Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's get this singles forum going!

It does make for a very good read huh?? He has supported me 100% through all of this, makes me love him more!

That's a terrific story. Across the street meant that you could really get to know each other and date before having to move half way across the country etc. :biggrin0: Lucky girl you are!

It is sometimes funny how people meet. My brother and his wife grew up in the same area, lived twenty minutes apart their whole lives and never ran into each other. Instead, how did they meet? They both took jobs in Saudi Arabia and met there. I guess if you are meant to be with someone, you will meet them, somehow, some way, somewhere.

Hi Lee

Yes isn't that just a great story!! I lived in one apartment complex and he lived in the one across the street. We gave up my apartment, after a while! Then we gave up his and we bought a home. Still love him!

That's a terrific story. Across the street meant that you could really get to know each other and date before having to move half way across the country etc. :) Lucky girl you are!

Yes Lan there is hope, and there are good men out there! Sometimes it just takes awhile to find them! Good luck to you!

Single and love it....but would someday also love to meet my soul mate! Your stories are inspiring.

Great idea! Being single at 54 definitely has its challenges. I've had one date in the last 3 years with someone I met on eharmony. His profile said that he was a "maintenance engineer"...Turned out that he plucked chickens for a living. Not only that, he was missing most of his teeth. Unfortunately, he thought "the chemistry was there." This was one time I didn't have any trouble being assertive.

That is funny. I knew right away you were from Lake City as that is where I am from. I live in Valdosta, and we are very similar to Lake City.

Congratulations on your weight loss.

wooo Katt Im in Jax... your really close.

Come on out of the woodwork...how many others are there from North Central Florida/South Georgia?

I had some bad experiences with people not looking like their pictures. I met one with no teeth as well. He was smiling with him mouth closed in his picture. I also met one who got really drunk when we went to dinner and then called me afterwards and was very degrading on the phone.

Fortunately, I have also met some very nice guys online too, including the one I am seeing now!

I met someone else through eharmony. We never got to the date stage...This guy said he was a photographer. A few pertinent questions revealed that he really wanted to be a photographer, but after driving around the country (unemployed) taking pictures, he had only two photographs that he actually liked. Man...I guess I'm just too picky. LOL

Katt, I'm surprised. Perhaps you have the wrong settings on eHarmony. That site has produced numerous leads, most of whom I rejected because of personal considerations, though they were remarkable women.