Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My OUT OF CONTROL moment

I know this is weird, but I just wondered if I was the only one. The worst thing I think I've ever eaten was, fried chicken skin. Not on the chicken, but take off the chicken, egged, floured and fried, like pork skins, by it self.

Yeah that is the lowest of the low...but it was GREAT! I did that at least 3 times, along with eating the chicken I fried without skin.

Then I got a hold of myself and had to stop the insanity!!! that was MY WORST out of control moment. What's yours?

Going to Red Robin and getting a milkshake, drinking it all plus what was left in the silver cup, then eating my entire chicken sandwich and basket of fries, and then ordering a free refill of fries. I will never forget this meal...I was trying to comfort myself after receiving devastating news. I'm so happy not to be in that place anymore, I LOVE my sleeve (and my therapist:-).

A few years ago when I was dieting I bought some rice cakes to snack on. I was so sick of eating them plain though so I decided I would put some Peanut Butter on them. They were really good like that. So next time I thought I'd put some Peanut Butter on them, some slices of banana and some reeses peices and drizzle some chocolate and caramel over the top. It was so good but man did I feel like such a fat a$$ after that. I never did it again.

Oh and Burger king has a cupcake milk shake. The size of the straw you use is the size of a thumb, very big around. I decided to try one. It is literally like a liquid cupcake. It was very good. I can't even imagine how many calories. Once again, one was enough to make me feel not very good about myself.

Now i'm wondering if I was a person of normal weight and I ate something like that if I would feel quite so bad. Hmm

Edited by Gingin33

Now i'm wondering if I was a person of normal weight and I ate something like that if I would feel quite so bad. Hmm

Physically, yes. Mentally, probably not. Most thin people don't feel near the kind of shame most fat people do for eating the same things.

I say this as the fat one whose BFF is tall and skinny. We eat the same foods nearly every day and she is thin as a rail and I am... not. :(

My personal weak spot is birthday cake! I think I have eaten nearly a 1/4 sheet in one evening! costco makes these amazing sheet cakes with a middle layer of either cheesecake or chocolate mousse! With buttercream frosting!!! I would think if it's birthday cake, you should be able to eat as much as you want! Hence my current condition...

Hahaha! You guys are funny! I love you all. . . we are all in the same boat! I've not been sleeved yet, but boy oh boy have I ever had some weird days. . . like renebeau, I've eatten the whole cake, and like gingin, l've put weirdness on a rice cake! But my most wildest ever is eating 6 fried plantains by myself and over 3 pounds of seafood! My weakness is seafood. . . I could eat hordes of that, but curried, not breaded or fried either, not dipped or cooked in butter neither, just curried and steamed! YUMMMMMMMY. . . I'm going to have to find self control when i get sleeved not to go hog wild on seafood. . . last night I eat too much shrimp and octopus! I felt like and octopus!!! hehehe

thinoneday: your sleeve will be your self control tool. You will be so happy with the sleeve. I am one month out and eating regular foods now. I ate the most delicious fish last night. I put a 3 oz size piece on my plate (which is less than half of what I would normally eat) and I managed to finish half of it. I was stuffed. I LOVE seafood. I was so satisfyed. My husband was so amazed at my "self controll" LOL I love him. He does not get how easy it is for me now. maybe I do not want him to understand, just let him be awed by my wonderful power! hahahaha

Worst eating moment this year was last June, I was on the east coast and staying with friends one of whom is a lobster fisherman. He came in with a mega load of lobsters and brought an entire sack over to our house. One guy is a chef so we had this lobster feast. I ate an entire 4+lb lobster, claws and all. about a quarter pound of melted butter and 2 lemons. there was other food on the table, coleslaw, Beans, corn, fishermans-bread and brownies for desert. I cannot remember if I ate any of that. I was soooo sick later. But, by God I had finally had my "fill" of lobster. The next day I had the swollen ankles from hell. we went out in the boat anyway and caught halibut for dinner. I was in heaven that whole week as far as food was concerned. But, I paid the price later. Now, with the sleeve I would not be able to overeat like that. I know I would enjoy myself more for it also. Ahhh the lessons we have to learn. I am tired of attending the school of hard knocks. I think I like my new "sleeve" school waaay better.

Edited by carolyn24seven
spelling error

Thank you Carolyn for sharing your story! It made me laugh. . . i could just see you with your lobster! I LOVE lobster! i'd be right up there with you with the swollen ankles! hehehe. . .

I have so many "out of control" moments that it'd be difficult to choose just one. BUT, the one that sticks out in my mind is when I was on Weight Watchers (one of the numerous times I did WW), and Sunday was my "cheat day". My bestie and I went to Souper salad (it's a huge salad bar with a bunch of extras).

Anyways, I not only had salad, but a barbque brisket baked potato with all the add-ons, a couple of fajita soft tacos, and then more salad. The dang dessert bar always got me.

I fooled myself into thinking this was "OKAY" because I used light thousand island dressing on my bucket size salad.

The time I had lost about 50 lbs and was on my way up again..I went to See's candies and bought a two pound box, wrapped up for Easter, as if I were buying it for someone else...I kept in my desk at work and ate the whole thing over the next two days, prior to Easter. Ugh..

And, the time I was at my highest and had a large peperonie pizza delivered and hid it under my bed and ate the whole thing, over the course of the weekend. My ex-husband would never be my eating partner, so I did a lot of this in secret...he drank in secret and I ate in secret, like an unspoken agreement..

Then, after he left, I would drive every night after work through the fast food drive thru and get whatever looked horribly fattening, I just wanted to punish myself and did a very good job!!

I am telling you, I feel like the biggest digusting loser addict on this whole board.

I am telling you, I feel like the biggest digusting loser addict on this whole board.

Don't. Don't feel that way. Compulsive eating, compulsive over-eating, the disordered eating habits you describe - those are addictions. They are NOT easy to beat! Look at how hard people try to quit cigarettes and can't. Or try to stop drinking and they can't. Addictions are not something that most people can just "get over".

:thumbup: <-- That's the closest I could find to a hug emoticon. :thumbup:

A few years ago when I was dieting I bought some rice cakes to snack on. I was so sick of eating them plain though so I decided I would put some Peanut Butter on them. They were really good like that. So next time I thought I'd put some Peanut Butter on them, some slices of banana and some reeses peices and drizzle some chocolate and caramel over the top. It was so good but man did I feel like such a fat a$$ after that. I never did it again.

LOL that made me laugh... I have many packs of those damn rice cakes trying to loose weight. some Also with peanut butter but yours sounds much more yummy:001_rolleyes:

Thanks Lady! ((hugs)) to you too! I am watching NY vs Chicago pizza and totally loving that I will never be able to eat a whole pie again..thank God for the sleeve!!

My out of control moment has been this 3 day benge I have been having right before my 2 week pre-op, from what I have read on here it is a so called "food depravation" moment.

I hope what THINONEDAY SAID about the sleeve will be true for me also. Boy do I ever need to have some control. This is what the sleeve is all about. I am having surgery on Dec. 2 so I don't have very long until I will find out for myself. I am glad I have you all for support, we all have so much in common and we are striving for the same thing. I want to lose weight and be able to keep it off. I posted some more photos in a new album, "Night before Pre-op diet pictures" and I will post some more right before I have surgery.

One summer in my early teens, I came home famished. Some meat was simmering on the stove. I was so hungry, I started eating it without asking if I could. It turned out to be some very cheap horse meat that my mother bought for the dog. My brother made fun of me for years over eating the dog's horse meat. So...I can truly say I have eaten dog food!