Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

I had a good day today too! Back at work and a coworker told me that my face was slimming way down. Another friend of one of my sons didn't even know who I was until I announced my name to the group I was teaching! How exciting. I pulled some size 14 capris out, but they are still a little tight and I wasn't brave enough to wear them, so I went with a skirt.

I have lost 23 lbs but am still wearing the same size 16 I did before. Makes me wonder how tight they must have been (yuck) without me even realizing it!

Hubby is Mr. Druppy drawers, he is down 40lbs. Oh, to lose like a man does (not that I would want to be a man, just lose like one)

I knew going back to work would be hard on the Water intake, and the kids aren't even back yet. I've only drank about 20 oz so far today. Gonna try an push a bunch before dinner.

We are having Garlic and Herb Talipia (from Walmart), Parmesan noodles, and salad. Yummm!

What are people eatting for Breakfast? Today I made oatmeal, but it is really hard to eat on the run.

Everyone, keep up the great work. Sounds like every one is doing really well today.

Hi Everyone: I had a good day. I am making normal tacos for DH tonight and I am going to use lettuce leaves to wrap a taco for me or just go salad style. I am excited. Pitiful isn't it......excited over food. Guess that was one reason I got to the point of needing a band!!!!

For anyone who have read my posts about my DH and replacing his caregiver just a note that we interviewed an agency today that I think will work. Yea.

For the person who was asked if they had lost weight I laughed to myself. Yesterday at the pool party in the pouring raining that we attended someone overheard me talking about my surgery. She asked is it working??? Thanks. LOL. People are odd. Today in the grocery store (buying healthy fresh salmon and scallops of course!!!!) a friend came up behind me to say hi and "boy you've lost weight". Now that's more like it...lol. I am a super-sized loser so I know it will take a lot more weight off to see a difference. But I appreciated the compliment.

All you school folks who are starting school or have started...have a great healthy year!!!! I start next week....NOT ready mentally!!!!!

Ruthie

Banded 7-11-06

Dr. Bertha/St. Clare's Hospital

Dover, NJ

"My life is but a weaving....."

Greetings All! I made it through my first day back to work - I saw a hand full of teachers and most of the support staff. I shared my news with one teacher whom I became pretty close with last year and she was so very excited for me. I found out another teacher was supposed to have had the band surgery before we headed back to school as well. My boss knew I was having it and we had been in touch through the summer. He said I looked good :) Others may have noticed, but didn't say anything and I don't expect everyone to anyway. Then right before I left I saw the main secretary and she commented right away about how good I looked. I could tell she knew. I asked her if she knew what I did. She said she knew I was going to and that I obviously had done it. She said she was happy for me. She has been fighting cancer, so my wls is pretty minimal in importance and I recognize this.

I'll see more people through the week. The students start next week. It was a good first day back :confused:

Hi all, had my first fill today. Went well and the PA at my docs office did a great job. I have a "standard" band and was filled 1.3cc. I get the idea I may need another fill as I'm told and have read usually the first fill doesn't do much...but I"m hoping it does :-) Also, as I was leaving the office the PA said, "see you in two weeks" I"ll let you know what happens.

MDG

congrats on the nsv's all! :)

ruthie - i'm with you, not ready for school to start next wk, at ALL!

i'm wondering...how much wt do you have to lose for someone to say something? i've lost 25 lbs and everyone knows i had sx, i rarely keep my mouth shut and everyone commented on my tan...my friggin tan!?! which is very good by the way considering i am a ghost most of the time, but i digress, my pants barely fit and my shirts are loose and noone has said one word, granted i am a supersized bandster but gooodness, just 1 wow! would be nice! thaks for letting me vent! and congrats to you all who are getting positive feedback!

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if I misheard and it is really

1.6 instead of .6. I might call to find out. I have another scheduled

for Sept 21 - 4 weeks from the first fill. I also see my doctor next

week and I am going to ask him. I am restricted in the morning and I

just started mushy foods so I will just have to see. I know my stomach

isn't growling like it was before my first fill and lunch keeps me full

for a very long time so maybe it did something. I really wasn't hungry

last night at dinner. My doctor did tell me that if I cannot tell a

difference in about 1-2 weeks then to call and schedule another. He said

it is more of an art than a science in getting them just right. It was

also my first fill so maybe they were cautious. I appreciate your

response.

Dezadoo - don't worry, the compliments will come :D I know when you are feeling good and noticing in the mirror that you're starting to look different, you expect people to say something. I'm that way - In my mind I'm thinking, "H-E-L-L-O! I'm looking different here!!" Don't get discouraged. One day you'll blow them all away and it will feel great!

Semi Update.

Just bought size 40 pants two weeks ago, they are already falling off (didnt even get a chance to wear one of the pairs I bought).

