Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't let an idiot rent space in your head.

Hahahaha! I love this! This could work for a LOT of certain situations!

Was the guy lacking in manners? yes

Have I noticed people who had WLS (I could tell)? yes

Would I EVER ask them? no

Did I WANT to ask them? yes (to get more information)

What should you do?...forgive. Smile.

...and GOOD FOR YOU for exercising. ;)

Due to my research, and having friends that had surgery (RNY or Band) that I've known for years, I can pretty much be spot on with people that have had WLS. I think there are little signs that give away that I've had weight loss surgery, like the little skin on my neck, and the wrinkly skin on my upper arms, those are dead giveaways on WLS. Plus, when I see women in swimsuits, I can spot the scars, and the little tell tale signs that are pretty obvious to those of us that have had WLS.

That guy was rude, and obviously had zero tact. I would be willing to put money on it that he had surgery himself, and knows what to look for in other people. It was wrong, and disrespectful. Since I'm a smart-ass, I have been known to say "maybe, but you definitely need to have the DBGR procedure" Typically, they look puzzled and I say " you know the douchebag gene removal, yeah that would be perfect for you."

:thumbup1: :thumbup: :laugh0:

To be honest with you all I can usually spot someone who has WLS as well. In fact, I was having a training course with one guy and I kept looking him over thinking he may have had it. It was for all those reasons Tiffy just mentioned... even the drooping panus. I mean it wasn't bad but it is something I notice, even if a slight bit noticeable.

Well later that day we were in the breakroom and he was being really talkative. There was a big spread of goodies sitting on the table and he looked down at them. He then looks at me and said, you know I'd love some of those but I have to stay away from that kinda stuff. I said I did too and he proceeded to mention to me he is post op RNY patient. I just smiled to myself and thought "I knew it"...

So it is true, some people can really tell other patients - and they are usually patients themselves.

However, that doesn't excuse his awful behavior! That was extremely rude, and even though I figured that guy out - no way would I just bombard him and ask him something so personal.

Hi, That was really odd I seriously doubt we have any kind of look, maybe after bypass if there are mal absorption problems but beyond that I really can't see it. I agree with Tiff about what proceedure that guy could use.

Nancy

I don't think my body looks any different either.. or that I look differently. I mean, I haven't lost a huge amount of weight or anything.. I am really not sure...

Hi, That was really odd I seriously doubt we have any kind of look, maybe after bypass if there are mal absorption problems but beyond that I really can't see it. I agree with Tiff about what proceedure that guy could use.

Nancy