Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to check on Doctors in Mexico?

Hi andreerichards1, one of the few reasons why the lap band surgery cost more in Canada and the USA than Mexico, is beacuse of the cost of the hospitals over here the most you will pay for a room is like 160 dollars per hour, and for the cost of the gastric band itself, is the same quality and the same service, but it depends on the economy of the state for the price.

The doctor who did the surgery on me was very sweet and serving, and it cost me like 8,300 dlls, and i feel great

Do a search on Huacuz using the search bar at the top. You should find some info. I personally used Dr. Ortiz in TJ. I researched a TON. I wanted the best surgeon I could get for the best price. He was definitely in the top of all the Mexcian surgeons I researched. Great feedback, great price, great reputation. Definitely look into the Mexican Bandsters group in Yahoo Groups. You can search the archives and find things several years old...things some docs might hope you DON'T find!

The internet is a great tool. Gather as much info and you can. And don't be afraid to ask for patient referrals from the office. They shoudl be ahppy to provide with you names and contact info.

Good luck!

where did you go???? so far im looking into this doctor do you know anything about him?

http://www.huacuz.com/index.html

I have first hand knowledge of him. Dr. Huacuz was my surgeon and I have been VERY pleased with his service!! I was banded on 11/3/05 by Dr. Huacuz. He and Dr. Romero have been doing my follow ups. That is because I live in San Diego and can drive to Tijuana for any appointments and for fills. His bedside manner is great, he explains everything and if you have ANY questions he answers them for you. I have been so happy with him that I have referred several friends. Would I use him again??? YES!!!! In fact when I finish losing the rest of this weight, I will be going back to him for my reconstructive surgery.

Arealsweety

HI if anyone is interested i had my surgery in Mexico and i feel great i will recomend my doctor. His name is Felipe Cantu and he live in Tamaulipas, MExico if anyone comes to this part of Mexico his website is www.tusdoctores.com and it called Advanced Medicine Institute

Hello Forum

Alter searching a lot of surgery centers and at the end

I decided with Dr Huacuz because not only he was inamed aprovedd

But also he had more alternatives for me and that give confort to know brecause the other doctor only hade lap band of brands of names that I don’t recalled, but with him, he only only uses Inamed brand and also he is one of the few surgeons that does also the gastroplasty and duodenal switch by laparoscopy. so at the end I decided to do a gastrectomy on August 2006 and not only I was treated professionally but like family, my experience was wonderful, the facility was excellent,Dr Huacuz visit me also at the hotel daily and Dr Romero help me with all the questions that I had. I really recommend Dr Huacuz and his staff.

www.Huacuz.com

$6500 for my doctor, having surgery on march 15th. Will write afterwards all the details of my experience if I make it back across the border alive and well!! :)

does anyone have anything to say about this doctor?

http://www.gastricband.com

and this one?

http://www.huacuz.com/index.html

i really cant believe the price difference from Canada witch is $15000 and Mexico $7000 to $10600. why is that?

andree

:) I'm going to Dr Huacuz on :clap2: March 20th, which I have spoken to several times , he called me himself after my first email. His assistant Norma is wonderful to speak with also. They sent me a picture of my pick up driver (Victor)so I would have no problem knowing who he Is. I feel totally at ease.

I guess my biggest problem with him is that I am considering having my band removed. He quoted me one price. When I told him my hubby is a psychiatrist and I am a nurse the price went up by $1500. When I reminded him of the original quote just 5 minutes earlier he laughed and said okay.

I don't like the business practices. However, that might work in your favor too. Tell him you don't have enough money for two procedures and he might give you a deal ... two 'fer one or something. ;o)

I don't know about his surgical skills.