Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm being SLEEVED on Sept. 15, 2010 by Dr. Aceves!!

That?s right!! Next Wednesday is the big day for me!

I?m soooo excited I can hardly stand it! This past 5 weeks has absolutely flown by. I?m still thinking of things I?m going to need? it?s like a never ending story. I'm so glad I decided to start sooner rather than later. I would?ve felt truly overwhelmed this coming weekend.

Thank you all so very much for all your support!! This is the best support website on the WWW? no lie. I?m fortunate!

So I?ll post my pre-op stuff here and post-op to avoid making new threads for every little thing (unless it's major!). I also won?t dig too much into my past ? only that I was banded on 2/11/08 and its going to be removed in the process.

All the very best to anyone being sleeved around this time too! Ok, and everyone else too? I mean, I don?t want to leave anyone out.

Make your dreams reality!!!

That's great! I can't wait to hear about your experience and progress!

Thanks so much sleeve! How are you doing now? Would you mind telling me a bit about your experiences with the crew and Dr. Aceves? Thanks!!

DJackson, I can't wait! I see you're not too far behind me. I hope my posts help get you prepared! :)

Yayy for you lilmissdiva :)

Thanks so much sleeve! How are you doing now? Would you mind telling me a bit about your experiences with the crew and Dr. Aceves? Thanks!!

Dr. Aceves has his own staff, they come to the hospital every day, and they have it all together and are ssooo nice and caring. I wanted to ask Sergio to come home and take care of me. :) The actual nurses that are there 24/7 work for the hospital, so there was some language issues (nothing that prevented my level of care), and I felt that since there was small language issues that they were just there doing their shift/job (not as caring). But I think that's because communication was limited. Other than that, the entire experience was exactly like everyone talks about and at this point in time, I am completely satisfied. :)

I think you'll be very happy.

I found the only nurses that did not speak English as well were the ones that worked 11pm to 7am .They could still speak some English, but not as well as the other shifts.

Sergio is so sweet and speaks perfect English! So does Lucy!

Good luck. I will be thinking about you and sending a prayer your way. Let us know how you are doing when you are up to it. See you on the losers bench.

sleeve, daisy - Thanks so much for the info... I think seriously for the first time since getting my date I actually felt a little bit of nervousness just now. I was like... wow... SIX DAYS!!! OMG!!! LOL :thumbup:

I have 110% faith in Dr. Aceves, I mean, I just cannot find one bad thing about him. Besides my Mom is making the trip down with me and she will be my Nurse. So glad! Mom's are always excellent at taking care of us, aren't they?

kkb, sunshine -- I so appreciate your well wishes! I will definitely check in first chance I get. I'll be bringing my mini dell with me. It will finally come in hand since I've bought it about 1 year ago... haha!! :thumbup:

As for me, I did soooo excellent yesterday on my Pre-Op diet. It was the first true day of it and I didn't miss a beat. Here is how I did:

Daily Intake Totals

Click Totals to View Charts

Cals 1215 Fat 79 g Cholesterol 265 mg Sodium 1145 mg Carbs 27 g Sugars 8 gFiber 14 gProtein 100 g Protein: 32.81%; Carbs: 8.86%; Fats: 58.22%

I also burned 999 calories in workouts so that is a Net Cals of 216!!

Not bad! I'm glad I started early even though the few days before my must do stage wasn't that great. I think I have gotten rid of the Carb addiction regardless and it was almost effortless yesterday. I don't feel bad this morning either. I rather feel great!

Have a great day everyone!! :thumbup:

Edited by LilMissDiva

Another great day yesterday... I feel so jazzed!!

Calories: Intake 1025 - Burned 437 - Net 588

Carbs: Intake 29 - Fiber 16 - Sugar 7 - Net Carbs 13

Wow! I don't even feel it to be honest. I'm so very glad I decided to start this early. I'm so nervous right now, and it wouldn't be a good time to go through Carb withdrawals. I think I'll carry this diet through until my goal. It works!!

I won't go this low carb forever though - I'd add healthy carbs back once I get there and maintain + / - 5 Lbs. Once I get to my +5 I'll go low carb again until it's gone. From what I've been reading around here this eating plan seems to work wonderful with the sleeve.

My life is changing forever. I have confidence again in myself and my outlook is so positive!!!

and...

5 MORE DAYS!!!!!!

:)

We are the same day. I know about the nerves just hitting you. I've been getting that way too the last day or so. Good Luck to you on your trip, surgery and recovery.

Tracey

We are the same day. I know about the nerves just hitting you. I've been getting that way too the last day or so. Good Luck to you on your trip, surgery and recovery.

Tracey

Nice! I've been looking for some folks who are having the same date as me. All the best to you too!

We should try not to let our nerves get the best of us.. lol :thumbup: Though I don't know if it's working for me. My travel begins first thing Monday morning... Augh!

OMW time is flying.... when I wake up it will only be THREE DAYS!!!

I made a booboo today with my pre-op diet today. I ate a lunchables, which the meat and cheese aren't so bad. But I did eat the crackers too, which is a big no-no on my prescribed diet.

I won't do it again I know, but just wanted to own it and move on. Now, I will definitely eat a bit more carbs post op and once I'm able to get solids in. I will stay on a Protein first, veggies second and a bite of carbs third type thing. For right now though I shouldn't have eaten them.

So far I'm down 7.6 Lbs since the beginning so not bad!! Can't be too mad at myself. :) My carb cravings aren't that bad either. I know I'm over the low blood sugar feelings. I'm doing good!

Down another 1.2 Lbs!! Whoohoo!!

Only 3 days to go... getting excited!! :)