Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Hi everybody!

I got my loan confirmed today. It covers about 80 percent of my surgery. I guess it's gonna happen! Either that or I owe more people more money :) (See my post in lapband lounge for more info on that)

Just wanted to share. THanks everyone for being there for me, especially time to love me. I really needed you last night and you were great!

I can chat any time day or night!

As long as I do nto miss my reality shows!!:embarassed:

BGP

I too am a total reality tv nut. Thank god I have TIVO!!!!Ok so treasure hunters is on monday, big brother, super nova, and last comic standing on tuesdays, Weds Rockstar and so you think you can dance, Thursday-Big Brother and so you think you can dance And Friday- THERE IS NOTHING ON...... lol So how many people can do it friday at 7:00... (I know that might be party nite but 7 is early) Let me know!!! I am excited...

Hi everybody!

I got my loan confirmed today. It covers about 80 percent of my surgery. I guess it's gonna happen! Either that or I owe more people more money :) (See my post in lapband lounge for more info on that)

Just wanted to share. THanks everyone for being there for me, especially time to love me. I really needed you last night and you were great!

Yeah!!!!!! Just think you can pay that loan off with all the money you save on food... lol congrats...(it will soon be our turn)

I am embarassed to say this, but because I knew I would be resting alot and have loads of downtime, I actually purchased the package to watch Big Brother online!! Am too lame for words!

But Fridays are bad and I have TIVO too, so any other day would work por moi!

One of my best girlfriends subscribes to BB live feed... I thought about it, but then I didn't. I am, however, totally addicted to the show! I watch every summer!

Hey everybody my surgery is tomorrow at 7:30 a.m., wish me luck cause I'm really nervous. I have to be there at 5:30 a.m., so probably won't even sleep tonight. I thought today would never come, but here I am, with a big headache from the pre-op diet. Anyway, say a little prayer for me. I'll report back as soon as I feel up to posting after coming home. I will spend one night at hospital. Will be released on Wednesday 7/12, according to doctor.

GRACIE - Good luck and I will keep you in my thoughts!!

Thanks BigGirlPantiez, looks like your surgery is days away also. It comes around so fast.

Has anybody heard from Sherri and Amy? or Tracey?

Hello All!

I am back in the USA. Everything went fine. So, I guess the surgery was uneventful. It is really weird how people's post-op experiences are so different. There were 8 people in for surgery with me and we all had different pain, nausea, gas, sleeplessness, etc....Strange.

But for me I had a lot of nausea on the first day as well as vomiting (just bubbly saliva, sorry if that is too gross). Some gas pain on the first day, but I slept well.

<O:p

On the second day the gas was gone, but then I could feel some pain in the center of my abdomen as well as at the port site. And it was still a little hard to sit up. <O:p

But each day has been better. And now I hardly remember any of the bad parts. Also, I have barely used any of the painkillers.

And the good news....<O:p

The day before surgery I was down to 213.2. Today, down to 207! -6.2lbs in 5 days makes the liquid diet a lot more tolerable. Actually today is the first day that I felt a little hungry. <O:p

So that is my story. I have to admit that as they were wheeling me to the OR, I was a bit weepy and thinking to myself "this is crazy, am I really in MEXICO getting a surgery?" But it was really not that bad and I do not want any of you to be scared! It will be over before you know it.

Best wishes!

Olive

Gracie, I just got back from Mexico and it was not that bad! Don't worry!

Olive

I'm glad to hear you did so well and back home. I hope I do as well as you did. Thanks again.

July 11 - marlluvia

July 11 - ubermom1

Hey you two!!! Best of luck to you tomorrow. I hope you have a uneventful surgery... and a speedy recovery. Prayers will be sent your way from today all the way through your recovery.

Marlluvia.. I'm sorry to hear that you have a headache, I get Migraine headaches all the time.. and I'd rather be punched in the face over and over.. than feel the pain from the migraine. Try taking some tylenol PM, it may relax you. Take Care..

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Tricia

Hello July Bandsters!

I was banded July 26th 2004 so July has always been a special month for me!

Congratulations to you all!

Tricia

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks for your support, Tricia.. BTW Congrats on your weightloss!!! Good for you.. keep up the good work.

Liz... Glad to help you out, that is what we are all here for. I'm sure I'll be needing you all, as my time gets closer. Keep your chin up:girl_hug: and congrats on the loan approval.

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by oktwigs

I'll be banded by Dr. Ortiz on July 27th. Anyone else?

Janice

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hi Janice, I'm not getting banded in Mexico, but I am being banded on the 27th of July. There are a few more people who are also getting banded that day!! Congrats to you.

About the Chat room.. I can do nights as well, EST.. I have a 2 year old that I put down around 8:30. So even if you all start.. I can always jump in later. Let me know. I'll use TIVO to record my fav. shows. Although, I still can watch them while I'm chatting. We tried doing this on another thread one time, and it lasted two nights. Let's try to stick to it. We'll get to know each other so much better, IMO.

:clap2:

I'm a little late coming to the party!. I was banded July 5th. So far, so good! One of my incisions is still a little tender when I move, cough, or bend over, but the rest don't really hurt at all. Today was my first day without the pain meds, but I probably could have stopped taking them yesterday. (I was just afraid of the possibility that there would be any pain.) Right now I'm dying for something substantial to eat, but I know it's not because I'm actually hungry. (But, so help me God, it they show one more commercial for a cheeseburger or a KFC Mashed Potato Bowl, I'm going to go insane!) I go see the nutritionist in 2 days, so I'm hoping she'll tell me I can start eating mushies by the end of the week. I just keep telling myself that all this liquid stuff is temporary and life will be much better in just a couple weeks. But it would really help if the scale would start cooperating again. When I was on my 10 day pre-op liquid diet, I lost 13 pounds. Since surgery, I haven't lost anything. I'm hoping that's temporary too. Tomorrow I plan on walking on the treadmill, so I'm sure that will help the matter.

Congratulations to all those who have recently joined the club, and good luck to all those who will be joining soon!