Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1) I want to be around for a long time for my children and hubby

2)I want to outlive my parents, they would be devastated if I had a stroke or something that could by avoided by losing weight

2)I want my husband to "fancy" me again (I know/think? he loves me regardless)

3)I want to feel pretty again

4)I want to be able to shop for clothes that I actually like and not just buy whatever fits me and covers me up (I've already started doing this!)

5)I love being able to cross my legs again in a ladylike way

6)Very vain, i know, but I like people who haven't seen me in a while saying "Rose Marie you're looking really well!"

7)I want to, and already started having more energy and even enjoying exercise more now!

8)I can't wait to start buying sexy underwear again!

9) I want to look forward to having to dress up for going out instead of dreading it

10)I want to feel at peace with myself, and look on the outside like I feel on the inside. :P

These are my top 10 but most of them don't out "rank" each other, they are all pretty much my #1!!! LOL

1. To have a better chance at a Long, Healthly Life

2. To be In Love with MYSELF AGAIN!

3. To show my daughter how healthy a person should be instead of just telling her

4. To be able to walk up the flight of stairs without being winded

5. To enjoy my sex life again

6. To not have to take so many medications anymore

7. To not feel like I have to "hide" at my desk and get out and deal with people face to face more often

8. To be able to shop in ANY STORE not a plus size store or section

9. To prove to myself that I can do this, once and for all!

10. To only be dependant on food to continue living not to continue Feeling!

This is an awesome post, Great idea

1. Really tired of taking 12 different pills for, HBP,type II Diabetes, high cholesterol, and other "fat problems"

2. The floor!!! It will be wonderful to sit on the floor and get back up :o

3. I'm tired of running and hiding from every camera I see

4. Want to be able to shop in the department with the cute clothes, plus sizes have come a long way but I want normal LOL

5. I love my hubby, and he must love me, and all the extra pounds that have been added the past 23 years. I want to lose this weight for US, looking to find that GREAT sex again :P

6. My kids, I want them to be proud to walk the beach with me

7. I want to stop feeling embarrassed around my skinny sisters-in-laws, they are real bitches and my size really makes me feel sad.

I know that there are lots more reasons but listing these has felt great :)

A great answer - a good one to answer!

PRE-OP, my ten reason for having the operation are:

1.To get rid of my sleep apnea and somewhat high blood pressure,

2. Less snoring - will be able to sleep next to someone again

3. To live longer and perhaps become more fertile (36 - no children yet - but mayby in the future. I dont know if I want any)

4. To get some load off my stomach, so I would have less pain in my lower back

5. To be able to run for more than 30 seconds, without having joint pain.

6. DANCE freely- not feeling heavy and stange when I am moving my body

7., To be confident again, when I meet people from the old days - when I had a normal weight.

8. I am a stylist: To choose some of the clothes for my self, I use and write about for others.

9. To feel more attractive. To be the best woman, I can be.

10. to feel more the FREEDOM - my most important value in life. Freedom from the extra weight.

Will be back in a half year, and make a follow up on this!

My reasons for having the surgery include a 25-year history of weight-loss failure, losing some, gaining more, etc. Medical issues were starting to crop up (Acid Reflux which had been present for 20+ years, joint problems, mild sleep apnea, blood pressure creeping up), and family medical history staring me in the eye: Arthritis, HBP, cancer, and my brother had a heart attack right out of the blue in May of '09 at age FORTY. I was 44 when I had the surgery.

Anyway, here's my list of goals, copied and pasted from a similar thread I participated in about a month post-op. It's neat to see how many of these things I can check off now!

- To not feel like I have an inner tube around my neck and around the middle of me. CHECK!

- To be able to sit for more than 15 minutes without my tailbone hurting because of the weight on it. CHECK!

- To be able to breathe when I bend over to tie my shoes. CHECK!

- I want my feet not to hurt after working all day (in good supportive athletic shoes). CHECK!

- To be able to go up and down a flight of stairs without every step hurting my knees. CHECK!

- To not have to take Pepcid every night so I don't wake up choking on stomach acid. CHECK!

- To sleep through the night without waking five or more times either with acid, having to pee, or just being uncomfortable. CHECK!

- To not have to worry about developing high blood pressure or diabetes. CHECK!

- To not have to worry about my stomach or thighs getting in the way of things when I'm under the sheets with my hubby. CHECK!

