Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok I have been cool calm and collected all this :unsure: time and then Saturday I started balling .I know lots of you have been where I am , so how did you get through it ??????

I'll tell you what kept me sane, coming here and reading as many success stories as I possibly could. Looking through the numerous before/during/after pictures were huge for me! Good luck! You will be just fine, and when you're 5 months post op like me you will be wondering why you didn't do it sooner. ;)

Diva has some great advice. I also kept reading my surgeon's statistics about quality of life and improvement of co-morbities (sp?) after surgery. It quickly changed me from bawling to being excited again.

This is very normal and natural. You will get through it & be so pleased once you see the results! You are almost a LOSER!!!!!

Awww...don't worry. You will do great. The sleeve is such an amazing tool. It will change your life in ways you can't even imagine for the better. You can do this. You will love life with the sleeve!

This is normal ...I was so nervous did not know what to expect....then I just looked at the before and after pictures also it kept me going and my surgeron and staff were very supportive...just think about how your life will change ...You will do fine

I think it is being away from my kids for 5 nights and feeling scared about Mexico. I am a person who just worries so much !!! I never thought I would break down but I have . I cried at the bank today getting the cashiers check lol felt so silly had to let my husband go in while I was in the car. Not to mention I have sucked at my pre- op diet

Hi

I went through the same worries and it was hard to leave my kids. I decided that I would be better by going alone and having my husband with them otherwise I would be too worried about them. I missed them a lot but I had the laptop and could see and talk to them twice a day, kiss goodnight and pray before they went to bed. They were just fine with that. They had a calendar in the fridge and they placed stickers there everytime they wanted moms hugs or kisses so could give them all the misses hugs and kisses when I came back (and the gifts too, LOL). When I returned I realized that the time away to rest and recover was actually very important and in the 2 first days after my return I was a bit bothered by the noise and constant calls for attention. Take the time away to speed up your recovery, it will be worth it. :D

It will all be fine...you don't want to believe us, or can't believe us, but it WILL all be fine. It's a big change and it's totally NORMAL for you to be feeling this way. If you didn't, I'd question your sanity. Cry, yell, be mad, whatever, just get it out of your system, bc when you are done, you will be so happy and proud of yourself. It's really not hard at all, just a change. A good change. Keep your chin up and know you are doing the right thing. I expect to see a post on here after you are done....I'm watching you! ;)

I think it is being away from my kids for 5 nights and feeling scared about Mexico. I am a person who just worries so much !!! I never thought I would break down but I have . I cried at the bank today getting the cashiers check lol felt so silly had to let my husband go in while I was in the car. Not to mention I have sucked at my pre- op diet

Of course you will miss your babies while you are gone, its a very natural feeling. Just think though, by doing this you are preventing having to leave your babies forever. I know, maybe that's not something any of us like thinking about, but staying obese is such a bad choice.

I know you are definitely going through with it, you bought the cashier's check. That is putting the final lid on it. I'm just trying to ease the anxiety for you right now. Stay focused on all the positives that will result by taking charge of your life and squashing the burden that is food in our lives.

Many blessings!! You will do fine, absolutely and positively. Hang in there and take care of yourself first, then everything else will follow.

Make that list now. You know the list of all the things that will be better, more fun, more healthy, etc, etc, etc, Keep reading it all the way to surgery. I'm typing mine up in a large font and posting it somewhere in my hospital room where I can see it every time I open my eyes.

thank you all so much I leave tonight for my surgery tomorrow and it is going to e great and I cant wait all my kids have big weekend plans so it is goingto be fine . I would be lost with out all the support I have found on this site

thank you all so much I leave tonight for my surgery tomorrow and it is going to e great and I cant wait all my kids have big weekend plans so it is goingto be fine . I would be lost with out all the support I have found on this site

Good Luck!

Keep us all posted, we are thinking about you!