Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

an NSV I could do without

Does anyone else have one of these?

Mine is kind of embarassing and something only a fat girl can relate to.

My bra keeps sliding up my back until it is right between my shoulders and my girls are looking... "depressed"

This is so distressing for me. In Jr. High I had the same problem in reverse. My back was getting fatter and my bra would slide or roll up because it was just too small. I was just sure everyone noticed, they probably did.

I know I should be overjoyed, now.

This is happening because my back fat is no longer thick enough to hold the darn thing down. I am shrinking, slowly, but surely. I am going to accentuate the positive (and buy a new bra) while you all tell me your NSV's you would rather just skip.

Hum, I say get fitted for a nice expensive new bra, splurge on urself and get 2 of the same.

Hummmm NSV I'd rather do without, my pants falling around my hips with my undies hanging out, while walking across a business intersection... :faint:

Yes, I had to go down TWO bra sizes. The bad side was that to do that I had to go up a cup size to an E. Holy cow, I have never been an E in my life. But a 16E fit better round the back than an 18DD.

Hee hee, this isn't a bad thing! You'll be amazed what a difference a well-fitting bra can make. You'll love it!

One of these sorts of things I'm anticipating is whether I'll need to attend to my bikini line this summer when the bathing suits go on. I've never had any worries in that department before; since my folds hid any hair that wasn't covered by the suit. THIS summer I just might have to whip out a razor. :)

Gee, except for the bra riding up my back I can relate to all of these.

My bra doesn't exactly ride up my back and into my shoulders, but because of my shrinking "girls" and general fat shrinkage everywhere.........I can fully relate to the depressed girls comment. They just don't stand high and dry very well. l.l l.l <-That's about the way they look. Personally, I'd like (o)(o), but I'm not willing to pay buko bucks for them.

I've had my undies hanging out, but not because my pants fall down. It's because styles have changed since the last time I was thinner. These darn new pants are low riders and my undies are still higher than the pants. I just refuse to break down and do the thong thing so I have to be conscious and kind of tuck them down.

Alexandra, I have had the same thoughts about the bikini area. As my fat disappears and fails to hide some of those unsightly areas, I guess I'll have to do more maintenance. hehe

One other thing I've noticed, and I saw it in a photo of myself just 2 weeks ago. Now that I'm losing the fat in my face as well, I'M LOOKING OLDER! EEEE GAAADDS!!!! I have faint, not deep but they're there just the same...what doctors call "puppet lines" from my nose to my mouth. I'm also getting laugh lines around my eyes. WTF? Of all places to get these darn things, why my face? Can't the demons of aging pick another spot? This is really bothering me. What's a girl to do?

I went to a lovely boutique that does custom fitting of $70+ European bras *OUCH!* and the lady said that most all women have wrong size bras because of the 'cafeteria' style sizing at most places where we run in a just buy something off the shelf. When she fitted me, the band was so tight that I thought I could not breathe. But I quickly got accustomed to it and she said that this is how ALL bras should fit - not move at all once it is placed below the shoulder blades. The good thing is that she said when it became loose again *even at the tightest setting* - to bring it in and they would adjust it for free....guess that is where it pays to buy expensive. Try the Anita RosaFaia bra...super comfortable and does not slip off the shoulder! I think it is out of the "Twin" series.

Too funny! I've noticed "the girls" are getting smaller and droopier! They're the only thing on my body that looked better with extra fat! I have a funny story about this...the other day I was wearing a cute top that I really like, but the design needs "the girls" to help hold it up. I was driving to work and when I went to get out of the car I noticed this shirt had slid down from the seat belt pushing on my chest and you could see the whole top half of my bra. I was so nervous the whole day at work about this happening again, I tried using some scotch tape but it didn't help! Any way, I don't know how many drivers got a peep show on the morning cummute that morning!

I got a better bra this weekend. Nothing fancy...just from Walmart but it was in a smaller size YEAH and it also helps keep gravity from succeeding DOUBLE YEAH!!

YUP! I've had to buy new bras 3 times now! Went from a tight DDD to a comfy DDD but went from 44 to 38 so I had the same slipping up my back issue. I hate droopy bras! I like the cotton tee-shirt ones from Target comfy doesn't make me had torpedo tits and cheap enough (12/13.00) that I can buy one of each color.

I can relate. Overall getting thinner makes me look younger, and definitely the weight loss shows up easily in my face....but I seem to notice the wrinkles more now. My upper eyelids also look kind of droopy. Still looks better than my old fat face I guess!

Torpedo Tits, lol, that's a classic!

I like Tshirt bras too. Doug keeps pointing out lacy numbers in catalogues but I"m just addicted to slinky microfibre foam padded ones. I think they're far sexier than nylon lace.

Ddeirdre I'm noticing changes in my face too :-( I am definitely looking a tad older and I'm getting really hollow round the eyes. I always thought I'd want to aim for the bottom of my weight range since I know that I did actually still carry more fat than I'd like at the middle of it, but I may have to choose between my bum and my face at some point in time.

The problem with Tshirt bras is they flatten the girls and it looks like you're wearing a sports bra. I'm in search of a new comfy bra, I would love to have one custom made, anyone know of a place that does that?