Buying some 38's next weekend.

I started in size 44's which were pretty tight.

I visited my personal trainer for the first time since surgery and she was amazed at the amount lost. She thought that I was a gastric patient and even said that I'm losing faster than most gastrics.

First week of school is down and life is great. My self-confidence has reached record highs and I'm a lot more social around people.

My shoulders are a little sore from the exercise, but other than that I'm having a hard time avoiding a parties and drinking (1 gram of alcohol has 7 calories, that is double what carbs and Proteins are), and the primary drink of the college student is Beer which I do enjoy but wont drink due to the high calories and the carbonation effect of the fermentation.

I'm scheduled to take do some structured interviews and tests with a psychologist to see if I have AADD. I've been the person people come to for help with Math/Sci/History all my life, and yet I can't get above a C (from Jr. High to Current College). There is a lot more to it that I won't get into here, but I'm hoping I can figure out everything and hopefully figure out ways to improve myself mentally, now that the physical aspect is going full-throttle.

Arcael - congrats on the NSV! It's great that you've been meeting with a personal traininer as well. Regarding your testing, I'm proud of you for taking them. Working on the mental aspects of your life is just as important as the physical ones. I was seeing a psychologist before I started pursuing getting the band because of an overbearing boss I had. Now I am learning that a lot of my issues that I have are related to the physical person I have become. I will continue to see her monthly to work on my depression issues. If you are indeed diagnosed with AADD, then you'll be able to learn tools to help you live with the disorder and succeed.

:clap2: Good for you!

Deckedout asked about breakfast - I've tried a couple new things in the last week. I bought a couple SlimFast High Protein Bars to keep in my purse for those days that I run off forgetting to eat breakfast or when I need something healthy in a pinch. I was eating oatmeal, scrambled eggs with cheese, cottage cheese, or a Protein Shake. I really like Cereal in the morning and my nutritionist recommended the Kashi Go Lean cereals. I tried it today and it was pretty good. Another added benefit with this cereal is that it is higher in Fiber than most items I eat and I think it helped me drop another pound today if you know what I mean.

Not to be gross, but has anyone else noticed a change in bowel movements? I'm trying to figure out if it's just me or not. I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and used to have BM's (diahrea actually - ok, now I am being gross - sorry if I offend anyone) every time I ate - 5 or 6 times a day usually. Now, I don't even always have a BM every day and it's mostly normal again. Is it just me or has this changed for anyone else? I am very thankful for the change in my case!

Im so glad everyone is getting NSV's! Yayyy for us julysters. Dezadoo, you got an nsv too but just didn't know it. When people are complimenting you about your tan its because you are glowing and looking healthier!! Im pretty certain of this. My husband pointed out that people don't always notice size but they do recoginize health and vibrance!

Im glad too that everyones first days back at work went well. I just want to report that my five day challenge to myself to not have any sugar is going well. Im staying on track! No sugar today.

Well everyone is bragging on themselves I want to too. I worked out on my gazelle tonight for 20 minutes. I had a good eating day. Everything went down with no pain. I got the kitchen cleaned up finally and I am heading off the the store tomorrow. I can not go to bed knowing that I did something productive today. GO ME!!!

:clap2: Yea for everyone and their good days, NSVs, veiled compliments (I agree with Kari on that one Dezadoo.....you look good and people notice it....so if they miss the mark so be it....you are shining through sistah and that is what matters) and Arcael you are doing just great!!! Congrats to you for getting ownership of your health!!! You are young and will probably be able to avoid a whole host of health issues later in life!!!

We July 2006 folks are rocking!!!!! :biggrin1:

Chat room was fun last night...it was so busy!!!! Let's do it again!!!!

It's pouring here but my spirits are up. This rain is getting oldddddd.....and probably we will get some Ernesto residuals....great!!!!

Anyway- it's a good day to be alive and maybe, just maybe tomorrow when I see my cute little short surgeon (I am major tall so everyone is short to me..lol) he will ok a fill. I had hoped to be down 50 by tomorrow and it ain't gonna happen but I have decided NO MORE games. No starving the day before for a good weigh-in the next day. No Water pills so my weight will go down. I am what I am. I weigh what I weigh. Good, bad or ugly. That in itself is a big thing for me. I feel my entire life I have been playing the game for the scale in the doctor's office. No more.

Hugs to all :) .....Ruthie

congrats karik on the no sugar! that's a tough one but you can do it!

baylormom - i LOVE my gazelle! i wish we had enough room to put mine back up! the furniture we bought takes up the whole room! :) i found that if i did it while watching tv i barely thought about it and ended up doing about 45 min/nite! good luck!

how did you guys find a personal tainor, my gym is the y and i don;t think they have anyone...

the chat last nite was fun!