Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

I'm still around as well but life keeps me from signing in as much as I used/wan to. I am down 124lbs and about 20lbs from goal. Goal is 164 which I may or may not reach. However, I am happy to be out of the 200's for the first time since high school and my wife loves the new me. Hip, Hip, Hooray for the 50's.

I'm here! I'm 51. Sleeved 10/14/13. Down 72 pounds and feel incredible. So much energy! I even tried day one of couch to 5k today. It was tough but I did it! I couldn't run when I was heavy due to asthma. My asthma has much improved with the weight loss. I am 20 some pounds from goal and I am never going back to the old me.

hi I'm 56 years old and loving my new Portion Control sleeve.

7 months post op and down 65 pounds I am a slow loser but I believe it has helped me not lose my hair and I am so happy with my decision to get to sleeve. I'm 13 pounds from Onederland. I was a size 28 now I am a size 18/20.

Sounds like me. I'm also struggling to get to goal and going up and down the same 3-4 pounds! I think my body thinks this is it for me. I'm a size M or S top and 10 bottom, so I guess that's not the worst thing. I'm really just chasing a number at this point - but I'd sure like to lose at least another 10 pounds. How much farther do you have to go?

I want to lose about 10lbs. I gotten within 5 lbs two weeks ago but went back up again. Not always sure why but sometimes I still sabotage my self. I am a sugar addict but also I've been trying a lot if new activities like jogging and a ballet barre class at my gym. Definitely have a lot of swelling whenever I do something new that pushes me physically. Also eating out makes me retain Fluid. Probably the salt content plus I like to have a glass of wine which doesn't help. Sigh, just can't party like I used to!

I feel like I do the same thing. I start getting close then I loosen up a little, then I'm right back up a few pounds. It's just a mental thing. Well - I guess only in part. The truth is that I have to eat about 800 calories to lose weight, and I gain if eat more than 1200-1300. It's really crazy! So, if eating more than 800 calories a day is self sabotage, that's what I do, lol. I've been at this about 15 months, and that's a really long time to be that restrictive. I know that I can never, and will never be able to go back to my old ways, but the cold hard truth is a little disheartening. On the other hand, I look pretty good for my age, so it's all worth it to me. I wake up every day thrilled to be "thin"!

To all of you having or soon to be having your surgery, Best of luck to you. Keep in mind after the surgery, the weight will come off very slowly, You did not put 50 lbs a week on, you will not lose 50 lbs the first week, and you will gain, you will not lose..... do not be obsessed with the "NUMBER" you will lose inches.. stay focused, and I hope many of you do not do what I have seen MANY do, lose 50-75 lbs and think oh a little of this is OK.... always remember how you felt BEFORE surgery... how bad you wanted the surgery to help you. Surgery is just a help. YOU have to do the rest. Don't think ice cream is OK because it does not fill you up...... YOU have to stay focused, and do what you know is correct. I know many that go to Mexico do not get the direction many of us in the US do. Protein is your friend. Eat it first. No you will not be hungry. That is your HEAD thinking you are hungry. If we can help, holler. Get in your Water, and PROTIEN FIRST. You will not be able to eat a whole egg at first, funny I know, been there done that. Took me over a year and half before I could eat a WHOLE EGG!! Sounds silly I know... but been there done that.

Such good advice! I'm 8 months out and a whole egg would be a struggle (but I know someone who could eat a whole egg much sooner than I could) I hit the 80 pound mark and the "little bit of this is OK".....it isn't......back to the basics. Thank you for this!

To all of you having or soon to be having your surgery, Best of luck to you. Keep in mind after the surgery, the weight will come off very slowly, You did not put 50 lbs a week on, you will not lose 50 lbs the first week, and you will gain, you will not lose..... do not be obsessed with the "NUMBER" you will lose inches.. stay focused, and I hope many of you do not do what I have seen MANY do, lose 50-75 lbs and think oh a little of this is OK.... always remember how you felt BEFORE surgery... how bad you wanted the surgery to help you. Surgery is just a help. YOU have to do the rest. Don't think ice cream is OK because it does not fill you up...... YOU have to stay focused, and do what you know is correct. I know many that go to Mexico do not get the direction many of us in the US do. Protein is your friend. Eat it first. No you will not be hungry. That is your HEAD thinking you are hungry. If we can help, holler. Get in your Water, and PROTIEN FIRST. You will not be able to eat a whole egg at first, funny I know, been there done that. Took me over a year and half before I could eat a WHOLE EGG!! Sounds silly I know... but been there done that.

I love my sleeve and the help it offers, yes I'm along way from my goal weight but after years of yo-yo dieting with its ultimate failures this sleeve has giving me the control ice never been able to attain any other way.

But being over fifty also make me realize life is short a and being healthy into my golden years is my first priory yes...but I refuse to always pass up a piece of cake lol

I love my sleeve and the help it offers, yes I'm along way from my goal weight but after years of yo-yo dieting with its ultimate failures this sleeve has giving me the control ice never been able to attain any other way. But being over fifty also make me realize life is short a and being healthy into my golden years is my first priory yes...but I refuse to always pass up a piece of cake lol

AGREE

Hi everyone, I'm 55 yrs young & sleeved March 10th. First week postop I cried & just knew I had made a huge mistake. Now I'm doing great, no pain & so far no problems with slowly adding foods back to my diet. I've been reading your posts & gotten some great tips!

Welcome KajunGumbo! That first week post-op is a tough one but you made it through!

Holy cow that first week was horrible, but I'm good now that I have been allowed more soft foods like well cooked veggies & eggs. I was never a cold Breakfast person so the eggs were much appreciated,

I remember being really excited about cream of wheat my 2nd week post-op. LOL! I made it too thick and it got stuck. I was miserable for a couple of hours til it finally started to break down. You can't always feel when you are full the first month or so as you are still healing. It's a good idea to measure your portions, eat slowly and chew thoroughly.

I remember being really excited about cream of wheat my 2nd week post-op. LOL! I made it too thick and it got stuck. I was miserable for a couple of hours til it finally started to break down. You can't always feel when you are full the first month or so as you are still healing. It's a good idea to measure your portions, eat slowly and chew thoroughly.

thanks, I will