Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

My advice to you is do not stock up on any Protein Shakes because after surgery your taste buds may change. That happen to a lot of people. Including me. I threw out so many shakes mixes because I couldn't drink them. I'm 2 weeks post op and I can drink GNC and weight watches high Protein I still struggle but I make my self drink them.

costco makes a great Protein Shake called Premier Protein! It's fabulous! You may want to try it. It has 30 g of protein in each serving. They come pre-packaged and all you have to do is refrigerate them.

I'm at a stall right now I'm so upset

It will pass. I was stalled for awhile but I think it had something to do with not having my period for 4 months after surgery. Once I had my period I began to lose again.

Do you have to do the pre-op? I was unable to do so. Had a lot of personal issues going on in my life right now, and my surgery is in two days

costco makes a great Protein Shake called Premier Protein! It's fabulous! You may want to try it. It has 30 g of Protein in each serving. They come pre-packaged and all you have to do is refrigerate them.

I tried those too and could not drink them. So I just found some recipes so I am going to try a few today.

I made it to the losers bench. Sleeved last Friday Aug. 2nd. I am hoping to be sent home from the hospital on tomorrow. Remember to sip walk pee and cough.

Hey

I just realized I haven't seen any posts from you. How are you doing since getting sleeved?

Do you have to do the pre-op? I was unable to do so. Had a lot of personal issues going on in my life right now' date=' and my surgery is in two days[/quote']

For the next 48 hours you should be doing Clear Liquids. The purpose for the pre-op diet is to get your liver to shrink. You don't want to risk having your surgery cancel or reschedule.

It will pass. I was stalled for awhile but I think it had something to do with not having my period for 4 months after surgery. Once I had my period I began to lose again.

it's very hard I thought I'd lose so much my first month

it's very hard I thought I'd lose so much my first month

We all know they happen but a hard to go thru. I've lost 51 pounds in 3 months and I've been stalled two weeks. I've only lost 2 ounces. Guess the body is playing catch up, but it sucks. I'm 9 pounds from my personal goal.

We all know they happen but a hard to go thru. I've lost 51 pounds in 3 months and I've been stalled two weeks. I've only lost 2 ounces. Guess the body is playing catch up, but it sucks. I'm 9 pounds from my personal goal.

I'm hoping it speeds up I'm trying my best I want to start exercise but its too early

We all know they happen but a hard to go thru. I've lost 51 pounds in 3 months and I've been stalled two weeks. I've only lost 2 ounces. Guess the body is playing catch up' date=' but it sucks. I'm 9 pounds from my personal goal.[/quote']

Oh wow! 51Lbs in 3mths. I wish i cld do that. I will be 4wks out this tuesday and i have only lost 18lbs. And 16 of that was my 1st week. I was proud to say i lost 20lbs but i weighed myself today and it said i gained 2lbs of that back. What are you eating? What exercises are you doing?

I am having the sleeve surgery Aug 21. Very nervous. How long will it take me to heal and return back to work, and what's the best protien shake to buy and where?

Wishing you lots of luck and a speedy recovery as your day is soon. I did a 2 week all liquid pre-op. Lost 11 pounds and got into the habit of what was coming after surgery. First two days thought I would die-lol. I am a Nurse but I have a desk job. I took off two weeks. That was fine for me and it gave me time to develop a drinking routine to be sure I stayed hydrated. the first few days I was a bit tired and missed my mid day naps but nothing unbearable other wise. I drank before and after surgery the vanilla Premier Protein premade shakes. Soem times I put a bit of skim milk in them or even coffee. Suagr free popsicles, Jello and starined Soups were my friend too. I'm now 3 months out on Tuesday so we will have the same surgiversary day of the 21st. Hang in there it really is all worth if for a better healthier version of you. And girl the clothes shopping is a bunch of fun too! LOL

Hi all I'm going to get very personal with this question. I'm almost 3 weeks post-op. I may urinate three times a day and my first one of the day is dark yellow and when I have a bowel movement its like a small child use the bathroom. My question to everyone is in the beginning were you like this and should I be concern?

Hi guys,

Please sure some ideas that will help me very back on track, thanks