Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

day after post op psych appt. feeling hopeful..

went to my psych appt. yesterday and he said I have anorexia which I find odd because I am still 381lbs! But he says with my strict eating and severe calorie counting and anxiety about weight gain accompanied by the occasional fasting to up my weight loss that these are all symptoms of anorexia! He says it is not all my fault or in my head and that he figures it began the first month after surgery when I was unable to keep an food down and lost almost 70lbs in one month. He believes my stomach has become accustomed to vomiting and the pain I feel in my stomach is real , so he is gonna get a nutritionist that specializes in anorexia to help me and get me some meds from my surgeon to help with my stomach so I can finally Begin taking my Vitamins and take in he proper amount of Protein a day! also he believes I have a fear of eating due to the severe vomiting I have had in the past which makes total sense to me.. I am happy that I made the decision to go to my appt. yesterday and I for once in 3 months feel hopeful on feeling better and having more energy along with being healthy and weight loss..

I am so glad to hear that you are getting the help you need. Hopefully you won't continue to feel put down by the doctor and other medical team members!!

That is awesome. I'm so glad that you found someone to "give it to you straight" but also willing to work with you. CONGRATULATIONS!

Great News. I hope you continue with this person so you can keep getting all the help possible to be successful.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches