Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Texas Gastric Sleeve Buddies?

Conroe/woodlands here! Who did your surgery??

Hi, I'm from Springtown west of Fort Worth.

I am Southwest Fort Worth! :-)

@Brandy...not sure if u were asking me or not but I haven't had surgery yet. Just got approved yesterday, will have a date in the next couple days. Its Dr Dean at Southeast TX Bariatric...

Good to hear from so many fellow Texans.

Posting again to update my success story.

Started the program last year at 420 lbs. was sleeved on Aug 29 by Dr. Kim, so am a touch over 8 months out post surgery.

I weighed in at 270 lbs yesterday, for a total weight loss of 150 lbs, including the pre surgery liquid diet. Pretty pumped up this week over that milestone! Feeling GREAT!

The only side effect I had was 6-8 weeks of excessive fatigue after the surgery.

My wife Robin was sleeved by Dr. Kim around the middle of July and is also doing great and has lost around 120 lbs so far.

Am surprised to see so many negative comments about Dr. Kim and his staff.

I would not hesitate to reccomend Dr. Kim to anyone. My wife and I have had excellent support from his staff and my opinion and my personal doctor's opinion is that there is no better surgeon in north Texas performing this type of weight loss surgery.

I suppose if you need extra hand holding and lots of personal attention by the doctor, Dr. Kim could disappoint you in that area. Personally, I think it is more important for him to be improving as many folks lives as possible by focusing on the surgeries and letting his staff support you after the surgery. We found his staff to be awesome, very friendly and professional and supportive.

I would choose him again in an instant.

Some complain about the cost of the Protein Shake he sells. I have tried other protien shakes in the past and none works nearly as well for me as the Bariessentials do. I still do two shakes every day. In my opinion, his shake is a top quality product and completely worth the cost of 2.50 per serving.

I hope all the Texas buddies have nothing but the very best results with their sleeves. My sleeve has changed my lIfe and saved my life!

Scheduled for April 30th with Dr. Marvin, currently living in Baytown, east of Houston!

Hi, I am new here. I live in Houston. Surgery set for Apr 18th. Start pre-op tomorrow!!!

Congratulations JaniRN!!! I cannot wait for mine on May 10!

I am close to Houston in Beaumont TX. Just got approved today. I will be scheduled for early May...

if you dont mind me asking how long was the wait once your doctor submited the paper work?

I was submitted last Thurs and I called the ins company Monday to check status and got a verbal approval. I let my surgeons offc know and they called to verify..

I am from Houston and 3 weeks post op this week. Down 27lbs total. Go Texan!

Jhansan who did ur surgery? I only had to wait one week for insurance approval

JaniRN...Dr Scarborough from TLC Surgery in Houston. He was AWESOME!!!!

JaniRN...Great! He's not a man of many words, but if you have questions, he will stay and answer them all. His staff is not great at follow up, but they are all very nice. You just have to stay on top of them to follow up for insurance, short term disability forms, etc. He visited every day in the hospital and I had mine surgery at Victory Hospital. He is affiliated with a lot of them which is always a good sign of a well respected Dr. Victory is a small boutique hospital in the medical center. Since I did not have a special request, they chose for me. I loooooved this hospital. People were awesome, care excellent and parking so easy.