Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved two days ago!

LESLIEH

i have not been sleeved yet actually i don't know if i ever will be due to financailly issue but that's another story. i believe you will get better. i can't say i know how you feel again i am not sleeved but from reading the many postings from this site there are people who felt like you and after a week or so they felt much better. it's only been a few days for you so you are bound to feel a littel out of sort but look at the long run you made the right decision i wish i could be in your place becasue i would take all that you are feeling right now in a heart beat just knowing that in few short weeks not only will i feel better but i would be losing weight as well. you will be fine don't push yourself too much and if you want to rest then rest. you will feel better in no time.

thickinphilly

Thx and ya Im starting to feel a lil better just the sleeping aspect is weird but I go in for my one week check up tomorrow and we'll see what the doc has to say. I really wish I would of found this site before my surgery though, theres alot of insight, thx

I would bet that about 99% of the folks on this site that have had the surgery would "do it again in a heartbeat". Im sure you will be saying the same thing soon too.

Count me in! I also had issues post op too. I felt miserable, nauseous, vomitting, severe fatigue... all that!

Here I am two months post now though, and I couldn't be happier. I'm down nearly 30 Lbs since surgery and 40 since my Pre-Op diet. I'm also a revision from the Lap Band... so... for ME, this was clearly the better choice.

The trade offs of the first few weeks post op to today? WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!

Count me in with the rest of them -- I'm almost 10 weeks out -- lost almost 57 pounds (as of last week) and I was MISERABLE for 2 weeks, maybe 3. But now, I'm active, walking 4-5 miles a day, I still only eat like 1/2 cup of food at a time, but I'm not really that hungry. Anyhoo -- remember, you just had major surgery, IT GETS BETTER!! I had to trust what people said on this board -- and I did and this board was a life saver. Feel better soon! :)

Welcome to the forum! Yes, we all have a choice! I'm only 3 weeks post-op but I would definitely do this all again in a heartbeat, best thing I've ever done for myself!

Hello everyone! I have been lurking on on this forum for about a year or so, and it's been invaluable for learning about the procedure so thanks to all you that have been contributing your experiences and ideas.

I was sleeved outpatient on Thursday and went back Friday for a quick check-up, and it seems my progress is so far so good. I'm excited to have my sleeve, but at the same I don't think I have fully processed it yet - it's not like getting a boob job or Lipo, you can't process it immediately but I'm sure when the lbs fall off I will "get it" :)

I was on clears Thursday, mainly ice chips on Thurs since even swallowing Water was very uncomfortable. Due to the anti-nausea patch I also had the world's driest mouth, it was disgusting! The hotel i stayed at overnight had a free continental Breakfast so I decided to have some heavily diluted apple cider, it was nice to have something that tasted nice after only tasting the disgusting liquid oxycodone the day before. I also grabbed a few skim milks, caffeine-free tea bags and light yogurts to bring home for the next week :P Today I just had my first Protein drink, a scoop of Optimum Nutrition Double Rich chocolate in 8 oz of skim milk, it's relatively tasty so I'm happy with it!

The worst part of my experience are kind of random: it took about four people to get an IV in me - I've known from having to do labs that I have the world's worst veins, but apparently securing a vein for IV is a lot more challenging. They brought in the anesthesiologist and fifth time was a charm, he managed to find a teeny tiny vein in my right wrist that worked for most of the time. I went back the next day to get more fluids and unfortunately the IV popped out a couple of times. The first time they put it back in but then when it started leaking again they spoke with the Dr, who said that I was healthy enough to just get my fluids the old-fashioned way (thank goodness, I hate being a pincushion).

Also, I have gotten a few bouts of hiccups, which are very aggravating and painful when they come right after surgery...the Dr I spoke with suggested that I take my valium and alternate between sipping hot and cold liquids. Don't really know the science behind it but I've been hiccup-free today so I'm happy.

So anyway, I'm very excited for the future! I had some second thoughts when I was thinking about the sleeve...food has been such an important part of my life (which goes for many others here I'm sure) so I went though almost a mourning period thinking about all the things I couldn't do, like each a McD's happy meal, Indian buffets or an entire Chipotle burrito. Then I guess it clicked with me that I did have a choice - I could eat all that stuff if I wanted to, the tradeoff would be that I would die early from health complications or maybe develop diabetes which would restrict what I could eat anyway. So why not get out ahead of all these things and take the initiative to lose the weight before life forces that upon me? I'll try to participate here more, there's so much insight about post-op care, sustaining weight loss and activity, can't wait to be a "loser" with the rest of you!

Outpatient? I thought hospital stays were about 2 days..

WOW you sound like you are doing great! Congrats!

I had an awful time for the first 13 days after the surgery - and I really mean AWFUL! But Day 14 I woke up and it was like a whole different world! My friend who had her surgery exactly a month before me (Sleeve4Me) kept saying that I would wake up on Day 14 and feel different and that is exactly what happened. I had turned the corner and am now SO happy that I had it done! Monday will be 8 weeks for me and I am down 42 lbs from my starting weight the first day of orientation for Options at Kaiser. I could have never done this on my own so quickly and also knowing that this time, I will not gain it back.

Eating does get easier and now I am trying new things to see what works for my body and what doesn't. It seems to be different for everyone. I still can only eat about 1/2 cup at a time, maybe a little more, but to get enough nutrition and calories in I eat what I can slowly and then wait an hour and finish the rest so that I can get maybe a cup full in. It does get better, I promise.

Congratulations on being on the path to a new life now! You won't be sorry!

Outpatient? I thought hospital stays were about 2 days..

I guess it depends on the dr, mine does it outpatient w/ a follow up the next morning.