Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twentysomething Bandsters

I've wondered if you couold give natural child birth if you've had a Tummy Tuck. Anyone know? For some reeason I have always thought it would have to be C-section after a tummy tuck.

You can give birth naturally after a tummy tuck. A TT just deals with the outer layers of skin (and tummy muscles), and has nothing to do with the womb at all.

Ok, I am a 28 mother of three under the age of 5. Yes I am busy!! I am also a wife and a full time nursing student. I have been overweight as long as I can remember. Looking back, I was teased from a very young age but it had more to do with my height, but teasing was teasing. it alll hurts.

In high school I had a basketball coach hound me for 4 weeks about playing for the team. I did not like exercise or sports but he finally talked me into trying out. Who would have thought that was what i needed to get healthy. I loved sports and was damn good at basketball, softball, and vollyball. From the ninth grade on I played sports all year round. I was still overweight but I was healthy. I could run a mile no problem,

Then at 18 I got married. (BAD BAD DIET) We both loved to eat, and we did it together. We slowly gained over the years and five years after getting married we had our first child. After my daughter I joined WW and lost 70 lbs. I felt great, but it did't last. I slowly gained it back after the birth of my two sons. So after 11 years of marriage we are here. Me and my hubby are doing the band together... I am so excited, I have an appointmt with my dr. on weds to find out surgery date..

I do plan on having PS, breast implants and TT. I have planned on doing that sense my first child. 3 yrs of breastfeeding makes the girls look south.

I'm going to do my boobs before babies, I agree, I want nice ones for any amount of time, then if the babies ruin them, maybe I will have them redone after all baby having is done, whatever.

What if any breast surgeries affect breast feeding? I've heard reduction/lifts dont, but what about implants with a lift?

As long as you have the implants placed under the muscle you can still produce milk. If you have a life where they move the nipple it could effect your milk. Also if you have a boob job before kids and you do implants they should not be effected to much with nursing a baby. Well it was nice meeting bandsters around my age.... I will let you know my band date when I know it... lol :clap2:

Jen I'm so glad you joined and told your story! That's great that you and hubby are doing it together, I can only imagine good things from that, such great support. And thanks for the info on PS.

Thanks for the info Sammee, I had always wondered.

I'm 25. Just had my band put in 3.5 weeks ago (on my birthday, actually). I recognized I had spent half of my twenties overweight and unhappy with my body and that I wasn't about to spend the last half of my twenties that way. I feel like it's the most adult decision I've ever made. :clap2:

Wow thanks for all the info on the Breast Implants and TT! I'm going to ask my doc about them tomorrow, hopefully I can at least get the TT covered by insurance.

A little about me (if you don't know!)...I'm 24 and am in my second year of law school at St. Mary's in San Antonio, TX. I'm originally from a little town in East Texas, Marshall. I got my lapband just over 3 months ago. And it was definately the best $11,000 I ever spent. Well, maybe my education will be worth it some day! LOL.

I was too skinny as a kid and I used to model for Dillard's and JCPenney's until I was diagnosed with immune deficiency problems at 10 years old and put on Prednisone. I gained like 75 lbs and it just kept going and never came off. That and my grandmother would sit me down with a gallon of Blue Bell coffee ice cream just to tick my mom off. Yes, I have a crazy family.

I'm engaged to my childhood sweetheart and we're planning to get married January 2, 2007. So I have to be in at least a size 12 by then. I'm in a 16 or 18 now so I think that's pretty realistic.

No children, other than my pekingese and 2 cats. Besides playing on www.lapbandtalk.com I am an avid scrapbooker (when I have time now!) and used to teach scrapbooking classes. That's about all there is!

It is definately nice to have a little group of people close to your own age! Nice to meet everyone!!

:) Kristin

I had a TT and Lipo done at 18.. I am 30 now. There arent any issues in the long run for having kids, except having to probably have it done again. I havent had kids myself yet, but I know that the TT is one of the most painful things to heal from. Most women I know who have had it, said that childbirth was easier. Im sure I will do it again though, especially if my prayers are answered and I am FINALLY approved for my lap band. I wish I had gotten the band when I was younger instead of the TT, but back then there wasnt the option. Hope this helps :)

I turned 28 a few days ago. I'm not married (never have been) and have no children, though I really want them. I've been heavy my entire life except for ages 14-16 and, I think because of the weight, never dated because I think I was shy about being fat and felt too inferior to date. I've been dating a wonderful man most recently, who wants to settle down, but I find myself shying away from commitment. I think I'm going through what I should have gone through in high school. I just want to play right now and he's SO fun to just have fun with. I'm so selfish.

