Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

gastric sleeve plication

Glad to hear you are on the mend, and doing well. Yes, I too had a really hard time with Water intake. I am not sure how normal it is, but try to get in as much as you can. I added some Crystal Light to mine as that is the only way I could tolerate water. It felt like rocks going down at first. I am now 2 weeks post op, and I find myself thirsty and reaching for a bottle of water. It will pass, along with all the other hardships............. 2 weeks, and down 14 lbs, so it is all worth it in the end!! Penny

Congrats! I remember you posting somewhere that you had a lower bmi... I am here now waiting in my room and scared to death!!!! My bmi is 30 and has been for years so I hope this is my answer... The doubts are in my mind, but I will do it... Keep us updated!

Mari

So where are you at? You were in the "room" and now we hope you are on your way to a "fitter" lifestyle! If I have missed your comments I apologize but am wonderig where you are at now?? Jen

I just had the new procedure called "gastric sleeve plication" I am 21 days post op. It was quite difficult to find much information on this since it is so new. I am very pleased with my results, surgeon, and overall experience. I would be happy to share information with anyone considering "plication" My surgeon was Dr. Corvalas in T.J. Mexico. I am down 14 pounds at this point. No problems whatsoever.

hi Fit i have been reading on the forum for sometime now but have never really talked to any one on here.I am in canada and am going in January to mexico with the same Dr. can you tell me any info that may think that is important for me to know.i am just nervous about the surgery itself and the next few days after

hi Fit i have been reading on the forum for sometime now but have never really talked to any one on here.I am in canada and am going in January to mexico with the same Dr. can you tell me any info that may think that is important for me to know.i am just nervous about the surgery itself and the next few days after

Hi laura, I'm leaving to Tiajuana on tuesday for sugery with Dr. C also, I will let you know how it goes! I'll be back in touch. Say a prayer!!! I'm nervous too. Jen

Hi laura, I'm leaving to Tiajuana on tuesday for sugery with Dr. C also, I will let you know how it goes! I'll be back in touch. Say a prayer!!! I'm nervous too. Jen

Jen i would love to hear from you...good luck and lots of prayers to you talk to you when you get back

Jen i would love to hear from you...good luck and lots of prayers to you talk to you when you get back

Yep, I'm on the countdown now, it's got to get better soon. Will be glad when I'm back home again. Will let you know how I feel, I'm taking a computer so will see if it works and I'll correspond that way. :lol:

Today, 08:31 AM Hello, My big day is Monday the 18th I'm geting a Plication,Done in Tijuana by DR Ortiz.But they Have not fax me back my husband family leave papers so he can go with me ,I don't know what is taking them so long Any ideas?

Check out the complications forum. Before my surgery all I saw was how good this was and how wonderful. Funny after the operation is when I learned of all the people with complications. I had bad complications too. i am 16 days post op and still am wondering if I did the right thing. 70% of the time I wish I never did it. I hope that changes with time. It changes your life big time,,and not always for the better.

Well guys almost home. My surgery was 3 hours so getting better is slower. Not home yet. 1 more airport to go. Will fill everybody in once I get home. So glad its over. Jen

Check out the complications forum. Before my surgery all I saw was how good this was and how wonderful. Funny after the operation is when I learned of all the people with complications. I had bad complications too. i am 16 days post op and still am wondering if I did the right thing. 70% of the time I wish I never did it. I hope that changes with time. It changes your life big time,,and not always for the better.

Where is the compllications forum? Now 4 days post-op, not feeling wonderful yet, but hopefully soon, anyways, let me know where this forum is and thanks, and of course best wishes. Where did you go, who did it, and what kind of complications are you having?

Hi

had it done in mexica with Dr Rodreguz. I puked blood for 30 hours, severe gastric reflux. Now I am ok 17 days out except hungry all the time and I think my stomach pouch is too big. 15 minutes after i eat way more than 3 to 4 oz, Im hungry again. Complications page is on obisityhelp.com Go to forums, weight loss related, more, and click on complications

I just had the new procedure called "gastric sleeve plication" I am 21 days post op. It was quite difficult to find much information on this since it is so new. I am very pleased with my results, surgeon, and overall experience. I would be happy to share information with anyone considering "plication" My surgeon was Dr. Corvalas in T.J. Mexico. I am down 14 pounds at this point. No problems whatsoever.

are you hungry? and was it nice down thier? that is where i am thinking of going, and how old are you,if you do not mind my asking i am 65 do you think that is to old, and how long till you felt better nancy

How are you doing now?

Hi

had it done in mexica with Dr Rodreguz. I puked blood for 30 hours, severe gastric reflux. Now I am ok 17 days out except hungry all the time and I think my stomach pouch is too big. 15 minutes after i eat way more than 3 to 4 oz, Im hungry again. Complications page is on obisityhelp.com Go to forums, weight loss related, more, and click on complications

I am 10 months post-op, and let me tell you what. Yes you are hungry, the longer I go into this the more I realize, that yes, they do shrink your stomach size, but they do not do anything with hunger pains, so of course you still want to eat, and eventually your stomach will start to enlarge, yes I eat alot less but it still isn't the easy fix, I would have liked, but let me say something else, I am a drinker, and I know that doesn't help at all. That's my fault and no one elses'. Yes it's nice there, they don't speak alot of english, but they were accomodating!

re you hungry? and was it nice down thier? that is where i am thinking of going, and how old are you,if you do not mind my asking i am 65 do you think that is to old, and how long till you felt better nancy