Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Congrats, coach! it amazes me how different our diets are right after sx. i am on a liquid diet, broths, blended Soups, Jello, pudding, Protein Drinks, etc. for 4 weeks then i go on a puree, ground diet. 1 wk down, 3 to go for liquids, but god, i want pizza!

Oh How I long for pizza!! My wife keeps eating all the good stuff. I sat in the drive thru at McDonalds last night pure torture!! I did not get anything and when we got home I went for a long walk while she ate!! My diet is close I am just kinda sticking with my protien drinks because they are confortable to me because I have been on them for 5 months lol.

I haven't gone yet. The doctor told my hubby that unless I am throwing up and having severe pain that it is probably just acid reflux. I don't think so but it kept me from going to Dallas at least tonight. I am supposed to see how it is tomorrow and then we will see. I felt nauseated a little after I tried to eat something but it went away so I think I am fine. I will write tomorrow and let you know how I am feeling. I am going to take it real easy until Monday and then go to the doctor here in Fort Worth.

Beth

Well, I was in day surgery on Monday, the 31st. Had the IV in my hand; feet pointed toward the OR when the anesthesiologis asked me if I'd ever had a heart attack or any heart problems. I said No. It seems, he said, that my EKG was abnormal and he thought I should see a cardiologist. So, my band has been postponed. WAAAAA!!!!!

I'm seeing the cardiologist on Thursday, the 10th. Hopefully, this guy will read it quick and say, Oh, yeah, you have a heart murmur. DUH! I TOLD YOU THAT ON MONDAY!!!!

I was sooooo disappointed, but figure it happened for a reason.

So, please move me from the July band crew to August (hopefully). Will keep you posted.

Doris

1st band date: 7/31

weight: 261

now: 253

goal (personal): 155-160

Baylor - I had some MAJOR wrenching pains about 5 days or so after surgery. I t happened when I either tried to sit straight up or get straight up from a couch. Turns out it was the stiches in my stomache holding my band in place. I stopped having the horrible pain (when it happened I was seriously reduced to tears and holding my stomach - drama!) when I lid in bed for 2 days and took it really slow when I had to get up, I rolled to my left and slowly sat up, and slept in an almost sitting position.

I hope this helps and your band has not slipped. I feel for you if you have to go to the hospital - I do not want to see a hospital, IV, ER nurse,etc. for a very long time!

I was banded on july 17th so am nearly 3 weeks post op, I'm still off work have took an extra week as I'm finding it difficult to wear clothes especially a bra, anyone else having this problem? My port is in between my breasts, with most of my incisions at waist level..

Welcome to the July Band Crew!! I have not had any trouble with a bra, but I will say that I am not very big on top My port is lower closer to my incision on my waist (i think). I think that I can actually feel my port when I push in. 3 of my incisions are waist level or close and 1 is up near my bra line. I usually go braless at home and can actually get away with this outside of home depending on my top. Some people say to try a sports bra. Maybe that will be more comfortable.

Thanks KariK, perhaps is it the stress of overcompensating for my stomach muscles. I have noticed that at times I have been very tense while sitting so I have been making an effort to relax my lower back. It is better than the first few days so maybe as I am healing it will continue to get better.

Do any of you get sharp pains in your stomach area? Mostly after you eat somehting solid. I am experiencing that as well.

Beth

Baylor Mom, my doctor has me on a special diet for 4 weeks. First week clear liquids, second week creamy liquids, third week mushys, fourth week soft food. Have you checked with your doc about eating solids so soon? You don't say when you were banded so maybe you are much farther ahead in the healing process than I am. But considering the problems you've been having you shouldn't maybe be eating solids? You might want to check with your doctor.

I am sorry when I said solids. I meant soft foods. I was banded on the 12th and I had 2 weeks of liquids and 4 weeks of soft foods. That is what I am on now. Soft foods. Sorry I mislead you.

I'm still off work have took an extra week as I'm finding it difficult to wear clothes especially a bra, anyone else having this problem?

I'm still off work have took an extra week as I'm finding it difficult to wear clothes especially a bra, anyone else having this problem?

indianlight - i understand, don't wear underwires it hurts like hell. 2 of my incisions are near my braline. i have big boobs and they are healing slower, i think cuz the girls cover them when i am not wearing a bra.

Dezadoo, my advice is to keep air between your breasts and your incisions. The best way to do that is to keep cotton between them as it will help things breath. Go and buy a 100% cotton tank top to wear under your bra. It will feel a bit bulky but your incisions will heal faster. It will feel more padded and comfortable. You might also need to buy a bigger band and cup size bra until your swelling goes down. My bra was pushing on my stomach and I bought one full cup size larger and it really fixed the problem.

I went and bought sports bra's, they are so comfortable... I boutgh them because I had see several post about the incisions being up towards the boobs, but mine are all real low??? But I wear the bra's anyways!!! lol