Anyhow, I'm curious about the TT as well. Will you ruin your TT if you have children after having the surgery? Should I wait to have the TT until after I'm done having kids?

OMG!!!!! I am soooooooooooo old.... I dont care cuz I feel 25..heheheehe but I just wanted to say a few things that may be usefull....

I have been way fat since my senior year of high school.... I tryed to get surgery many times but was denied....(by the way how have you young ducks payed for this???) But I was on phen phen and lost 100 pounds, which was only half of what I need to lose. I was highly annoyed scared and freaked out by the ugly giggly squishy hangy tummy fat, cuz ya all know firm fat looks ok...lol The DOc said since I was young there was a better chance that the skin could bounce back.... But if it didnt he suggested an Apron removal... It only deals with the fat and skin not the muscles.. (he knew I was not big on pain!!!!)

Also my aunt had the bypass at 24 (a million years ago lol I was 12) and she didnt work out and has regretted it since (she was MO)!!!! She said that if she had worked out when she was losing wieght her body would have returned to a more "normal" looking body and not an old persons body..hmmmm ok lol

And the last words.... I am happy you all have done this when your young and not all jacked up hehe like me GAWD I feel like I am ancient and I am only 34.... Anyways I just got married last Halloween, no kids... but I still have the same fears...LMAO had a nightmare the other day that my thighs looked like my grandmas after I lost all my wieght!!!!! WTH????? Hubby woke me up cuz I was yelling "Iwant a body lift!!!!" in spanish lol.... ooo yes I need help!!!! lol

Good luck!!!!

As for the paying thing, My mom payed for it for me. I was very lucky, although I did have to cancel my Europe trip that was suppose tobe my graduation present, I'm so happy I got the band instead of the trip!

I am 29. I turn 30 in October. I looked at the 30 something crowd but this looks much more like my type of people!!

I am not married and I have no kids, other than my 2 peek-a-poos (Chandler and Jax). I am an attorneya nd lobbyist in Austin, Texas.

I have been a yo-yo'er all my life but heavier more than thinner. I have always been on a diet. I eat to deal with anxiety. I get it really bad!

Anywho! Love LBT!

Lindsay

Hey Lins!! Glad you joined!

I'ts been the same way with diets with me. I remember being on diets most of my life, I never really remember any kind of loss, nothing more than 10 pounds gone on one certain diet. It's kind of insane when i think about it.....diet after diet and only gaining, gh.

What you all have said....that's me all wrapped up in a nutshell! I'm 28, 265#, no kids, wonderful man on my arm...AND I want my life back! I'm scheduled for the lapband in August with Dr. Ortiz...I think I may bump that up to July sometime this week!

I think the only issue for me is that I don't want sagging skin!..I believe I may have the perfect plan to help....1. Spa treatments..horray for seaweed wraps and mud baths..2. Swimming and Water aerobics (can't feel myself sweat)...3. And this maybe the hardest...no more Crown Royals & Cokes.....:think

I'm just tired of life passing me by and knowing that I'm a sexy diva, but wanting to actually look like it...

I want to show my horses again..I miss my show jumping and eventing!

What you all have said....that's me all wrapped up in a nutshell! I'm 28, 265#, no kids, wonderful man on my arm...AND I want my life back! I'm scheduled for the lapband in August with Dr. Ortiz...I think I may bump that up to July sometime this week!

I think the only issue for me is that I don't want sagging skin!..I believe I may have the perfect plan to help....1. Spa treatments..horray for seaweed wraps and mud baths..2. Swimming and Water aerobics (can't feel myself sweat)...3. And this maybe the hardest...no more Crown Royals & Cokes.....

Girl, everyone bumps it up. It's too much excitement to wait for. But it's SO worth it, and you've got a great plan.

Did anyone else see Supersize Surgery last night on the WE channel? The whole thing was about the lap band, or getting tummy tucks because of losing so much weight with the lap band. I couldn't believe how good some of these people looked! One woman was having a Tummy Tuck, lower body lift and boob lift because she's lost 150 pounds with the band. She looked fantastic. Conversley, there was a woman who'd had the band for a year and had only lost 9 pounds, but she ate crap all day and had a bad attitude about it. This is what I love about the band - you have to WORK at it! Believe it or not that was the most appealing part of all to me. Now I can feel some sense of accomplishment with losing weight.