Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I guess this is an NSV....

This morning in the mailroom at work...

Co-worker: Oh...hey, (name)! It didn't look like you from the back!

Me: Oh yeah?

Co-worker: Yeah- you look much different from behind! And that's a good thing!

Me: Thankssss... I guess....:crying:???

The good news is that I DO feel like I look different! And I feel GREAT!

Today was such a great day. I went to the informational seminar with a friend today because she is interested in having VSG done after seeing my pictures and reading my story on my Facebook.

I was super excited to find out that my original surgeon returned from deployment recently, and today was his first day back on rotation. I talked to a lady about the sleeve vs. bypass at the seminar, and then I went down to the surgery clinic.

Dr. Michel walked out, and his mouth dropped open. We hugged, and he told me how amazing I looked. Dr. Riley (the surgeon that assisted in my revision and picked up my care when Dr. M deployed) told him "there's a skinny lady in the waiting room wanting to see you." Dr. M didn't know that it was me, and he didn't recognize until I said something to him.

It was amazing to see him after all this time. The last follow up I had with him was September 15th, and a lot of has transpired since then. He told me how proud of me he was, and for me to schedule my 1 year follow up so we can talk more.

It may not seem like much, but he was very hesitant to set a goal weight, and wasn't sure how I would really do as a revision patient. Least to say, today was a victory for me. I not only proved to myself, my family, my friends that I could succeed, I proved to my surgeon that I would and did WIN.

We went through a lot together as patient/surgeon. I even told him at one point that he was the 3rd most important man in my life next to my husband and son. Literally, that man saved my life, and truly made living this life possible. He was fabulous during my recovery, and we were both upset when he got orders to deploy. He was my support system here while my husband was gone.

Remember it's the little things.

Edited by Tiffykins

/ That's a great story! Thanks for sharing it with all of us. You are indeed an inspiration.

I am sure that had to be a great feeling Tiff, seeing him and him seeing you as a success story.

You are amazing!

Tiff

That is way cool!!! I bet both of their jaws dropped to the floor, you do not even look like the same person. You look FAB!!!

This is the first time I post in this thread. I was sleeved on april 28 @ 253 pounds. My weight this morning was 215.

Any way, my NSV: I was asked by a friend I hadn't seen since surgery if I had a liposuction done! Does that count as an NSV?

Any way, my NSV: I was asked by a friend I hadn't seen since surgery if I had a liposuction done! Does that count as an NSV?

That absolutly counts!

Good story Tiffy, what a difference our surgeons make in our lives. To have that power in their hands!!

This is the first time I have an NSV to report. I when on a business trip this week , flew to Mn. by plane, asked as I was broarding the plane for a seat belt extender as I usually have, Sat down in my seat decided to try the seat belt without the extender just to see if it would fit and low and behold it not only fit but I was able to cinch it tighter by 2-3 inched. On the trip home I got daring and tried to put the tray table down (I always try without being able to use it) and it went down flat and I didn't have to force it. I haven't been able to do eithere for more years than I can remember, next time maybe I can get the armrest down to.

Brenda

Brenda,

That is the best NSV ever!

Congratulations to you!

I had tears of recognition in my eyes as I read your story.

Amen Sister.

Airplanes used to be so humilating.

The shame/blame is leaving bit by bit. These shout outs are wonderful in the way they remind me of how far I have come.

Thanks to everyone that posts here.

It is still so easy to slip back to the old mind set, even thu the clothes don't fit anymore, the stinkin~thinkin lurks.

:)

This is the first time I have an NSV to report. I when on a business trip this week , flew to Mn. by plane, asked as I was broarding the plane for a seat belt extender as I usually have, Sat down in my seat decided to try the seat belt without the extender just to see if it would fit and low and behold it not only fit but I was able to cinch it tighter by 2-3 inched. On the trip home I got daring and tried to put the tray table down (I always try without being able to use it) and it went down flat and I didn't have to force it. I haven't been able to do eithere for more years than I can remember, next time maybe I can get the armrest down to.

Brenda

That is awesome Brenda!! I travel alot, and while I wasn't quite at the point you were, I was feeling squished into the seat and always had to let the seat belt out from the last person who used it!

I am flying again this week and hope to feel "little" in the seat!

Went shopping today at Old Navy. Tried on large and medium shirts, had to go back for mediums and smalls!! Also bought skirts in small. Very amazing!

Thank God for sleeve surgery! :)

Thats right you will be having dinner with me in 5 days!!! I cant wait!!

That is awesome Brenda!! I travel alot, and while I wasn't quite at the point you were, I was feeling squished into the seat and always had to let the seat belt out from the last person who used it!

I am flying again this week and hope to feel "little" in the seat!

Went shopping today at Old Navy. Tried on large and medium shirts, had to go back for mediums and smalls!! Also bought skirts in small. Very amazing!

Thank God for sleeve surgery! :)

Thats right you will be having dinner with me in 5 days!!! I cant wait!!

I only have one question ... where are we eating?? I am starving all ready!! LOL

oh! and please make sure the place has a/c ahead of time??? :biggrin0:

My first NSV shout out! I had my surgery on May 25th, and I am already down 32 pounds. Yeah me! This is going to be such a wonderful experience for me and my family...

I was thinking maybe Outback since I will be in my pre op phase I know the menu pretty well and what i can have. OK with you?