Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

I hope everyone had a great Christmas holiday. I sure enjoyed mine, my husband did the sweetest thing, he and our oldest daughter went to the mall and had their picture drawn together and framed for me, its so cute and sweet it brought tears to my eyes. I didn't enjoy the Christmas feast much though, its tradition in my family to have giant lobster tails and prime rib, well I couldn't really eat either one, especially the lobster :) it bummed me out a little. What I could eat though, and I ate plenty of was all the christmas goodies. Im going to do like Stephanie and do shakes for 2 meals per day starting Jan. 1, I want to get below 170 by my 30th birthday in June. When I get below 170 I don't feel like a fat person anymore. I am so craving that feeling of normalcy again!!

Leona, I think the sugar daddy idea is a good one btw!! lol

HI ALL!!!

First, longggggggggggg time no check in. December has been mad crazy.

Stephanie...you know your reply to me really helped so much. I started following along with your way of eating and yep...it worked. I am a slowwwwww loser but the key word is loser! I am down a little bit more. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. You are such an inspiration with your incredible weight loss. I guess you and Beth are our Julyster's angels because you are so constant with your posts and advice and support.;) ;) :) :bananajump: :bananajump: :Banane10: :Banane34:

My DH and I traveled to my family in Georgia and I really did well with the eating. Cute story: my Mom is almost blind and when I tucked her in bed the first night she said you know when I hugged you today you feel smaller. I told her I had lost weight and she was so happy for me. I had not told her about my surgery because she unfortunately has stroke induced dementia/sundowners so she would worry obsessively about me. Anyway....that touched my heart that she could feel the dif!!

Oh and one more NSV- I haven't bought clothes since surgery because I wanted to wait for smaller sizes. I saw a precious Christmas sweater and could not resist. BUTTTTTTTTT...the 5x was too large. Wow. I was so happy to "re-visit" a 4x!!

Happy New Years dear fellow bandsters and God Bless!!! May our year be filled with great days and smaller bodies!!!!!

Ruthie

(and please say hi someone!!!! I know I have been away but would love a hug!)

hi ruthie

good to hear from you it has been a looong time! glad you are losing i'm a very slow loser but as you say key word is loser!!!!

hugs to you

susan

hi all! Hugs ruthie!

congrats on the nsv's! i have finally gotten to 50 lbs. my goal was 60 by christmas but 50 is good! i think i put some on over the last week. not too much but we'll see when i go back to school on the 2nd. i weigh myself on the nurse's scale.

my mom's 75th birthday is in feb and i am flying to see her. i will try to jump start my weight loss by going back to liquids or oatmeal for Breakfast. my doc reminded me at my last appt that oatmeal or 1 egg will stick with me longer than liquids for breakfast so i will try it. i am also going to stick to mushy meat for lunch. then reg for dinner with less carbs which seems to help. maybe i can lose 20 by mid feb???? it;s a little high but shoot for the stars and reach the moon!

Happy new year all!

Hello July 2006 Band Crew. While I am not new to LBT, this is the first time I have posted in the July 2006 Band Crew thread. I just wanted to say hello and wish everyone a fabulously new and THIN 2007.

Keep up the good work everyone!

- Lynn

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

I hope you all are having a great time this evening. I am at home stuck here watching the ball drop with nothing else to do. My hubby is being a stick in the mud tonight and he is no fun. I am so glad that he goes back to work on Tuesday. I got my house semi-clean so it won't be so bad to wake up to in the morning. Now that you know my plans for this evening tell me what you guys are up to tonight?

Sherri you should be getting something in the mail soon. Hi Jane and a welcome to Lynn. I hope you all are ready for a loser of a year in 2007. I dedicate the year to losing weight. I don't like to make resolutions because I always break them so this year is just the year to lose weight. Well I got to go stop another cat fight. I will be glad when we get the baby kitten's claws out.

Beth,

Hello again. I, too, am staying in tonight. Just can't motivate myself to get out, I guess I'm a stick in the mud too! We've had a busy week. Went to see "Menapause" the play on Wednesday. Went skiing all day Thursday. And bowling and dancing last night. I'm mourning the end of Winter break.

One nice thing, only a week and a half til another long weekend, MLK b-day!

I had a great NSV today. I've been swimming every morning for the past few months, and my swimming suit is getting too big. When I flip over to do the backstroke, my suit tends to slip. I have to tie it so tight is hurts! Anyway, today we were at costco and I noticed they had swimming suits, so I bought a new one (dangerous since you can't try anything on) size 12. I brought it home and tried it on and it FIT! I'm very excited. My pants are a size 12 but I was worried that my whole body might not be a size 12.

so out with the old, in with the new! I am really looking forward to a whole new me this year! Not only losing weight, but being more active, having more energy, and trying new things.

My New Year's Resolutions

1. Lose at least 30 more pounds

2. Be active for at least 30 minutes 3 times a week

3. Try a new active sport (rock climbing maybe?)

WHAT are your resolutions?

