Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I am on the other side. I had a really rough night. I have a lot of nausia (sp) and am hte queen of burping - it is so lovely. I felt better at the hospital, but I thhink part ofit is I am off the Morphine drip - I miss that little fellow. My tummy is really swolen - looks like about 5-6 mos. prego. I will post a bit later, feeling puny, but I know I will be a bit stronger tomorrow. I did't feel up to driving to ausitn, so I am still in Dallas, but am hoping to head home tomorrow. Thanks so much for th e well wishes - YOu are the best. Talk tp you soon.

Thanks for the update Barbara. We were wondering about you. Sorry to hear you had a rough night. I promise it gets better.

Take care.

P.S. For awhile I could easily beat both my boys and my husband in a burp off. Not really something I was wanting the championship title for, but oh well.

YAH! I'm so glad to hear from you! And, it makes sense to stay put in Dallas for a bit. I promise after just a few days you will feel so much better. But, I can't promise the burping will end anytime soon. I'm still burping like a sailor with virtually every meal.

Take care of yourself, and get some rest!

I am having such a hard time geting the liquids in.So weird for me to say this. So far today I have had about 12 oz. I totally get why people like the bullet Protein so that you do not have to swallow as much volume. My left shoulder - actually the whole left side of my head - feels like it has been knifed. I will nap for a while and then it will get better. I am just believing that by Sunday, I will feel so much better. .... Talk to ya'll soon.

Glad you're on the other side now! Good thinking about the road trip. One bit of advice:

Go to a pharmacy and get an abdominal binder and cinch it up really good before you hit the road. The bumps and bounces of the road just sent me into orbit. The trip to Dr. Nick's office for the 1 week followup just about did me in. The only way I could tolerate it was to compress my left side while my wife drove me. The binder is one thing I definitely would have used if I had it to do over.

Get in your liquids and walk, walk, walk. The prego look goes away pretty quickly.

Barbara! CONGRATULATIONS! I know you feel crummy now, but it goes away quickly, I am only three weeks out and barely remember it.

The abdominal belt is a good idea for the car, remember what I told you about a pillow on the tummy under the seatbelt?

You are actually lucky you are burbing, I couldn't get any gas out for the first 3-4 days and it was awful, so the more you burb (etc) the better!

Keep moving around and sipping!

Hope to hear from you soon!

The binder really helps! I saved mine from when I had an abdominal hernia repair where I was supplied one in that hospital. I was not given one where I had the sleeve surgery so I used the one I had and it's adjustable with velcro. It really helped me for the first couple of weeks out from surgery.

Just want to send some good thoughts your way. I was sleeved just 5 days before you, so I can hear what you are saying loud and clear. Postop day 3 was the worst for me, and then it turned around. And that is more liquids than I could get in so Good for you! Can I ask what the bullet Protein is? I am determined to make a chewable Protein pill that tastes like flintsones after all the awful protein I am taking in!!!

Chin up and safe travels to you!!

Barb, one other tip: Gas-X strips. They really help with the rolling gas and burping. Get the peppermint flavor, the cinnamon tastes nasty (like the old Lavoris mouthwash). Put a couple of strips on your tongue and suck on them every couple of hours. Sandy says you can't overuse them, and they are a huge help.

i made it too but feeling rough too, Hard to get liquids in, burping too. I think some of that us the gas they blow you up with, Wish I knew if what I am feeling is normal, I got home today,

Edited by Deb

Way to go Barbann!!! Really good to have you check in. Sorry for your nausea. But sounds like you are heading the right direction.

I'm back home today as well. My first night was rough as I had a tube stuck down my nose into my stomach. Once they took that out it was much better. Biggest problem I'm having now is the difficulty in drinking much. 2 Oz seems like a huge amount. But I'm just working on it most of the day and probably have drank about 8-9 Oz. I actually love walking. It makes me feel better and does not hurt to do it. Walked two half miles today.

Look forward to the soreness of one of the incision sites going away. And getting rid of the drain bag next Tuesday. But so far all is well. No leaks in my post op test. So as long as I do my part of the bargain it looks like my surgeon did his.

So glad to have it behind me and can't wait for the next week or so to go by to experience the rapid improvements.

Happy New Year to you all!!!!

Glad your at your daughter's. Take your time going home - be sure to stop every 45 minutes to hour like Sandy tells you to, even if you don't think you need to. I didn't on Christmas day and was miserable when I arrived.

Gas-X chewables are good, too.

Hope you feel better tomorrow.

(((HUGS)))

Way to go Barbann!!! Really good to have you check in. Sorry for your nausea. But sounds like you are heading the right direction.

I'm back home today as well. My first night was rough as I had a tube stuck down my nose into my stomach. Once they took that out it was much better. Biggest problem I'm having now is the difficulty in drinking much. 2 Oz seems like a huge amount. But I'm just working on it most of the day and probably have drank about 8-9 Oz. I actually love walking. It makes me feel better and does not hurt to do it. Walked two half miles today.

Look forward to the soreness of one of the incision sites going away. And getting rid of the drain bag next Tuesday. But so far all is well. No leaks in my post op test. So as long as I do my part of the bargain it looks like my surgeon did his.

So glad to have it behind me and can't wait for the next week or so to go by to experience the rapid improvements.

Happy New Year to you all!!!!

Hey Longhorn - there you are! We were wondering about you too. Glad you are doing well. You will be able to drink more once the swelling in your tummy goes down a bit. Just remember: walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip (repeat).