Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MY LIFE AND BODY Transformation HAS STARTED!!! ReBORN June 1ND 2010 !!!!

Hello fellow Sleevers I had my surgery in Tijuana Mexico and everything went very well.

my pre op weight was 279 and lost 10 pounds on the pre op diet in five days but I know that's normal for me when I'm a low-carb diet due to the glycogen being burned from my body

I had my operation scheduled for June 2 but they had an cancellation and got at done on June 1 3:30 PM Pacific standard Time. there were the other fellow Canadian who just got it done. So I was pleased that I got to meet him and talk to about the procedure. all of the Drs.. were amazing

also the nurses were very kind.

I was afraid of not being totally asleep during the surgery I told the candy Man that a.k.a. anesthesiologist because I have a high tolerance to drugs anyways he gave me a couple of Valium to calm me down I didn't think they were really working anyways they must have just fallen asleep all of a sudden the next thing I know I was out of the the operating room in the ICU dozing in and out but I was fine next thing I remember I was in my Pvt.room with five keyhole incisions nothing really hurt at all but I was on some pain meds the worst part was the drain and the catheter trying to sleep was very hard for me and I started developing a lot of back pain and was very sore you can't give me a lot of pain meds but my back was always still hurting anyways I didn't sleep any time much that night the doctor next day removed my catheter that was a blessing I got to have a shower to clean all my wounds I felt much better the next day I was walking around a lot and doing my breathing exercises to get rid of the gas got into bed again got better sleep that night but I really hate that drain later in the afternoon the doctor did the third leak test everything went very well and I got the drain removed it was a little painful but well worth it a lot of my pain subsided immediately after removing the drain I think it must've been playing with the nerve or my immune system didn't like it and that's why it having a lot of back pain anyways I was discharged and went to the high-end hotel in Tijuana right beside the clinic so my safety was assured. One of the doctors took me to the pharmacy to buy prescription medication I asked her if I could buy a juice she said yes you can so I bought an apple juice had a couple sips and everything went down okay I was very happy anyways got to the room

tried to rest my maybe got a couple winks anyways went downstairs to the very nice Mexican restaurant in got some chicken broth with some strands of chicken in its but that was fine everything was being held in very nicely my stomach was not upset walked around the facilities and stores anyways went back to my room and watched some TV and got on the Internet to check obesity forms that night I really got a got add good sleep next day

I walked out of the hotel up to the Mariette and back no problems there were a lot of police forces out on the street I felt safe. founded yellow and black taxi and went around town to pick up some souvenirs. I got some T-shirts and a really nice Mexico belt cool design. i didn't really feel hungry at all had more juice and some beef broth. Anyways had a really good day next day I was on a plane heading back to Canada

I didn't really have any pain that day at all and wasn't taking any pain meds

Next day on Monday I started working I have a sitdown job

anyways the rest of the week has been really good making different types of Soup and having Protein shakes and yogurt and other liquids I feel full all the time and I never have gotten a headache since surgery never in my life when I was dieting I always got headaches must have something to do with the hormones from the stomach

I'm taking some nano liquid multivolume supplements

and other supplements they gave me a really good start to the morning.

also I use an infrared sauna that makes me sweat like a pig I know that pigs don't sweat.

anyways it's Wednesday and I am down to 261

I'm going to try to lose half a pound a day due to a pound of fat equals 3500 calories that I try to keep it to 1500 calories or less and then using my infrared sauna burn 300 to 500 calories

I go in the sauna for an hour to an hour and a half at 70 Celsius and he gives me a good cardio workout after I've healed up more I'll use my whole vibration machine to do some toning up and use my Bow flex machine. so I can become a slim boy toy!!

Well thanks fellow humans for all your help you've been a great encouragement in getting this surgery and he had a lot of information that I needed.

Good for you for making the decision. Becareful not to over do it with the Sauna so soon after having surgery. I wish you all the best on your journey to find a healthier you! B)

It sounds like your doing great!!!! It'll get better and better and soon you'll be a real boy toy!!

Take it easy and follow all the doctor's orders. You'll do great!

I'm with Ouroborous on this one... take it carefully and don't over do things too much, but I'm sure you'll be seeing fab results really quickly.

Congrats on being sleeved

Kathy

Good for you for making the decision. Becareful not to over do it with the Sauna so soon after having surgery. I wish you all the best on your journey to find a healthier you! :blush:

Let me rephrase this for you Papillon: STAY OUT OF THE SAUNA!!!! :) The last thing you need to be doing post-op is sucking the hydration out of your body when all you can do is sip, sip, sip. Save that for the past 6 week phase when most of us are cleared for strenuous exercise.

Thanks for sharing your story. I was thinking that you should stay hydrated. You will lose weight with the sleeve so the sauna is probably not necessary this early. Post some pics at some point so we can Celebrate your progress. I'm still going through the 6 month supervised diet. this is my 2nd month. I expect to have surgery in late October, early November 2010.