Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is my problem?!?!?!?!

Diane, that's a great incentive. I think I'll do a spa day and a new wardrobe when I hit my goal. Hopefully it will be just in time for our cruise. Speaking of which, if anyone is interested in joining us, we're going on a Western Caribbean cruise with Norwegian Cruise Lines out of New Orleans from December 10-17. Send me a message and I'll give you the info. :eek:

Im in the same place right now at the moment. I get on the scales in the morning and it flashes 89.8 and then settles on 90.2. I've been this weight for about five weeks. I just want to see the eighties, its been 12 years since I've been there, I will really truly have broken some personal boundaries then.

So why do I continue to make bad food choices day in and day out, its less than half a kilogram for crying out loud and I just cant lose it.

And I've had a horrible exercise month though not through laziness. I've had a terrible erosion in my eye, then eye surgery and two bad head colds, there has not been one week in the last four where I've been able to exercise more than once or twice.

I need a firecracker up my you know what.

I think that rewarding yourself for the progress you have already made it a GREAT idea. YOu are going through the same thing that we do through before the band, right. Lose 40 pounds and not cheat once on weight watchers. work out everyday and then..... from no where comes the loss of motivation. and over the next 6 months the weight comes back. Here's my advice..... thank God for the band and band police...... Make a pact with yourself that you will put protien in your body first then treats. Only cheat on days your exercise....... that sounds like pre band days advice too. I think it must be in the head. I was banded on wednesday and I have not been hungry yet..... But head hunger.......oh how i just want burgers and steaks and good food. I am working on my food addiction. I will overcome it........ people beat addictions everyday. I am using the band as a tool to help me beat this food addiction. It has controlled me for 15 years.... I think that being banded is a great tool but I also think that demons that got us to need the band in the first place do not disappear..... We must work out our demons........

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

weight.png

[/url]

ALL RIGHT EVERYBODY. UP AND AT 'EM! GET MOVING, GET MOVING! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

That was my attempt at being your personal cheerleader! Like it?

I am new at being banded. However, like most people on this board, I am not new at attempting to lose weight and be healthy. I decided that I was NOT going to weigh. I decided that 5 days a week I was going to eat 1000 calories and exercise. That is it. That is my committment to this band. Hopefully, the band will help me do that. I also decided that 2 days a week, whichever I choose, I will put anything in my mouth and not count the calories. I am not going to be a slave to this band. I am thankful that I am only 2 weeks out and have had no complications. I am already eating soft food. IT goes down well and I fill full after about 1/2 cup. I did not ask the doctor but common sense says that if you tolerate it you can do it. I have lost 22 pounds but I am not weighing again until I do to the doctor in 6 weeks. I know enough about nutrition to understand that If 5 days a week you only take in 1,000 and you burn 500. YOU WILL TAKE OFF THE WEIGHT. I was weighing everday. It was driving me crazy............... I will not be a slave to the scale either.

I hope that you can find the motivation that you need to starting losing again. You have to remember that you have done remarkably well....... Do you know that my doctor said that about 50% of the patients have the band a NEVER GET A FILL. He says he never sees them again until a year later and they are STILL FAT because they are non compliant..... Those people are added into the statistics........ You are not one of those....... You have done it!!! Keep going...................

That's what I like about these boards...you find out you're never alone.

I lost 168lbs during my first 2 years (had some small ups and downs but thats normal for me if I don't exercise). Well this year has been a bi**h for me emotionally and I have gained 70lbs - yes 70lbs. This is due to comfort eating all the wrong foods and not doing one iota of exercise.

The stupid thing, which I cannot seem to get stuck into my thick brain, is exercising makes me feel great....so why can I not keep it up?

Anyhow, after having a small op last week to remove my gallbladder (you ought to see the size of the stone) for some reason I am totally motivated again and am living the bandster rules!!

I wish you luck as it is a combined mind game along with exercise...but we know we can do it with the help of our bands and this site.

pplqueen -I loved what your doctor said about half of the people never get a fill & don't lose any weight. I am SURE that they messed up the statistics!! :girl_hug: That makes me feel so much better!!

Linds - I have a feeling that there are a lot of people who are in our situation & it really sucks doesn't it? I can't imagine gaining back 70 lbs & I totally feel for you!!! :tired It's crazy that we know everything we should be doing, but she just don't do it!! I could teach a class on weight loss. I am an expert on it!! I just can't seem to apply all it of it to me. :) You can do it Linds. WE BOTH CAN!! Time to kick some butt here.

