Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Swimsuit Season

M2G

For the first time in, um forever, I'm looking forward to this summer and swimsuit season.

I got a Land's End catalog in the mail last week and they have SO many swimsuits. Of course it is way too early to buy one, hoping to lose a good chunk of change by May/June, but it is fun dreaming. And thinking of taking my kids to a waterpark or pool or something and not feeling like I want to hide from the entire world. I can't wait to get rid of all my swimdresses and replace them with new, cute, stylish swimwear. .

Anyone else?

That is something I am looking forward to as well! I also want to take another trip to Disney World so I can replace all of the fat pics of me with thin ones. LOL It will be fun to not dread bathing suits anymore.B)

Girl I am with you. I have lost 41 lbs soo far I was sleeved Nov 22, this weekend I tried on my old size 12 pants and they fit ( i wore these pants 4 years ago) and I didnt have to lay on the bed and zipper them up with pliers.. LOL I have been on a clothing "HIGH" all weekend. It feels soooooooo wonderful. As for the bathing suit, I am going on a 12 day cruise around Italy in June so I will have to be rocking a cute bathing suit. CAN NOT WAIT. I am hoping to be in a 10 by then. These little mile stones are soo worth it. I have not regreted doing th surgery one day since I did it.. good luck with your weight loss.. This is an amazing rid

T

I'm a guy and am excited too. There is an "Adult wellness" center near me that really ought to be named a "Senior Wellness Center" as you have to be 50 years old to join. Well in April I turn 50 so I plan on joining on my BD. They have a lap pool and a high heated aerobics pool. I HATE exercising but I LOVE to swim.

The only suit I have is a 4X which now I could practically put two of me in. I'm anxious to pick up a new suit and take the plunge.

I would totally love to agree with you, but since I had twins 4 years ago and just lost about 50 pounds since having my sleeve, I am so NOT looking forward to wearing a bathing suit! For some reason, my skin is not bouncing back. I knew going into this that my stomach was not going to shrink up, twins will do that to you, but my legs are a mess! I will be wearing shorts over my suit for sure! They will be a size small, not XXL, but they will be there!!!!!

I would totally love to agree with you, but since I had twins 4 years ago and just lost about 50 pounds since having my sleeve, I am so NOT looking forward to wearing a bathing suit! For some reason, my skin is not bouncing back. I knew going into this that my stomach was not going to shrink up, twins will do that to you, but my legs are a mess! I will be wearing shorts over my suit for sure! They will be a size small, not XXL, but they will be there!!!!!

Hi Patti I had twins too. I am loads older (52) but as I lost weight I rediscovered my 'twins tum' which i had forgotten about as it was filled out with fat. It's not too bad though, more vertical creases and sagging round the navel. I wear tankinis in public and a bikini if I am with close friends and family and its private. Still better being thin though!!

Jane x

Hi Patti I had twins too. I am loads older (52) but as I lost weight I rediscovered my 'twins tum' which i had forgotten about as it was filled out with fat. It's not too bad though, more vertical creases and sagging round the navel. I wear tankinis in public and a bikini if I am with close friends and family and its private. Still better being thin though!!

Jane x

AW Jane, that makes me feel a whole lot better! I have this gorgeous pool in my backyard and would love to wear a bikini! i think for vacation and BBQs I will get a tankini and for the family time on the weekends I will get me a cute little bikini so my hubby can google his eyes at me! And no you are not loads older, just a few years! i'm just a late bloomer when it comes to having kids!

Patti :)

Swimsuits....hmmmm... still unsure on this one!

When I had my sleeve I really thought I would be able to wear a two piece by the summer... however, I don't think I will be at goal by then, and althougth I have lost a fair amount, I don't think my confidence is up enough to wear a two piece yet...

My head hasn't recognised my weight loss, and I daily struggle with the fat demons telling me I am still too big, whereas realistically I am only a little bit big now! - does that even make sense...lol =]

It's hard to believe, but I am looking forward to it, but I need to find the right one. I still have some sagging skin at the top of my thighs and there is no way my jelly-like belly is going to be revealed to the world. Things look pretty good covered up, but not au-naturale!

I am on the lookout for some of the cute swim shorts (no more "big woman skirts, thank you very much) and a cute tank top with a built in bra to hold up the little that's left. Anyone know a good place to look?

I've been rocking a 2-piece and a 1-piece in Hawaii! I have huge boobs, so swimsuit shopping is still a challenge, but it's definitely easier now! When I bought my new 1-piece, I didn't have any issues with my reflection in the mirror for once, even though I'm no swimsuit model, still (and never will look like one). It was nice to have a swimsuit shopping session that was NOT loaded with negative emotions.

I can't imagine myself in a two piece. EVER! I have a pic of me in a two piece at age 6 i think, and even then, I had a big belly sticking out. I will be looking forward to some more options this year.

It's hard to believe, but I am looking forward to it, but I need to find the right one. I still have some sagging skin at the top of my thighs and there is no way my jelly-like belly is going to be revealed to the world. Things look pretty good covered up, but not au-naturale!

I am on the lookout for some of the cute swim shorts (no more "big woman skirts, thank you very much) and a cute tank top with a built in bra to hold up the little that's left. Anyone know a good place to look?

Mini...here is the lands end link

http://www.landsend.com/ix/swimwear-swimsuits/index.html?tab=6&seq=1&page=1&pageSize=12&store=le&cm_re=SWIM_-D-1

They have more mix and match than anywhere else I've seen!

Here is another online link that might have some good options

http://www.swimoutlet.com/Womens_Boardshorts_s/383.htm

And tops to mix and match with the shorts

http://www.swimoutlet.com/Tankinis_s/1061.htm

Happy Shopping!

Mini...here is the lands end link

http://www.landsend....cm_re=SWIM_-D-1

They have more mix and match than anywhere else I've seen!

Here is another online link that might have some good options

http://www.swimoutle...horts_s/383.htm

And tops to mix and match with the shorts

http://www.swimoutle...inis_s/1061.htm

Happy Shopping!

Cool - thanks!

N0. I am on a long stall, and am still not sure I will ever lose more weight (I know this is counter productive thinking...) I still have hope for summer 2012!