Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to check on Doctors in Mexico?

His surgical skills are excellent and he is/has been doing all of my follow ups since I live just across the border in San Diego. I have lost 95# and have had absolutely no problems with him. When I hit a reeeeeeaaaaalllllyyy long plateau, we talked about it and he got me losing again. If I need a fill or have a question I just call or email and his staff responds right away. I'm working on my last 80# and I KNOW I will make it thanks to Dr. Huacuz!

Arealsweety

Dr. Huacuz

Tijuana, Mexico

11-03-05

Down 95#

i spoke with dr huacuz and was really impressed. i would also appreciate any info on him. he quoted me price quite lower than i've been seeing. also hadd any one seen the cnn story on surgery in mexico. i heard that they specifically stated a dr in tijauna and i was wondering if anyone knew the name.

thanks

hi can you give me the doctors information i am thinking of going to mexico to have lapband.:)

Hi! Koala DH is right dont trust anyone just bacuse they say so.

i know a doctor in Reynosa Mexico.

He will send you his copy of the diploma of American Society for Baratric if you want to.

i was one of his patient just like pink panther and he is great, if you dont believe, just ask me his pnoe number and i will give it to you.

he pays for your air ticket,for the hotel, for the hospital

the only thing you have to worry about is yourself

im telling you his is a fine doctor. he did a lap band on me and i lost like 38 pounds in two months.

i am planning to see dr huacuz in april and was scared by the nono not huacuz. but he quoted me a great price and i was impressed talking to him on the phone. has anyone had a bas surgical experience with him?

I am assuming you meant "bad" instead of "bas". No matter what doctor you chose you will get someone who has had a bad experience with him/her. No one is perfect.

There is a lot to research about prior to deciding on a Dr. Whether that Dr. be in the USA or elsewhere. You not only need to find a Dr. with proper training, and credentials, find out how many bands he has placed, etc. You also need to find out WHERE he operates. Research the facility! Many are operating in clinics. Not hospitals. Find out what arrangements are if you have a complication. This is surgery!!! Wherever you have it, life threatening things can happen--find out if the facility your Dr. will be using has the means available to save your life!

When I was banded, and it was in Mexico, we were walking the halls (which I did a lot) when all sorts of commotion took place. It ended up that there had been an assassination attempt on the vice president of commerce or some such office (April 25, 2006 Mexicali MX). They had brought the shot men in to operate on them. There were Policia all over the place! They treated us with utmost respect. I felt like, if they brought them there to save them, then I was not far off in my research of the facility! And they both lived, we were told!

Take ALL aspects of your surgery into account. If someone is picking you up at the airport to drive you over---find out their qualifications---some of those drivers are scary as hell!!! And remember you will be riding back to the airport following surgery---keep in mind you will have sore incisions---ask about the comfort of the pick up!

This is an easy surgery in my opinion and experience, but it is surgery all the same and should never be taken lightly. Some Dr.s put people on here to do nothing more than lure customers. We all deserve better than that!

Do your homework. I realize price is a major consideration, was for me too----but it was qualifications, experience, staff, location for surgery, hospital staff (language for instance), transportation, willingness to help me plan and locate closer aftercare---that made my decision an easy one in the end.

Kat

I went to Dr. Gonzales de Cassis I LOVE him...My husband was really against going to MExico to have surgery, but after meeting Dr. Gonzales -My HUSBAND was like--ok how soon can she get in... I think he is the best! I would do it all over again with Dr. Gonzales!!

I have posted several times in the past about Dr. Huacuz. I believe he is a wonderful person and a caring doctor. I also believe he tries very hard to please his patients and the families that come to mexico for the surgery. I have been to see him several times. He always goes out of his way to spend time answering all my questions and listening to me. He really cares about each and every patient. He is so nice and so sincere. He has a great personality and sense of humor. I had an emergency once, i could not get any liquid down, i called him early in the am on his emergency line and he was great. he told me to come right away and he would meet me at costco. i drove straight from arizona, across the border and he met me at costco. it was my first time driving there and i was afraid to get lost.He showed up and was so kind. He did a small unfill and then took me to my hotel. after he called and checked on me. the next morning he came to the hotel and drove all the way to the border with me following in my car, so that i would not get lost. I could go on and on about all the things i have seen him and his staff do for people. The Huacuz surgical team is the "dream team" ., ive never had such good care. I hope you will call and speak with him personally. He wants people to feel comfortable about calling him. He is very talented. I work in the medical field. I know his surgical center is a clean and state of the art. I have also had him do unrelated surgery on me. He is my primary Physician . I call and talk to him about any condition i have. He is a gift in my opinion. good luck with your surgery and i hope you are as pleased as i am. i have lost 100lbs and look and feel fabulous. it was the BEST decision ive ever made for my health.

He is my primary Physician . I call and talk to him about any condition i have. He is a gift in my opinion. good luck with your surgery and i hope you are as pleased as i am. it was the BEST decision ive ever made for my health.

He is also my primary Physician. And I have the added extra bonus of living just across the border in San Diego. Not only am I VERY pleased with my weight loss progress, it was the best decision I have ever made for my health also. I'm not quite at 100# yet, but will be there by the end of this month. Then I will just have another 60# to go. Would I do it all over again? HECK YES!

I had my surgery with Dr. Kuri and I also recommend him very much, he also answeres his phone call right away and is available for you when ever you need him. My surgery was in 01/07/05 and I am down about 65 pounds and I have had a pregnancy in between my weight loss.

I was banded by Dr.Rumbaut on March 1. He did a great job. I have lost 21lbs and feel great. My experience was positive from beginning to end. If you have any specific questions I will answer them.