Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 month anniversary and down 60 pounds

My surgery date was 05/14/2010 and on 10/14/2010 I stepped on the scale. WOW....171! Yeah! A total of 60 pounds gone! Since I have lost the weight I have been taken off my thyroid and cholesterol medicines. Have never felt better. I have so much more energy again. It's like a second chance at life! I can keep up with my husband and do the things we use to do...bike, hike, walk, play tennis, etc

One of the neatest things that have happened is I walked into a place where my daughter was waiting for me. She didn't even recognize me at first. She said she saw me walk in, but didn't realize it was me. I wasn't wearing baggy clothes and she said she thought I was just another person that came through the door.

While shopping, my husband even told me that if he didn't know it was me walking in front of him, he wouldn't have known it was me. He said that he can't believe the difference. Since the surgery I have dropped from size 20's to a 12-14. I am so happy we decided to do this. I can't believe how easy it has been. I still try to eat mostly healthy, but do eat the things I stopped or avoided because of the guilt. Now I know I can eat anything again....in moderation!

My husband calls me a cheap date. We can usually split a meal because I don't eat as much anymore. If we're on the road we can get a 10 piece nugget, fries and drink and I eat about 4 nuggets, a few fries and a few sips of the drink. He says our food bill has really gone down! LOL! We went out for steak one night and did a plate share. A meal that usually cost us over $40.00 now is only about $25.00 I order a cup of Soup and then he cuts me off a small piece of his steak.

I've been getting so many comments lately and it feels great. I told my friends about the surgery. I'm not ashamed of it. It has given my life back to me! The only thing that has changed is Biolife has deferred me for a year! I am actually lighter and healthier than I was before when I could donate, but now....they say since the sleeve is so new, I have to wait a year to donate again! Doesn't make sense to me.....I'm healthier now than when I was donating......still trying to figure that one out! LOL

A very inspiring story! I hope this is me sometime next summer. thanks!

Awesome! Congrats :)

That is wonderful and inspiring for us waiting for our surgery date to arrive! Thank you for the update.

I cannot wait to be sitting on the "loser" side with you. Keep up the good work!

Kim

Congratulations!! 60 pounds in 5 months is incredible -- and double congrats on your "new" life :D

Thanks to everyone else who congratulated me. Everyone of you will do the same. Don't get discouraged. There were a couple of times when I stayed the same weight for a week or so, but then I started losing again. I hope you all feel as good as I do! Keep me posted on your journeys! :D

that's absolutely fabulous!!!!!!!!!!! you're such an inspiration. i can just see myself getting out of the 20's and into the teens!!!!! i'm waiting for okay from insurance co. sigh. i hope you're super proud of yourself!!!!!

That is wonderful and inspiring for us waiting for our surgery date to arrive! Thank you for the update.

I cannot wait to be sitting on the "loser" side with you. Keep up the good work!

Kim

Thanks! You will do just as well!