Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last minute freak out

Okay I know I need to stay away from youtube but I've been watching videos from others who've had VSG and some of them videotaped within an hour of coming out of surgery. This one poor woman kept begging for more drugs she hurt so badly.

I was already ready to call and cancel this morning two days pre-op but my hubby reminded me with two kids under 5 I won't likely be able to line up help, financing, etc again for another year or two and how horrible it's been the past 6 months of being on liquids and having sharp pains. They have in a way become normal for me which is wrong I know.

My 5 year old has started telling us her stomach hurts when she eats so she doesn't have to eat whatever she doesn't want to. :001_unsure: I keep telling myself I'm doing this for my kids, I'm doing this for my kids. I'm scared to death. Take it this woman may or may not have had surgery before but going from how I feel today (normal to me) to that isn't on my top 10 list. :001_rolleyes:

I've had 2 c-sections (old school vertical style) and Lap Band Surgery. Other moms please tell me how bad a revision really is.

I can't help, but I just wanted to say hang in there! I'm scared of how much more pain this will be than my lapband, as well. But I'm doing it, and so are you!!! ((((hugs))))

Carrie

you will be fine, research is great but remember your source and don't take it out of context. every surgery has risks, you have to accpet is it morbid obesity or the risk of complications, when you can make that decision you will not turn back

Hi Carrie, I did not have revision, just a vanilla VSG, but the surgery pain after was not that bad. And I have had labour with twins ending in epidural and forceps delivery. My reasons for doing the surgery were mainly to try to ensure I lived long enough to see grandchildren and be able to be an active grandma. The way I was going I would have died young and probably required a mobility scooter beforehand, the horror. The good thing about VSG is you get it done, follow a few simple rules and voila, you get to live a normal life!!

Jane x

Thanks everyone for the support. I am on day 3 of post op and doing well. Still sore but not on pain meds. Hardest thing is not being able to play the way I normally do with my kids ages 5 and 1. We had to setup a system where I constantly have someone around to lift her until I get cleared to do so. But I feed her and love on her still. I just found I get tired some during the day but that's happening less and less. :confused1:

Congrats on your sleeve! I am a mother of three and a little stressed about recovering and taking care of them. I will be sleeved as soon as the preop testing is through and insurance approves. I have horrible pain from my lapband and I look forward to the day I can join you in having it gone! If you ever need anyone to talk to I am here! Hope your recovery goes smoothly.:)

Carrie I am so happy to read your post. Did you see what you wrote? The worst is not getting down on the floor and playing with them??? Good for you!!! Of course you will play with them again, and they will be fine. I'm just so glad you're not in worse pain and a worse state, given your first post. I said to my girlfriend earlier who asked me did is hurt as much as you thought it would. I said.. I don't think that it hurts more or less. I think we FORGET that pain and those first few days. I've had two babies (one with no epidural working) an appendectomy, a lapband.. I mean heavy stuff, and no one can really take away those first two days of pain in the hospital. Ugh!! But we get through. And here we are, recovering. Good for you! I'm so proud of you!

Hi Becca. I think we moms of little ones have an extra challenge. I feel very lucky that my kiddos are 7 and 4 now and pretty independent, plus my husband has been SO helpful with them. When they are were so little, I didn't think anyone could take care of them better than me and insisted on doing things. I really think we are smart to put ourselves first (for once.) Rest, let the kids go to grandma's. As long as they are fed and clean and healthy. Hell, even clean.. who cares? They are safe, that's what matters. Just a week or two to really put yourself first and don't go overboard. Then the payoff will come after. They will be better off for it, because we will be healthy and happy! We'll have to find a little band to sleeve moms threads to keep in touch! Good luck!

We'll have to find a little band to sleeve moms threads to keep in touch! Good luck!

What an EXCELLENT idea!!! :scared0: