Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Texas Gastric Sleeve Buddies?

Im in Texarkana - I was sleeved in Dec of 2010...I have lost 28 lbs, I dont know what Im doing wrong - It seems I only eat or drink protein...I am looking for anything that can get me started, I havent even gotten under 200lbs and I am frustrated

I'm just east of Dallas in the Rockwall area.

From very small town TX (not even on most maps) about an hour NW of Ft Worth near the Oklahoma border. Surgery scheduled for Monday, August 1 with Dr. Kim in Dallas!!!

Howdy, all! I'm in North Dallas. Having surgery on Sept. 20 with Dr. James Davidson at Forest Park Medical Center. Time is moving slowly. Ready to get it on!!! Anyone have any experiences with Dr. Davidson?

Would love to buddy with you and others during this life changing experience. I am in north Dallas and am scheduled for surgery July 6th with Dr wade barker.

Good to see you in this group! Love to be your buddy. Can't wait to hear how the cruise went.

Just an FYI- to be aware of this facility. I had my surgery there at the end of June. I had VERY poor care by the nurses post-op. I would push the button for pain medicine, they would send an LPN to my room to ask me what was wrong- I would tell them I was in pain and needed meds and I wouldn't see anyone for an hour. I asked for one of those trapeze things for above my bed because I was having trouble getting in/ out due to the abdominal pain and the nurse says to me, "just reach up at the top of the bed arms and pull yourself up". I'm like WTF??? Then, very few of them wear gloves when they draw blood which is an OSHA violation. When I said something to my Dr., he acted like it was no big deal. I just shook my head.

Oh, and then get this. The in-house Dr. that comes to check on you? They don't bother to read your chart before they walk into your room. They just assume the kind of surgery you had based on the Dr. you have. Some docs are notorious for DS, others the Sleeve, etc. This in-house Dr. walks into my room and starts talking to me like I had the DS and how she was going to discharge me that day. And, I was like I don't think so. I didn't say this to her face, but wanted to. If she couldn't take 30 seconds to read my chart before walking into my room, she has NO BUSINESS discharging me. I complained to the charge nurse later and all she could say was, "well, she is very busy". I'm like I don't care if she is busy or not. It is HER JOB to at least read a patient's chart before she walks in the room.

It is a new facility, but honestly it looks more like a glammed up car dealership to me.I will say this, I was visited by a patient advocate before and after surgery and I did mention some of my concerns to her and she was awesome- but to be honest their nursing care post-op is RIDICULOUS!

Howdy, all! I'm in North Dallas. Having surgery on Sept. 20 with Dr. James Davidson at Forest Park Medical Center. Time is moving slowly. Ready to get it on!!! Anyone have any experiences with Dr. Davidson?

Oh, goodness! Thanks so much for the info. This is the first negative I've heard. Who was your doctor?

I am in the Ft Worth area as well. Have you had your surgery? I used Dr David Kim and had my sleeve on Jaan 17th although I am having problems I have not lost any weight and becoming very frustrated.

Mu surgery is 8/22 with Dr Kim. What issues did you have? Why are you frustrated?

Wonder why you haven't lost any weight? Have you gone back to Dr. Kim for follow-up? I am having mine in Sept. Using Dr. Davidson.

A Fort Worth post op sleeve patient here. Was sleeved on Aug 29 by Dr. David Kim and had a great experience with his staff and out at at Baylor Trophy Club where I had my sleeve. I found Baylor Trophy Club to be a very nice place, almost like a little boutique hospital. Staff there could not have been nicer or more caring.

My wife Robin had the same great experience when sleeved there, also by Dr. Kim, on July 18. No post op issues at all for here and she has lost 41 lbs so far, after starting at 348, during the two week preop liquid protien diet and after the surgery,.

I did great on the 3.5 week pre op liquid protien diet, loosing about 38 lbs, after starting the diet at 409. Have lost another 5 since the surgery two weeks ago. No significant issues other than a lot of fatigue. As I got on the full set of Vitamins after surgery, the fatigue seems to be slowly improving.

I'm three weeks post op tomorrow and looking for someone in the San Antonio area.

Im in the San Antonio area too and I was sleeved August 8th with Dr. Duperier.

Hi lbourgeoisjr - I'm live near the Willowbrook area (249/Cypresswood)...glad to see another Houstonian here. I also started at a higher weight of 394. I'm currently 10 weeks out and have lost 43 lbs since surgery (+ 21 lbs on pre-op diet = 64 lbs total). Great job on your weightloss!!! Any tips?

cindy

I am from Katy Texas, 9 months post op.

Hi Cindy,

Who did your surgery? I am in Klein Tx and going through the hoops to try to get approved with my insurance. I have my nutritionist appointment next week and then paper work goes off to insurance. Do you have any advice you can share. Congrats on your weight lose.

I am glad to see there are others in the Houston area also. I was sleeved on Sept. 13, in Houston, TX and I am so happy I found this site, and look forward to becoming a buddy.