Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's see Dr. Alberto Aceves-Mexicali?

I had my surgery with Dr A on 10/15! I couldn't be happier. I had a band, and am so glad to be rid of that thing.

On to my experience, From the moment Ernesto pick mom and me up from the airport, it was like heaven. My mom, was super impressed with Ernesto's weight loss! (he showed up pics as soon as we got in the van)

Once we got to the hospital, long drive but beautiful scenery. We were asked to pee in a cup, they drew some blood, and we got to chat with Dr A as a group. After we went back to the hospital. My mom could not stop raving about how wonderful Dr A was. Mind you, she was so scared to even accompany me to Mexico, let alone let me have surgery.

The hotel that we stayed in was the Crown Plaza Mexicali. totally awesome, beds were comfy, food was awesome, drinks were better than awesome (2 margaritas).

After surgery, Dr Campos and Dr A, as well as Yolanda and the entire staff, treated us like queens! the hospital was so clean. the only complaint my mom had was that they didn't have regular black tea, but she said the coffee was so good that it didn't bother her to drink that all day instead of her tea. Yes, the TV stations kind of sucked, but we were able to find some shows that we liked. and we both read our books!

so, from my perspective, DR A and his staff are 100%!! would totally go back and do it again!

HTH,

patti

I am scheduled January 5th, 2011 with him! :o)

Happy Holidays to everyone! Your contributions to this board are "priceless."

To 'My Journey Begins,'

I haven't been on this board in quite a while but noticed that your surgery with Dr Aceves is on Jan 5, 2011. I'm in the process now of trying to schedule mine for the 1st week in January too! I had an original date of Dec 8th but had to cancel at the last minute because I came down with a Staph infection on Dec 6th...already had my boarding passes and everything! Are you going alone? I am. In case you're on some of the other boards, I am pas03064 on Dr Aceves' yahoo board and ecf1947 on the Obesity Help forum. Would love to hear from you.

Priscilla

Happy Holidays to everyone! Your contributions to this board are "priceless."

To 'My Journey Begins,'

I haven't been on this board in quite a while but noticed that your surgery with Dr Aceves is on Jan 5, 2011. I'm in the process now of trying to schedule mine for the 1st week in January too! I had an original date of Dec 8th but had to cancel at the last minute because I came down with a Staph infection on Dec 6th...already had my boarding passes and everything! Are you going alone? I am. In case you're on some of the other boards, I am pas03064 on Dr Aceves' yahoo board and ecf1947 on the Obesity Help forum. Would love to hear from you.

Priscilla

Hi ladies,

I am just behind you ... my surgery is on January 7th with Dr. Aceves. What day are you leaving? Hopefully our paths will cross at the hospital!

Hi ladies,

I am just behind you ... my surgery is on January 7th with Dr. Aceves. What day are you leaving? Hopefully our paths will cross at the hospital!

Hi Kris,

That's great! Nina gave me the 6th & 8th and then 4 days the following week to choose from. Will let you know when I finalize my date. Are you going alone?

Priscilla

Hi Kris,

That's great! Nina gave me the 6th & 8th and then 4 days the following week to choose from. Will let you know when I finalize my date. Are you going alone?

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla,

My husband Greg is coming with me. Are you going alone?

Hi Priscilla,

Hey Guys,

I am leaving on the 2nd and spending a couple of days in San Diego. My sister Robin is coming with me. My husband is going to stay and take care of the kiddos. I am so excited to meet you all!!

Denise B. from Maryland

i just had my surgery with dr. Aceves last week 12/9 and everything you have read about him and his staff are true. No problems communicating with the nurses. dr. Campos is there at least 3 times throughout the day checking on you and you are treated like royalty. if anyone feels they are going "alone" dont feel that way. Once I got there I was meeting others in the hallway and we all encouraged each other to walk, walk, walk and had a nice time talking. My husband and I drove down from phx so he had a car and would take another sleever's sister out to eat sometimes so they weren't stuck at the hospital all the time. The only weird "complication" I had....... The night before surgery you are given an antibiotic and ativan to help you sleep. I took both and crawled into bed about 9:00 pm their time. About 15 minutes later I started coughing with a weird sensation in my throat. i went to the bathroom and turned on the light and my eyelids were swelling. Over the next 5 minutes my face turned beat red, my hands were red and burning and my earlobes were swollen. I woke my husband up (who had just fallen asleep exhausted from driving the whole way that day) and he took one look at me and jumped out of bed. he tried the number we had for Dr. Aceves but didnt' reach anyone so we jumped in the car and drove straight to the hospital. He dropped me off at the entrance and went to park the car. That probably took 3 min but by the time he came back in I was already in a room with an iv shot of epi to stop the allergic reaction. As they were taking me to the room I mentioned I am a pt of Dr. Aceves and they said he was in the hospital and they went to get him and he was in my room the next minute. Everyone was great. he asked if I wanted to spend the night in the hospital but I said I would rather stay at the hotel with my hubby (hmmmm Crown Plaza Hotel vs Hospital...such a decision heheh) for the next few days everytime he saw me he would ask if I would like a little more antibiotics. This was something that could have happened anywhere as I have never had that antibiotic before (ofloxacin) so it didn't scare me in the least. My husband was extremely impressed with everyone and we would highly recommend Dr. Aceves and his team and hospital to everyone.

mboski

Hi Priscilla,

Yes, Kris I'm going alone. Still working on getting my flights.

Yes, Kris I'm going alone. Still working on getting my flights.

I'm looking forward yo meeting you in person!

Kris

Dr. A is my personal Angel! I was sleeved in July this year, and can tell you that the ENTIRE expeirence, from pre-op to post-op was incredible. The staff were great, the hospital was ultra modern and clean. I had better care in Mexico than I have ever had here in Toronto. I do not hesitate in recommending Dr. A, his staff, the facility or the surgery!

You all will love Dr. Aceves. I am an RN and I am pretty picky about who I go to.

He's terrific and so is his staff.

I have nothing bad to say...my husband thought he was great, too!

g

When are you going? I am also booked Feb 2011 (Feb 3rd to be exact). I am traveling alone and would like to know if anyone is going during the same time frame...

I am booked with Dr. Aceves for Feb 2011. We will be sleeved around the same time. I can not wait.

Lily