Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to check on Doctors in Mexico?

Is there a site to go on to check the references, complaints, problems,etc of doctors and hospitals in Mexico. I've heard of them in the US but not Mexico. I'd love to know how each of them stand professionally.

Hi meow I see you are in Vegas there are a few of us in town who went to Dr Joya in Puerto Vallarta MX ........we all had great experiences

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/MexicanBandsters/

Join ... directly or by sending a blank email to MexicanBandsters-subscribe@YahooGroups.com -- then follow the directions in the email that will soon be sent to you. This is to confirm your intent to join the group...

after that you can post your questions directly at the website or mail them in by sending an email to MexicanBandsters@YahooGroups.com from the same email address that you signed up with.

Do not be upset when your post doesn't show up right away. Sometimes it can take a day or two before the moderators have a chance to approve it.

Another great group is http://www.YahooGroups.com/SmartBandsters/ which is run by an RN (Seattle Bariatric Practice) who was banded in Mexico years ago. It is one of the LARGEST groups available for prospective and newbie bandsters.

Now, to read what those doctors who pay for listings have to say about their practices and to read the feedback their patients have submitted to day, go here ---

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/professionals/showdocs-international-all.php

-- Be aware about this fact --- the doctors at the top with flashing stars and plain stars -- that only means they pay ObesityHelp.com money to promote their practices by listing them at the top & drawing attention to their names. The countries are all mixed together, so you will have to search the list for the cities closest to you. They have links to more info and websites .. and to patient testimonials.

ObesityHelp.com is mostly used by patients with traditional bypass surgeries... Plus they make it VERY difficult to find the section for Mexican physicians...

BUT they do have an active support forum for Mexican Physicians here - http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/south-of-the-border/posts.html I post the link here for after their website changes, it became nearly impossible to locate.

Good Luck ..

I'm having my surgery Texas but just by reading all the posts you can kind of get an idea of doctors in mexico that are really popular. Alot of people have only had good things to say about the doctors in mexico.

If you just ask someone that you see that has had thier surgery in mexico they will give you the doctors website address. I've seen a few people post those.

Is there a site to go on to check the references, complaints, problems,etc of doctors and hospitals in Mexico. I've heard of them in the US but not Mexico. I'd love to know how each of them stand professionally.

IVE BEEN SURFING THE WEB AND THE ONE I LIKED AND FELT MORE COMFORTABLE WITH IS DR. GUILLERMO Alvarez IF YOU WANT I CAN GIVE YOU THE PHONE # OF HIS PATIENT COORDINATOR SO SEH COULD GIVE YOU ALL THE INFO YOU NEED OR CHECK OUT LAPAROSCOPY.COM

I called him and he personally answered but the conection was so bad I couldn't hear so I hung up. Well, the phone rings and it is him which I thought was nice. He seemed really nice but I didn't research him much but I have found out that Dr. Kurl is one of the busiest and very reputable in Mexico and so is Dr. Ortez, who is who I'm going to go to.

stylin

don't know all the drs. in mexico but go to website litenfree.com. I used DR. DEL La Garza. He and his staff were wonderful. Joyce from Georgia or my website name is Hot Nana.

Hi! i had a mini gastric bypass surgery, and i feel great. i recommend this doctor from Reynosa Tamaulipas Mexico, Doc. Felipe Cantu, they look after you even after the surgery. they call you to see how you are doing. no pain, and ive lost 40 pounds in two months, he has all the facilities to make you feel good. if you all want i can give you his phone number.....

I don't know of a single clearinghouse for information about any doctor, let alone foreign ones.

The absolute best thing you can do to check any references they claim is to work backwards. Contact the source and check their credentials. Don't believe anything just because you saw it on a website, especially their website. Any certificate can be faked.

However, you can (and should) contact the the American College of Surgeons (for anyone claiming to be a Fellow by having the initials FACS after their name), the American Society for Baratric Surgeons, or any other organization to verify their membership. Most of them should have searchable websites, too. If not, call them.

Beware of any "excuse" stories by a physician for why they wouldn't be listed.

Also, view forum messages for what they are: messages that are easily entered by anyone with a computer. That person could be a shill for any doctor, good or bad, or someone with a vendetta against a certain doctor. Be sure to consider the background and reputation of the poster.

We heard a story this week about someone who had a meal the day of his scheduled surgery and did not stop smoking two weeks prior. He was denied surgery (as he should have been). I'm sure that person would have a less than favorable opinion of the doctor.

Hi! Koala DH is right dont trust anyone just bacuse they say so.

i know a doctor in Reynosa Mexico.

He will send you his copy of the diploma of American Society for Baratric if you want to.

i was one of his patient just like pink panther and he is great, if you dont believe, just ask me his pnoe number and i will give it to you.

he pays for your air ticket,for the hotel, for the hospital

the only thing you have to worry about is yourself

im telling you his is a fine doctor. he did a lap band on me and i lost like 38 pounds in two months.

I called Don Mills at Inamed/Allergen (if you search his name his number is listed in previous posts). He has first hand knowledge of any complaints or complications, plus he can tell you which Drs Inamed uses to procter other physicians. He gave me a list of names including Ortiz, Kuri, Sanchez, Rumbault, and a few more which I don't recall now but there was a total of about 8. I was considering another Dr but after talking to him I quickly changed my mind.

Have you already find a doc. in Mexico? i can give you info on my doc who did a surgery on me, if you want