Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Hi Cynthia!!!!!

I am so glad you posted....I have been wondering and wondering about you, but didn't want to call and wake you if you were resting (enjoying the narcotics:biggrin1: ). I am SOOOOOO glad you are banded.....so when you say he took out the VG, did he say what happened to it at all? Had it slipped or come unsnapped in some way? I'm nosy...and enquiring minds want to know :wacko: . So does that mean you now have the smaller band that holds 4 cc of Fluid like Angela has?

Love ya girl, and wishing you a very speedy recovery, lots of restriction, and sending lots of love and well wishes your way! Rest up:girl_hug: and talk to you soon!

So Cynthia what ended up being wrong with the original band, did he say?

Robyn - I didn't. To be honest I COMPLETELY forgot about it.

Hi guys I'm feeling more human today so I thought I post again. Dr H called me this afternoon to see how I was doing. He said my VG band

ok the computer dumped me so I'm starting again. When Dr H called me this afternoon he said my band had slipped and tilted up on my esphogus. He couldn't get it torque back so he took it and gave me a smaller 10cc band. I thought the VG was but he said it is like cc. He said my fat pad had gotten so much smaller that I needed a smaller band. He said it was the most difficult case he had done. He did KUB and scopes during the procedure to make sure all was well. He said it took a little over 1/2 hours. I stayed at hssh Wed night and came home yesterday. I walked on my treamill for about 15 minutes last night and again today too. I'm sore and tired but I'm not taking any pain meds it doesn't hurt that much. They made me take it in the hospital though. I am so excited to get going again. I won't get a fill for weeks though.

Cate I hope things are getting better for you..

Thanks again to all of you. You guys are great.

Cynthia I am soooooo excited for you! I know you have had a difficult case, but now that you have your tool, you are going to kickass and take names! If you lost 60 lbs. without a band, just imagine what you will be able to do now!!!!

4-6 weeks first fill, sounds about right. I had mine right at 4 weeks, which was right about when I started to get hungry. And starting exercise right away does soooooooo much for healing and for just starting good habits.

In sum: You go girl!

Cynthia-

That was nice of him to call and check on you and explain to you the problem when you were more alert/awake. So your official diagnosis is a slipped band then? But technically, you had none of the symptoms associated with a slipped band, other than of course the lack of restriction....interesting:cry

BTW Cynthia....we started another thread under the Kansas link where we are all posting what we are eating every day. Feel free to join in on that, even though it will be liquids/mushies for a while if you want. I am so happy you are still banded! I just can't say that enough, we were all so worried about you.

Hi guys it's me again. I just got done with 40minutes on the treadmill I've been dojng about 15 minutes twice a day for the last couple of days. I plan to do another 30 tonight. I forgot what that initial not hungry feeling was like when I first got my band. I have to make myself eat because I'm not hungry. Wes is watching me and making sure I do what I am suppose to. He helped me clean the house bathe the dog and get groceries yesterday. He takes on a lot of responsibility for an 11yr old. I am lucky to have him. I go back to work tomorrow and I think I'm ready I haven't taken any pain meds since I left the hospital on Thursday. I don't think I'm as sore as last time I think the incision from the port must have been the most uncomfortable. And my port was fine so I feel great. Well it's 12:40 and I'll I have had is Water today so I'm going to drink and Protein Drink and probably then go check in on my Dad. He got his ICD on Thursday. That's an internal difibrillator. I"ll check back later. I love you guys.

Cynthia - I am so HAPPY for you!!!:dance:

Good job getting back on the treadmill so soon. Just don't push your self too hard while you are on the mend. :crutch:

I second the motion that now you are back among the banded you are just going to burn through those pounds! :flame:

I hit the 270s yesterday. On Atkins I never got out of the 290s. So the last time I saw the 270s was on my way up & past them, about 7 years ago... :faint:

I hit the 270s yesterday. On Atkins I never got out of the 290s. So the last time I saw the 270s was on my way up & past them, about 7 years ago... :faint:

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

:wow2: :wow2::wow2::wow2::wow2::wow2::wow2::wow2:

:cheer2: :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Angela way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet you feel great.

I had my first day back at work today and I feel good. I am so happy I am part of the gang again. I found out I do have the smaller band that only holds the 4cc.

Cynthia - So glad you are back to work and doing well. I'm looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the gang at the next meeting.