Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have surgery on th 21st of april in tijauana. Hospital the 21st 22nd and hotel on the 23rd. 24th 2 hrs to get accross the border then an hour at the airpot then a 2.5 hour flight home then a 1.5 hour drive (friend driving). How is this gonna be?

am I going to be able to do it? I assume I will because the doctor says I can.... how were you guys 3 days out?

Thanks

Stacey

I just did it 2 weeks ago (surgery on 3/22). I had no problem at the airport or during my 3 1/2 hour plane ride home. I was just so grateful to be feeing OK and going home to see my family. You should be fine. Good luck with your surgery and the trip.

thanks

It seems I come up with a new thing to freak out about every day. I just need to have the surgery already.

stacey

I didn't feel great on day 2, was nervous about the flight and thought about changing the flight times - but by Sunday morning, day 3, I was feeling fine and very excited to get home. I took a pain pill before getting on the plane as a precaution but didn't take any after that. I did splurge on a first class seat coming home and was very happy that I did! Was nice to have the extra room.

The only problem I experienced was tiredness....especially since it took 13 hours to travel from Tijuana to Dayton. (flight delay and extended layover) But, I didn't hurt at all. I kept a water bottle with me at all times and filled it up at Water fountains at the airport. I'm sure you'll get along great!

Hi, I just did this 11 days ago. I had a total of eight hours in air and 13 hours all together with layovers. I was worried also but I had no problems at all and I did not take anything. I was a little tired but I always am when I travel. You should be fine. Congrats. on your surgery!

Thanks for all your input guys. It really helps alleviate my fears.

should I get a wheelchair or cart? If it's not necessary I'd rather not. there is nothing I hate more in the wold than having extra attention.

Thanks

Stacey

Your doctor will tell you that walking will be good for you. I checked in my luggage and had only my purse to carry. I had plenty of time between connecting flights and was able to take my time getting from point A to point B. If you do get tired when walking to the gate, you can always flag down one of the courtesy carts to take you the rest of the way.

Definatly try to walk. I worried a little about blood clots so I walked allot in between flights. ( silly I know)

Definatly try to walk. I worried a little about blood clots so I walked allot in between flights. ( silly I know)

Blood clots were my biggest fear! I hardly even sat down before my flight - wanted to walk as much as possible. I did the leg stretches and foot circles during the flight.

When I changed my flight to an earlier time, I was able to get a non-stop. I felt very fortunate not to have the layover.

You will be fine. You won't set any records going through the airport (I know Sonia and I didn't going through San Diego airport)

Make sure you get Water in and most of all DO not lift anything more than about 10 lbs. Ask for help! Even when you first get home for the first two weeks. When I went grocery shopping for first two weeks I would flag down the guy collecting shopping carts in the parking lot and would ask him to please put my groceries in my trunk because I just had an operation. When I got home I got my boy to bring them in.

Don't lift your suitcase either get help!

All the best Russ!

Thanks russ....

I am already preping myself for getting up the nerve to ask a fellow passenger to put my carryon in the overhead. I know it seems silly but I hate hate hate to ask for help.

I guess I'm learning a whole new way to live

Stacey

I know what you mean... I felt weird when I asked the guy with the grocery carts to lift my bags in the trunk I had never, never done anything like that before...

Blessings Russ