lb! I know it is better than nothing at all or even a gain, but 3lb!

I ain't saying that I am perfect, 'cos I ain't... but I am 95% of the time. I am, once again ticking all the boxes; even increased my exercise and started new classes... circuit training and boxing training... trying to mix things up a little but to no real gain.

My head is playing tricks again; on the one side it is saying... well done! So far so good. And then the other side it is saying 'this isn't fair, why aren't I losing more?'

I am waiting on the results of my blood test to see what my hormones are doing cos my monthlies are all over the place and I haven't 'seen' anything since the 8th Jan! Not sure if this is part of the problem, but even so, it is really starting to do my head in *sighs*

I hope this isn't the end of my weight loss...

Hiya

Maybe its something in the Water at the moment, as I was sleeved about a month before you, but seem to be static at the moment, although I'd like to shift another 10-14lb ideally. I'm wondering have I got 'there' or can I still loose more... my Dr said if I pick up my exercise that I should be able to lose a bit more... so thats what I am doing.

Maybe try the 5 day pouch test again to see if you've increased amounts a little without realising.

Either way... good luck.

Hi All,

just feel like I need a little rant/vent!

I am getting really frustrated now... Since Jan 29th I have only lost 3lb! I know it is better than nothing at all or even a gain, but 3lb!

I ain't saying that I am perfect, 'cos I ain't... but I am 95% of the time. I am, once again ticking all the boxes; even increased my exercise and started new classes... circuit training and boxing training... trying to mix things up a little but to no real gain.

My head is playing tricks again; on the one side it is saying... well done! So far so good. And then the other side it is saying 'this isn't fair, why aren't I losing more?'

I am waiting on the results of my blood test to see what my hormones are doing cos my monthlies are all over the place and I haven't 'seen' anything since the 8th Jan! Not sure if this is part of the problem, but even so, it is really starting to do my head in *sighs*

I hope this isn't the end of my weight loss...

My dear friend, don't fret . . . I had a really bad 6 months and because of that gained 21 lbs or so, very heartbreaking and very embarrassing to discuss, but in order to help a problem, one must admit to the problem. . . so i just pulled myself together last wednesday and said NO MORE!!!! I was given this thing to HELP me it's not going to do the losing for me. . . so i went back to basics, very high Protein and very low carbs . . . now Breakfast is usually 2 poached eggs; lunch is 2-4 oz of a meat (not processed) but rather tuna, hamburger meat, chicken, turkey (homemade not store bought) ; dinner is more meat and a piece of cheese . . . before bed is cheese ( a good hunk of it) . . . no snacking at all. . . if the head hunger strikes I found my self-soothing food is tea with Creamer. . . that is where my carbs come from. . . since wednesday I've lost 5lbs . . . i will keep it up and don't give up. . . i do alot of self talk, if i'm feeling hungry, I ask myself "are you really hungry?" i stop and LISTEN to my tummy, most times it's a big no, then i'll have something to drink or have tea. . . I've stopped drinking alcohol as well as that was getting in the way and as we know alcohol has lots of calories. . . i'll always have issues that will try to sabatoge my work and i'll always have stress at my job, but it's how i handle the situation that will either make me or break me. . . i've come too far to regain my weight, and spent way too much money (I was self pay). . .I hope all goes well for you, make sure the doctor checks your Vitamin D levels, it's amazing how this Vitamin affects weight. . . good luck and care about you!!smile.gif

Thanks for the replies... just what I need some encouragement!

Sparkle, I have been thinking of the ppouch test, I lost a pound on it before but with a big increase in the intensity of my new training I ain't sure there is enough cals in there for me???? I will have a good think about that as it could be a good option.

Looking at you ticker and your BMI I would be well chuffed if I was there.... 157 is like a dream come true for me at the moment...lol. I suppose we have to make a decision about goal that is viable for our bodies to be healthy and fit at. I just don't think, mine at 183lb, is a good place to stop?! Let us know how the increase in exercise goes ... good luck! =]

Hey Thin, sorry you've had a shitty time, but glad the worst is over and you are getting your head around things. Good for you, too, for getting that 5lb off... ain't easy to get back on the bike, after you've fallen off!! Keep up that good work!

I too have had a couple of days off the 'all protein'.... it was starting to do my head in, and I felt I needed a break! I had some carbs, good carbs, and I think it did me good cos I was getting bored of all meat!

I will, as ever, keep plodding on and fingers crossed we will see the scale move very soon...

Hiya coops,

Thanks for your message this morning. I'm feeling better by the day cutting down on the zombie pills makes me feel better !!!

Just wanted to say, what a fantastic reply from thinoneday, I've copied it and will keep it to spur me on when I get my " Its not fair " head on. Its in a box at the minute and is very well worn so I know just how you feel !!! hee hee !

I can't give you much advice on the stall. Lets hope that when the blood tests come back you might get some answers. My stars !!! the exercise your doing, is it because you're doing the Olympics next year ???

I need to get off my bum and do some, I'll be better when I get back to work and living a normal life again, not that I am exactly normal !!! Hee Hee. I used to go swimming to a ladies only thing, I wouldn't subject anyone to the sight of me in a cozzie right now but maybe in a month or so I might pluck up the courage.

By the way, have you checked out our boys in their Kidz video on U Tube ? If not have a look at it, you'll get a bit more inspiration from it. In the words of Borat " WAAA WAAA WEEE WAAA !!!! " is the only way to describe it !!!!!!

If you need a rant or a moan just message me and I'll put my twopenneth in. Stay positive and use and abuse the power of the Williams !!!!

Take care

love and hugs

Angela xxx

By the way, have you checked out our boys in their Kidz video on U Tube ? If not have a look at it, you'll get a bit more inspiration from it. In the words of Borat " WAAA WAAA WEEE WAAA !!!! " is the only way to describe it !!!!!!

If you need a rant or a moan just message me and I'll put my twopenneth in. Stay positive and use and abuse the power of the Williams !!!!

Take care

love and hugs

Angela xxx

Hey Angela,

It is like you've know me all my life... How did you know I need a dose of the boys to get me motivated... I will defo check out the video and yes, I have to use the power of Williams to get me through this blip in the matrix...lol

Thank you for being soooo kind xx

Vent away Coops, that is why we are here. I lost all of -2lbs in Feb....and it sucks!!!! I think I've lost -1lb since the start of March, but it is soooooooo frustrating when you know you are doing all the right things and still the scale doesn't cooperate. I did take my measurements (all over) and lost almost 6 inches in Feb. so that was encouraging.

Good luck with getting checked out, and I hope you can figure out some of the puzzle so you can move onward and downward!

I don't have a lot to add but I did want to commend you on losing 55 pounds!!

When I was first banded I think it took me about 1 1/2 years to lose 55 pounds so in my world, you are doing FANtastic!!! biggrin.gif

I think the 5 day pouch test is a great idea and thinoneday's diet sounds amazing!! I'm in the midst of a stall as well so I might be trying that diet too.

Take care of you!