Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Canadian Forum for Canadians only?

Hi...I'm just curious...

Does it bother any fellow Canadians that a lot (it seems the majority sometimes) of people who post in the Canada forum are actually non-Canadians and not living in Canada?

Don't get me wrong (as I'm sure some people will..but whatcha gonna do?) I'm not saying they shouldn't post or that it even bothers me...I'm just curious if it raises an eyebrow on anyone.

I guess I just wonder why some even bother looking (let alone posting) in the Canadian forum when LBT has forums that cover all bases....I'm all for everyone sharing everything regardless of where they are from...but sometimes when I come here looking for Canadian specific things I get answers from Americans (or whoever) who think they know what they are talking about and don't (when it comes to Canadian specific stuff...ie. they don't know what OHIP is etc etc). It can be frustrating at times.

I also hope that the Canadian forum never takes on the meaness or negativity that has occurred in the main LBT forums. I'd like to think that we are above that type of bickering and so far so good! yayyy! This is one of the reasons I'm taking a hiatus from the main boards for now....but hope to still come for support (& give back) on the Canadian page!

True North Strong and Free!!!

Everyone keep up the great work!!!!:)

I'm not a Canadian and have no opinion on the matter, but I'll bet it's due to the fact that lots of people only click on "New Posts" and don't even consider which section things are in when they go to post on an interesting thread. That's one of the downsides of that feature--the forum "lines" tend to get blurry.

I'm not a Canadian and have no opinion on the matter, but I'll bet it's due to the fact that lots of people only click on "New Posts" and don't even consider which section things are in when they go to post on an interesting thread. That's one of the downsides of that feature--the forum "lines" tend to get blurry.

That's a great point Alexandra....I never even considered that could be what is happening...you've probably nailed it for the vast majority! Tks for pointing that out; it might explain a lot.

:)

I find it interesting too Yoda! I know what you mean about some of the advice - for example: I went to 12 or 15 pharmacies to inquire about liquid Tylenol - they all said oh sure and took me right to the children's acetaminophen! I specifically asked in EVERY pharmacy for liquid adult tylenol - they said without exception - no way they don't make that. So I had to get someone to get it for me from the states!! I did get some though. Same thing goes for gravol - what I ended up getting was children's and the two bottles I bought will probably do for about 6 or 7 doses since you have to take so much more as an adult.

Another example is the Protein - there seems to be so many brands in the US - the Isopure - the Isopure vials with pure Liquid Protein - that you could add to almost anything - and I hear lots about Unjury- now perhaps you can get some of these things in the city but where I am from it is non-existant.

I am going to bandland in just 3 more sleeps!!!

Hey Jude....(hehe...get it.....hums quietly to self...)...

Yes, that is one of the things I meant. BTW, I had the same problem with the liquid tylenol and liquid gravol. I ended up getting children's liquid tylenol and maaaaan, was it yummy!! Some grape flavoured stuff...and yep, I drank it down pretty quick since you have to take so much to get an adult dose; my 3 bottles didn't last to long!!!! Good thing it was yummy. It was the same with the liquid gravol. Yeah, and don't even go there with the Protein powder/drinks!!! LOL. I ended up buying the GNC brand at GNC (obviously) and am verrrry happy with it (I have the chocolate one and the bananna berry one).

3 more sleeps for you until bandland!??? EXCELLENT!!!!!!! 2 more sleeps until my first fill!!!!

Good luck on your big day; you'll do GREAT.

Of course not Donna....that is not what I meant and me thinks you know that!

Besides, I would miss my favourite pink lettered lady!

Yoda, I'm hibernating so I think that I will stick to posting in the Canadian forum during my self imposed exile. I do think that Alexandra is correct in her assumption as to why many non Canadians popst in the Canadian site.

It also appears that the Canadian forum is begginning to get some traction so I will hibernate here. It seems warm and cozy, there won't be as much noise and the bickering should be minimal. All and all a good place to hibernate.

Good Luck on Friday Jude, I am certain you won't regret your decision

Cheers

Yoda, I know what you mean. (my 'who were you banded by?" thread specifically!... drove me NUTS!!)

I had also concurred that it must be people clicking on the newest threads, and coming here not even knowing it's Canadian specific. Ahhh well...

Good luck Jude!

Mandi

I hear ya Tommy....yeppers....I'm in a self-imposed hiatus as well and hope the Canuck site continues to pick up some traction.

We can all be warm & cozy together! LOL

:confused:

I'm with you guys. I do love our southern friends, and have relied heavily on there great advice through-out. But some things just don't apply, example the tylenol thing, and ohip. Maybe it would help is we always added the word canadian in our thread titles?

The thing is...with the internet, there really aren't a lot of international boundaries that we have to cross. At least I didn't see any when I logged on.

I'd like to second the motion for mentioning Canada in our thread titles...

It will help everyone I think.

Now, I want to be very clear: WE DO LIKE OUR U.S. NEIGHBOURS, and they are not being discouraged from posting. We'd just like to make sure they know what they are posting on...and who they are talking to. N'est ce pas?

I think it will avoid alot of confusion IMHO.

I agree too - let's do that from now on! I'll change the names of the threads i've started, if I can.

I'd like to second the motion for mentioning Canada in our thread titles...

It will help everyone I think.

Now, I want to be very clear: WE DO LIKE OUR U.S. NEIGHBOURS, and they are not being discouraged from posting. We'd just like to make sure they know what they are posting on...and who they are talking to. N'est ce pas?

I think it will avoid alot of confusion IMHO.

Mais Oui!!!!