- To move freely and unencumbered. CHECK!

- I want to run at least a 5k by this fall. CHECK...YAY!!

- To wear a nice pair of jeans and have people notice my butt--not because it's the size of a barn, but because it's peachy! CHECK!

- To have a bigger variety of shoes that don't cost a fortune to fit my current size 7 4Es. (They're wide, but now they're extra extra wide) CHECK!

- I want one pair of those shoes to be a really slutty-looking pair of heels, to be worn with the nice jeans. CHECK!

- To be able to get into my husband's pants... literally. CHECK!

- To be able to get into our backyard pool without watching out the windows for 5 minutes first to make sure none of the neighbors are outside or at their windows to see me. CHECK!

- I want to wear a cute bikini top with a pair of board shorts ('cause these thighs ain't ever gonna be pretty). kinda..short tankini top and board shorts, bikini top next summer!

- Mostly I just want to be free and comfortable with myself! CHECK!!

HOLY CRAP!! That really helps put things into perspective...I'm 14 lbs from my original goal (still want to go another 25-30) but still don't feel thin, and there are days when I still feel fat and gross. But dang....to some extent at least, I can cross off every single thing I listed there eight months ago. I'm kind of amazed by that! :D

Hi everyone

I could probably give at least 100 reasons, but here goes with the main ones.

1) To feel healthier, I have no co-morbidities but I just feel so tired all the time. I want to feel better both physically and mentally.

2) To not getting backache after walking around for more than a few minutes.

3) Hopefully reducing the crippling Migraines I have suffered from since I was about 16.

4) Not living in fear of seeing someone I haven’t seen for a while because they’ll see how much more weight I’ve put on.

5) Being able to walk into any shop and buy clothes because I like them and not just making do with whatever they have that fits me.

6) Being able to get more than a couple of items in the washing machine at a time.

7) Not standing for hours doing the ironing because everything is so big LOL !!

8) Going on holiday with a case that is not overweight due to the size of the clothes.

9) I’ve always wanted to learn to dance. I’m watching Strictly Come Dancing (Dancing with the Stars to my sleeve brothers and sisters in the US ) as I type this. This time next year folks LOL !!!!!

10) To round up I want to get my life back and to have a voice instead of keeping to the background so as not to draw attention to myself.

Phew, that’s better out than in LOL!!!!!!

Roll on Dec 7th, can’t wait !!!

Angela x ( UK member )

1) I want to live to see my three-year old son turn 18 at least. I know that if I don't do this, my chances of dying soon are very high.

2) To eliminate my sleep apnea.

3) To keep up with my son, who at three is very energetic. I have a secret fear of taking him out walking because I am afraid he will wriggle out of my grasp and get hit by a car because I'm not fast enough to catch him.

4) To reduce my back pain from herniated discs and messed up nerves from an accident two years ago.

5) To push back my heart problems a good twenty years.

6) To be able to purchase regular clothing at cheaper prices.

7) To wear things from Victoria's Secret, Old Navy, Gap, Target, Kmart, Walmart, Macy's, a Costume Store at regular Misses sizes.

8) To amass a collection of super sexy underthings.

9) To stop being afraid of going out in public and worrying about where my butt will fit.

10) To gain the confidence I need to make up my mind about my long-term life goals/bucket list items and strive to achieve them.

This is a really great post and very difficult to put these in any kind of order because they are all important reasons. There are more but these are the first ten that I wrote down.

1. I want my outside to be as beautiful as I feel I am on the inside. I am so tired of hearing everyone say "One day you will make a great ______ (pick any noun).
  2. I would like to eat to live, not live to eat.
  3. Reduce my Hypertension and hopefully stop taking my Beta blocker medication.
  4. Stop taking daily prophylactic Migraine medications. My Migraines have increased with my weigh gain.
  5. To walk and talk at the same time without being short of breath.
  6. I would like to have more energy and thus be more motivated.
  7. I don't want to feel the like the fat girl just walked into the room anymore-thin would be a great change. I have never been that. I was always the last girl picked in gym class.....you know the one I am sure.
  8. Be the healthiest person I can be, so that my family can stop telling me how worried they are and that I should really try and lose weight.
  9. To walk into any store and be able to buy clothes because they will fit.
  10. I have always had very attractive boyfriends, but none of them ever wanted to marry the "fat girl". Now I have freedom to choose who I deserve to be with.