Well day one of my not eating sweets anymore is going pretty good! Boy that addiction can grab at you quick!! I just want to go eat some Cookies and chocolate lol. I've gained a couple pounds over the holidays, less than I would have gained normaly though. But now im thinking about summer and my 30th birthday coming up and I really want to feel better sooner rather than later ya know? So im totally going to start posting more often and journaling again. I've fallen off the wagon but im dusting myself off and getting right the heck back on lol. Ive been working so hard lately and so many hours I haven't had time to exercise.. but thats going to change too. I really want to start doing something in the evenings. My problem is im so mentally exhausted by the end of the day at work its all I can do to fulfill my motherly duties when I get home lol. Do any of you all have small children and know what im talking about? I just feel like I have to keep up on laundry, my daughters homework, my babies needs to cuddle etc., I mean I want to do those things probably more than I want to be thin, so its hard to force myself to exercise. I just feel guilty. Anyways lol hate to be a downer I actually just wanted to post so I could see my new and refreshed but unchanged weight tickers lol. Hope you are all doing well. I hope everyone starts posting everyday!! I love the July group!!

Welcome back Kari,

I kind of know what you are talking about, although my little one is 15!

If I go home after work, I will get so caught up in everything that needs to be done at home, I won't exercise. I have to go straight to the club. Another thing you might try, although I don't know if it is even practical for you, is leaving for work an hour earlier and working out before you go to work. If your like me, working out in the morning sounds impossible, especially getting up earlier. I'm a real sleeper! But I have been doing it every morning since October 23rd now, and I'm really loving it.

Now I've got my hubby doing it. Today was the first day my youngest had to wake up to the alarm himself and get himself off to school with no adult supervision. His older brother is home from college til this weekend, but what help would he be?

Anyway, it worked, he got up and got himself off. So hubby and I both worked out 2 X today! From 5:30- 6:30 then got ready for work at the gym and went to work. Then we met there again after work from 330-430.

I'm proud of my hubby 'cause he is getting back on track. he gained 9 lbs over the holidays, but now he is ready to rock that band!

Hope everyone is ready to start the new year right!

Stephanie, how was your first day back at work. Mine was great, except the fire alarm kept going off for some unknown reason. Luckily we didn't actually have to leave, but the noise was quite annoying!

Have a great night everyone.

Thanks Jane for writing back to me :) I would consider leaving early but my husband would not know how to get both our daughters ready by himself lol. One is 6 years and the other is 8 1/2 months, and I don't know why this is but everytime he tries to pick out their clothes he finds the smallest outgrown mismatched stuff in their closets to put on them lol. I don't think he'd go for me leaving him to fend for himself in the mornings. But I am thinking about leaving work an hour early each day and going to a health club. I'm pretty sure within a month that will be a possibility for me. I soooo wish that I had the selfconfidence to wear a swimsuit in public as I love the Water but truth be told even when I was thin I was overly modest. But the gym I can do. Thanks for your words of support and encouragement!! Im back to my before holiday weight, actually 1/2 a pound below it.. yayy. Hope I see the 180's soooooon! Thats awesome that you and your hubby are doing this together, not only will you both cute as can be, you'll have an even better marriage too! WTG!

Y'all, I am happy to announce the passing of my 51st pound lost---I'm so glad to say that I am now finally a member of the 50+ club! I'm down 3 sizes & can proudly say that I'm in a 22 (there was a time in my life when being that size would've embarrassed the hell out of me..)

:whoo: :wow2: :cheer2:

:)

All the best to everyone this new year & in the months & years to come...we're off to a great start!

glitter_maker_01_03_2007_18_50_08_28456.gif

:kiss2: Hey all!

I'm seeing lots of other groups are having Valentine's challenges, like losing a certain amount of weight by Valentine's Day.

Would you all like to have a challenge?

How about if everyone decides how much they want to lose by Valentine's Day and we see how we do? It'll give us a reason to create a new ticker too! Okay, so it"s about seven weeks til Valentine"s day I want to lose 15 lbs, so

My challenge is to move from 163- 148! by February 14, 2007.:faint:

Beth,

Your such a sweetie. I got the best goodies in the mail yesterday. OMG, are you a awesome cook. I've got you a little something coming too. You are such a wonderful friend. I haven't been on much, I've suffered to death with these kidney stones and guess what. Yesterday I finally passed it. It's over 1/2 inch long and has like cucaburs all over it. No wonder I was suffering. Thank you so much for the goodies. I did let my husband have one and he said, is she married? I smacked him real good. LOL.

Hope your having a great New Year. I told you I wouldn't stay at 212. I weighed 215 this morning. That really sucks. Oh well, I guess I'll have to kick in into high gear.

Love ya girlfriend,

Yes, lets have a Valentine's day goal. I missed Christmas's goal bigtime. I will be more conservative this time around. Let's see, I say I'll be at 205 by Valentines Day. That's my goal.