Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Texas Gastric Sleeve Buddies?

Fort Hood, TX here. I am on the waiting list and havent got my date yet:)

I live in Burleson, TX and sleeved this past July by Dr. Kim at Forest Park Medical Center. Had a complication after surgery which resulted in an additional hospital stay. My nurses were great and were very attentive to my needs. I must say that I have been disappointed with Dr. Kim. I saw him for about 10-15 minutes at my consult and about 30 seconds before my surgery and that has been the extent of my interactions with Dr. Kim. He never checked in on me after surgery, even though I had complications and when I went in for my post-op checkup the PA wasn't even aware that I had experienced problems. Because of this I could not recommend him to my two sisters that had the sleeve 2 weeks ago. In the end, I am 4 1/2 months post op and have lost 48 lbs. and feel great! I would like to have a workout buddy close to my area. If interested, email me at sportsmomx1@yahoo.com .

I understand how you feel. I had Dr. Stewart and also had surgery at Forest Park. His staff say how interested he is in his patients and that he cares about them but it is ALL lip service. He could care LESS!!! He routinely overbooks his office appointments and so there is little time to talk to him. I FORCED him to answer all of my questions on my office visit prior to surgery which I could tell annoyed him some. Then I was supposed to go back to his office a few days after being discharged from surgery before I came home to Kansas City and when I got there they told me I would just be seeing the PA. I threw a bit of a fit and did end up getting to see Dr. Stewart but I could tell he wasn't happy about it. I also did not have a very good experience at Forest Park, their nurses were not horrible, but not great either. I would never be able to recommend someone having their sugery there personally. I asked one nurse on day2 if I could have one of those trapeze things so I could get out of bed because I was having a lot of abdominal pain. She says to me, "well, just use your arms to pull yourself up out of bed". I'm like wtf, do you not understand when you have abdominal pain that is not really possible??? Finally I got one after enough complaining. They wouldn't use gloves to pull blood which is an OSHA violation. When I told Dr. Stewart about this, he acted like it wasn't any big deal. I had to call Dr. Stewart's office on day 2 from the hospital when he hadn't come back to check on me and his staff said, "well, he is very busy and may not be able to". Talk about SLEEVE AND LEAVEM....

Oh, and when you call their office, 80% of the time you got their answering machine. They wouldn't return phone messages and acted like it was a temporary glitch they were working out because of some turnover issues with their staff. I am betting his staff gets sick of the way that practice is run and then leave. His OR nurse is very knowledgeable, but he has her so overloaded she doesn't have time to spend more than a few minutes with you. They couldn't understand why when I told them I would NOT be coming back for any follow up appointments. I see my PCP locally. I would be willing to come back to Dallas for follow ups if I felt like he cared at all about his patients, but all he cares about is how many patients he can push through the pipeline.

I did not have any complications from surgery and think everything went really well, so from a surgical point I would say he was fine. But, call me silly, I expect a surgeon to show at least some interest in their patients after the procedure. Why would I want to drive 8 hours, take time off from work just to be shuffled through their pipeline to be seen by a PA for 5 minutes, then drive back home.... Don't think so.

I live in Burleson, TX and sleeved this past July by Dr. Kim at Forest Park Medical Center. Had a complication after surgery which resulted in an additional hospital stay. My nurses were great and were very attentive to my needs. I must say that I have been disappointed with Dr. Kim. I saw him for about 10-15 minutes at my consult and about 30 seconds before my surgery and that has been the extent of my interactions with Dr. Kim. He never checked in on me after surgery, even though I had complications and when I went in for my post-op checkup the PA wasn't even aware that I had experienced problems. Because of this I could not recommend him to my two sisters that had the sleeve 2 weeks ago. In the end, I am 4 1/2 months post op and have lost 48 lbs. and feel great! I would like to have a workout buddy close to my area. If interested, email me at sportsmomx1@yahoo.com .

Hello all, I live in Lewisville and considered both Dr. Kim and Dr. Stewart, many of my co-workers used them and stated that they were excellent surgeons but lacked bedside manner. I choose my surgery date on 12-2-11 and my surgeon is Dr. Nick Nicholson.

San Antonio here! Going through Texas Center for weight loss with Dr. Gonzales. Can't wait to get sleeved :-)

Houston here...will be "sleeved" in June 2012

The great city of San Antonio here ;) Sleeved 11/23/11 with Dr Tyner at BAMC,down 40 lbs in less than 2 months and counting!!

I live in Arlington, TX and was sleeved by Dr. Wade Barker. I guess it is the same with him as it is with Dr. Kim and Dr. Stewart. I did not see him for my consultation, there was another Dr. there instead. The only two times I've interracted with him was a minute before surgery and then a 2 week follow up for like 10 minutes. He acted like he had met me before when he hadn't. LOL! He has such a big staff since he operates two offices, one in Forst Park Medical Pavillion and one in Amarillo. I would have liked to talk with him more but his staff makes up for it. They are really informative and are sweet people.

From Killeen, TX and my sleeve date is only several weeks aWAY! 2/3/2012. So excited and scared!

Houston (Spring/The Woodlands) here! My sleeve date is set for 2/22/12 with Dr. Ramos Kelly in TJ, Mexico!

Never in all my 38 years have I ever wanted to be a loser as bad as I do NOW!! :)