Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone eat Beans during the mushies? I am thinking pureed black bean Soup, navy bean soup, etc.... Too many carbs? I am liking the Fiber in them. Also, speaking of fiber, what about putting benefiber in your drinks etc while on clears to get some added fiber? OK, maybe I am obsessing about the fiber......

omgosh!!!

I loved having baby white bean Soup while on mushies!!!

I also loved refried Beans from Taco Bell!!!

Except..... one time I ate too much and really paid for it!!!

LOL!

I didnt worry too much about the carbs in them as I really wasnt eating all that much anyway.

I would take the Great Northern white beans (we call them baby whites) Boil them with a bunch of garlic and an entire onion, add a couple of chix boullion cubes. Towards the end maybe the last 45 min or hour add a few carrotts and a potato or two chopped up small.

Salt Pepper to taste and oh my gosh yum!!!

makes me want it right now!!

Twas my favorite!!!

Edited by happyslvr
typo

Sounds yummy. My doc says black bean Soup in the mushy stage is a good thing. That and lentil soup.

I too had refried Beans when my menu plan said I could have black Beans. I didn't have a good ready source of black beans so I went for it. The refried beans are the only thing I've gone astray with and I was only eating about 400 cal per day even with the beans. I had absolutely no problem with them the first time I tried them but the second time I couldn't eat as much - only about 2 ozs. But they were absolutely wonderful.

I watched Barefoot Contessa make lentil Soup that looked awesome. Maybe I'll try making some of that and freezing some for a few weeks down the road.

Today I was allowed salmon and although I couldn't eat much it was absolutely the best thing I believe I've ever had. And I'm not much of a fish person. Let's revise that I USED to be not much of a fish person. I'm changing my ways!!

I bought a variety of Beans yesterday and am looking forward to all the yummy bean dishes that I am going to enjoy. I am now in the mushy stage and could not be more excited. :001_smile:

Today I am going to mix Beans with a little cottage cheese and shredded cheese. Once warm I am going to top it with sour cream and guacamole. Everything will be smooth without chunks and of course it will be a very small portion.

Tomorrow I am having lentil Soup. :drool5:

I am so excited to be eating real food! I was so tired of liquids already.

Ok I went to out to lunch with the man about half an hour ago and ordered a cup of clam chowder. I ate about a fourth of it and felt fine at first. Now I feel really yukee. I only had like one or two pieces of clam. I think the whole thing was just too rich. Ugh! No pain or anything like that. Just an overall feeling of wantiing to lie down.

I had refried Beans last night for my first soft food meal. It was heaven. They went down like a dream and I was actually able to eat a good lot of them, maybe even 3 oz with a little cheese and greek yougart!!!!!

Soft foods here I come!!!!!!!!!

I'm doing great, thanks for asking bjean. I see your past the half way mark too. Good for you!!!! It feels great doesn't it. I really feel normal now... I just don't eat as much. I kinda laughed when I saw my post above. I was so excited to be able to slide in a few Beans. All those struggles are a memory now and I feel better than I ever have.

We're going to be at goal before you know it.

take care

stacey

It really is a great feeling! I woke up this morning down another pound. I am feeling pretty normal too. I look at the scale though and know that to be my real self, I still need to get the rest off. I will be so happy when I can wear a petite size 8. That is where I should be for my bone size and height.

After I had my second child, I weighed 162 lbs. I still have the chart I kept when I worked my way back down to 110. I don't expect to be that small but I am sure that if I get to 130, I'll look nearly as good and be healthier and more energetic. One goal is to go skiing this winter. It's been many years since I've been able to ski. Do you have any goals like that or are you just keeping focused on your weight goal?

I'm actually trying not to focus on the weight. I have been obsessed with that stupid number for my whole life. Last month I went the whole month without weighing... it was glorious. I want to be a size 8 too. I'm pretty tall so I think anything smaller might not work for me. We'll see. I have never ever been a size 8. I got down to a 10 one time in the 90's but I was kinda living the rock and roll lifestyle and probably wasn't very healthy.

I have wanted my whole life to go scuba diving. I even have vivid dreams where I can breath under Water. I have never gone though because I'm just too humiliated.... but I could see myself doing it next summer.

What a great new life we have !!!!!

Keep up the great work

Not weighing everyday is smart. I didn't weigh once during my vacation - two whole weeks! And I was thrilled to find that I'd lost about 5 lbs. So I definitely see the merit in not weighing so often. But I am trying to learn what foods and exercise cause the best results and when I see the scale move down even a few ounces I consider it a huge success. I've lived for so long either not weighing or when I did weigh, it was nearly always showing a weight gain, not a loss.

I've always wondered about scuba diving. It seems like it would be magical. But I haven't felt comfortable in a swimsuit for so long I just never even considered doing it. I know you'll get the opportunity and I hope that it's everything you dreamed it would be.

Let's both keep up the good work!!

Scuba diving is great, really recommend it. I learnt on my honeymoon a million years ago and had to stop because of the weight and fitness issues. I have dived since the op and it was fine. Am looking forward to doing the great Barrier reef in Austarlia this Christmas, fingers crossed.

Jane x