Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twentysomething Bandsters

Hi All!

I am in Monterrey and got my first fill today. It was a little scary. I ended up with 1.6cc/4.0cc. It was pretty cool seeing the barium flow through the stomach. I am staying the night here so hopefully if there are any problems with an under/over fill they can be fixed tomorrow! Wish me luck.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Olive

Hi y'all

I just spent the last 20 minutes reading all 7 pages of posts. I'm really bored... not that the posts were boring. :clap2:

Quick intro to me:

28, single, teacher, live near Dallas

I've been banded for about 6 weeks now. I was doing pretty well, lost 35 pounds (I'm sorry, I have no idea how much that is in kilos) but I've gained 5 back. My first fill is coming up next wednesday so hopefully that will help. I also just joined a Curves gym.

I've felt fat since high school. Now that I look back I realize that my highest weight then was only 20 lbs. more than my goal weight. I wasn't as fat as I thought I was. I guess a lot of us have come to that realization. I decided it was time to get the band because I would like to have kids someday (and a husband would be nice too) and I want to be healthy for them.

What a great tread!!!!!!

I started up a group for exactly this, I love to be young and young banded people have diffrent issues than the older people and also I love to make friends all over the world cause I love to travel!!!! I am heading to England in a few months then to cananda in time for their Toronto banding bash, I cant wait. .

If you are intrested in joining my yahoo group about this exact topic please do. . This is not spam and there are no naughty pics (sorry) he he he, just a great place for us youngsters to hang out on!!!

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/youngandbanded

hope to see some of you there

I got banded on my 25th birthday i love meeting banded people my age

Although I fit the "Twentysomething" age bracket, I have a 9 year old son, and call him a youngster! LOL He is a youngster to me! Or maybe I just feel old?

Thanks for the invite Colleen.

22 bandster here, done back at the end of july :D

I'm a student at the U of Idaho, other than that I'm pretty boring.

I agree this is a great idea for a thread. I will be 26 in a month. I sometimes feel a little bit out of the loop b/c everyone has kids and is married. Not there yet but will be soon. I was banded in March of this year and know it was the best thing I have done in my life for my health. I thought my weight was bad in college when I weighed 155-170 and now I know that it was just the tip of the iceberg then. Looking forward to meeting all of you guys-Welcome!! :)

~Liz~

03/10/06

241/166/160

5'7''

Well, I am 20 and got my band put in 2 years ago. I can not begin to explain what has happened since then butI ended up having surgury again over the summer for some problem that still hasn't been explained to me by my doctor but whatever. I just have the hardest time dealing with everything, I mean I am so happy to get thin and healthy but I have been so miserable every since I had surgury. I don't know how to word this proberly but my biggest problem is with other people. When I was in high school, I had a lot of friends and they all loved me for who I was because they were all the most beautiful people ever but I never got any attention from guys and so many of my friends would tell me OMG YOU'D BE PERFECT FOR MY FRIEND JOSH/BEN/MIKE......... but none of them would ever want to date a fat girl. Now I am losing weight, and I still have more to go and I feel like I can't date anyone until I lose allllllllllll of the weight because I am affraid of being rejected and then I don't know. Does anyone even know what I am talking about? Like most of the time I dont even realize a guy likes me because I assume they are my friend, and like before, why would they want a fat girl. Mind you I am MUCH LESS fat now, but still fat and I just hate that.

Coconut, that's like the story of my life! I honestly never had a boyfriend until now. And it took a pile of bricks to make me realize that SOMEONE was interested. I never went to any school dances, never went on a 'real' date in high school, and hadn't even had my first kiss until I was 27 years old. Yeah, it's embarassing to admit that, but I think I'm not alone. I'm sure I have other issues because plenty of big girls date and get married. The question is, how do we address those issues?

Hi everyone! I am 31 but I feel that this is the group for me. I hope that is o.k. with everybody. All of my friends are married and are starting to have children and I am not even close. I was in a 8 yrs relationship that ended 6 weeks before we were suppose to get married. My Mother asked me if he cheated on my because I had gained so much weight. So to make a long story short, I understand where you guys are more then 30 somethings. i have always had a great self image until about 6 mths ago and thats when i decided to gat the band. I only told 3 of my close girls and they are so supportive. My mother found out because she saw my pre op paperwork on my table when she came to visit. Now all I hear is how " when you are skinny........" She thinks that the reason I am not married is because I am fat. Does she even take into concideration that I have had several bad experiences that might effect the way I look at relationships?

I am just curious about how the people aroung you feel about you getting banded