Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is the day! Any last minute words of wisdom?

My surgery is at 12:30pm tomorrow. I can't believe it's here already! Kind of nervous and kind of excited all at the same time. I've tried to really prepare myself for giving up food as I have known if for the past 57 years of my life :-) But I guess you can never be fully prepared for what it will really feel like to struggle at first to even get anything down.

How were the first few days for all of you? I want to be prepared for the worst so that if it happens I am not surprised, and if it doesn't I am relieved. Maybe a little ridiculous but it works for me:biggrin0:

Everyone has been such a tremendous help so thank you all!

My surgery is at 12:30pm tomorrow. I can't believe it's here already! Kind of nervous and kind of excited all at the same time. I've tried to really prepare myself for giving up food as I have known if for the past 57 years of my life :-) But I guess you can never be fully prepared for what it will really feel like to struggle at first to even get anything down.

How were the first few days for all of you? I want to be prepared for the worst so that if it happens I am not surprised, and if it doesn't I am relieved. Maybe a little ridiculous but it works for me:biggrin0:

Everyone has been such a tremendous help so thank you all!

Congratulations! You will do so well. . . check out my ticker, look how much i've lost in the past 9 months. . you are fixin to do the same thing! nervousness is normal, this was my 18th major surgery and I was really nervous, you never get used to it. . .however, the most important thing to remember hon, is to walk and sip . . . you won't feel like it, but YOU HAVE TOO!!!! Remember you have too, have to do it for your health, so that the gas moves, so that you move and get your weight loss started. . .you are going to fabulous! check in every now and then and let us know how your doing in the hospital ok? best to you

I hope all goes well tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you!

I had my surgery 12 days ago. All the worrying I did was for naught. The surgery was quick. The pain was minimal. I was back to everyday living (shopping, etc.) within only a couple of days after surgery. I didn't have to take pain medications at all after I left the hospital. Your incisions will be sore, but should not be painful.

My most difficult adjustment is drinking all that Water. I am lucky in that I like the Protein Shakes. I use the premixed Adkins shakes or Myoplex Lite. They are the best I have tried. It is a bit difficult the first week to drink anything. If feels like there is a lot of pressure on your chest. But if you take tiny sips, you will not find it that difficult. Also soft boiled eggs (boil 3 minutes and scrape out of shell) have lots of Protein and I find they went down very easy. Eating out is also a challenge, but there is almost always Soup on the menu. I'm excited because this week I start on soft foods. And the best so far, is that since surgery twelve days ago, I have lost 16.5 pounds. It is so exciting and I love waking up in the morning just to see how different I look! Good luck to you! Keep us posted. It really was a breeze, and while people react differently to surgery, for the most part, the majority of the people seem to do very well with minimal problems.

Best wishes to you for a safe and swift recovery. You are going to do great.

Thanks everyone! And especially bchrist for the hopeful thoughts. I really do hope that I am expecting way worse than it will be :-) I'll check in with everyone as soon as I can get back on to a computer!

I will be thinking of you and saying a prayer as well :) hugs!!

Thanks everyone! And especially bchrist for the hopeful thoughts. I really do hope that I am expecting way worse than it will be :-) I'll check in with everyone as soon as I can get back on to a computer!

we have the exact same coping mechanism!! I'm expecting this all to go down really difficultly but I'm sure I will be pleasantly surprized... I think this way we r not disappointed if something is hard or what have you!... Thougt and good vibes are being sent your way! I will be there on friday!