I think I have made a big turn around for the better!! Over the July 4th Holiday, I did a lot of thinking. I am very good at earning rewards when I know there's something to win. So, I am going to motivate myself to lose those last 30 lbs!!! I posted this on my rewards thread, but I'll post it here too!!

I had all my nails & everything taken off this weekend. I love getting manicures & pedicures because they make me feel so pretty!! Well, they are gone!! And, I won't be treating myself to ANYTHING until these last 30 lbs. are GONE!! Once I hit 170, I will be treating myself to an ALL DAY SPA TREATMENT!! There will be 10 things I will be indulging in that day & when I walk out of there, I am going to be HOT!! And, I'll have my pretty nails back.

This has really lit a fire under my butt!!!!!! I am back on track & doing so good. For 3 days now, I haven't eaten any sugar, drank all my Water, ate good bandster foods AND I'm buying a treadmill this week. I AM GOING TO DO THIS!!!! :girl_hug:

Thank you all for your comments & help. It really does make a difference when you know there's people just like you who are struggling right along with you.

Next time I'll post it will be an update on my wonderful progess!! NO MORE COMPLAINING!!! I REALLY want my nails back on!! :phanvan

Reading your last post Diane has gotten me thinking also. I only have 40 more pounds to lose! I want it gone before Christmas... I am up off my butt too! You can do this, we can do this!

I have sworn off the sugar and I will start going to the gym more often! I am really increasing my cardio too.

Go Heather!! 40 lbs. before December isn't that much!! That's about 6 lbs a month. 1.5 lbs. a week. That's right on track & very do-able!!!

No more complaining. JUST DO IT!! (Talking to myself here!!!!) I got my big tall glass of Water next to me & I'm going on Fit Day to plan out my days menu. WE CAN DO THIS HEATHER!!!! :biggrin1:

I'm so sick of my self & my laziness!! For the first 8 months of being banded, I did EXCELLENT!! I lost 63 lbs. I worked out 5 times a week & felt so good. I had so much energy.

I was in the same situation for 3 - 4 months December January February..

in December i lost only 2 lb January nothing February 1 lbr.. was terrible..

like i was tired from the effort.. then i went for a fill and i came back on track.. i don't know why this happened..

now i have sometimes this strange feeling of laziness but rarely and not so long these kind of "breaks" and then i come back again..

You know Diane we are human! not robots.. we need these breaks..

just don't let them being more than a week.. cause then is harder to come back.. Get a look on yourself in the mirror and look again those pictures of you with your progress! you have done excellent!

Hey Diane....you have a great attitude, really you do...just let it work for you. I truly believe that you can be at a plateau for a long time and then all of sudden...booom...it'll happen. Case in point...our post-op coord (who got the band 5 yrs ago) "only" lost 35 lbs in her first year. The second year, she lost 90 lbs!!!! And she is at goal and maintaining. So, even if things look "dim"....it can turn around for the better!!!

Keep up the great work!! And don't forget about your past accomplishments/success as you strive for those next 30 lbs!

:confused:

Diane, it is normal for all things in life to be so motivated and excited initially but then the newness wears off. It is just like buying a new car, we tell our kids they can not eat in the car etc....all the rules because the car is new. But, after some months go by, we tend to get less strict with the initial rules we put in place. Hang in there because we all are human and go through the same if not similiar situations in life.

You can do it Diane!!! I'll be a cheerleadeer!!!! You can beat the "statistics"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate being a statistic too....most of the time :confused: !!!!

You go woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -56lbs :)

I've been thinking about this, and I think it qualifies as an NSV. You have figured out how to MAINTAIN! Isn't that the name of the game? Learning how to maintain once you have lost?

I think being able to take a break means that you have learned a valuable lesson. Congrats!

Hey Vines! You are sooo right. This IS an NSV. It gives me a lot of confidence to know that when I do reach my goal, I am very capable of keeping it off. I have lost LOTS of weight in my life but never successfully kept it off. Maybe this time it will STAY OFF!!

By the way, I am down 3 more lbs today! My Spa incentive is working!! When ever I think of eating junk, I just picture that Day Spa in my mind & I am so motivated that the junk just isn't worth it!!

I AM GOING TO DO THIS!!!!!!!! :)