Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was waiting for a great size story before I posted here, but something happened I couldn't hold in:

My two year old was watching me get undressed in the bathroom. Now normally she sings the "I like em big, I like em chunky" hippo song from Madagascar 2 when Im mooning her by mistake or really because she doesn't belong in the bathroom.

But last night she said "Mommy, why you skinny?" I almost cried. I asked what did she mean and she just said "you skinny". Granted I just came off of a 11 day stall and lost 2 lbs and I was a little down in the dumps; but when she said that I just lit up!

Awesome story! So happy for you, can't wait for my own story to come...My sx date is 5/18/10! Can't wait! Thanks for sharing:thumbup:

NSVs are hard to come by these days for me, but yesterday it happened.

I did 4 hours of yard work. We have about 1.5 acres, and it's been over 3 weeks since we were able to mow (damn rainy weekends in Florida). Anyways, I mowed, trimmed hedges, trimmed our large tree in the front yard, and cleaned out the mulch so I could replace it this year.

We have a riding lawn mower and it only takes me about 1.5 hours to mow so that was a breeze. But, all the other stuff was pretty intense. The tree I trimmed was a boogar, and then I drug all the big branches into the bon fire pile. Some of those branches were 4-6 inches in diameter & some of them were about 8-9 feet long, and I trimmed them with a hand saw. The tree was growing into some power lines, and it had to be trimmed before the power company gave us notice.

I raked the front yard, and cleaned up all the mulch. The husband got home, and was shocked that I was able to get so much done. He thought I had paid someone to come do everything. I just laughed at him, and told him that I did it all.

NSV came when I realized that I was not dying from exhaustion, I wasn't sore from all of the work, and I felt so good that I showered, and went to John's softball game. Pre-op I would have never done all of that without taking several breaks, and being absolutely worn out. I didn't stop for those 4 hours, and was hellbent on getting it all done.

Wow tiffy, you have way more energy than I do. I envy that. I am not as big of a slug as I used to be, but that does not make me very energetic.

Kind of swim trunks for girls that are super comfy ! ! !

They make them in different lengths.

womens-boardshorts.jpg

Thanks Tiffy, they look so cute, wonder if I could get away with them...,no bikini top tho for me.

Hey Tiffy, big hoot for all that major yardwork, you were doing some serious sweating!. I sometimes catch myself bopping up my stairs and doing something physical and stop to remember how out of breath I used to get bf and have to pace myself. Not now. I love the sleeve!

Bought size 12P pants and bluejeans at Dress Barn! Love it, love it, love it! And I don't have to shop in the plus size department anymore!

Bought size 12P pants and bluejeans at Dress Barn! Love it, love it, love it! And I don't have to shop in the plus size department anymore!

Fantastic ... I remember crying when I realized I needed to shop Plus Size and I cried when I realized they were too big for me. (I guess I cry a lot! :001_tongue:)

My NSV...

I'm on a few dating sites, and just met a guy last week... he said.. how old is the pictures you posted? and I told him they are from Feb. ( were my one year pics) he said.. why did you put down a few extra pounds??? You're slim!

SHOCK!! LOL

NSV for today is the pleasure of eating healthy food that I grew in my own garden! The week before I decided to have VSG, I had "directed" the planting of a vegetable garden in my back yard. My children and grandchildren had to do most of the work because my feet hurt too bad to walk and my belly was so big that I couldn't squat or lean over. The neighbors must have gotten quite a show, as I practically had to lie down in the dirt to help my grandson plant a seed. Anyway, since my surgery, I have been tending our little garden and just watching everyone else enjoy eating our beautiful vegies as they have started to ripen (because I was on full liquids/pureed food). Anyway...tonight I cooked fresh carrots, broccoli and yellow squash from the garden. I had a big fat Tomato that I was going to give away because I can't eat raw vegies yet--but instead, I peeled it and strained out all the seeds and made a fresh puree for the top of my chicken. What a blast to be able to eat a small meal of fresh foods and feel so completely satisfied! :o

chancie which dating sites are you using?

That is a great NSV!

Well, I'll post just 6 days post-op... I do NOT have the urge to go buy a scale and am TOTALLY fine waiting to weigh myself when I feel the need! This tool is giving me the ability to control what goes in my body and as long as I know i am getting the right things, no need to jump the scale 3X a day!

Haha, here is a funny one, I have stopped biting my nails... Go figure!

Pre-op I would have never done all of that without taking several breaks, and being absolutely worn out. I didn't stop for those 4 hours, and was hellbent on getting it all done.

Cool Tiffy! :thumbup: I used to be able to work like a horse and do serious damage to yard work, but I haven't been able to work like that for several years. I thought it was my age, but after reading this, I'm sure that as I lose the weight, I'll be able to do more. I can't wait until the 8 week restriction for lifting is done and I can start to tackle my yard. I love working outdoors!

If they don't approve I am strongly considering going to see Dr. Aceves but I am super scared about surgery in Mexico..... someone make me feel better!!!

I was sleeved by Dr. Aceves on April 13. I'm really glad I did it. I feel like I have a chance at a whole new future that I thought was lost to me...being at a normal weight and living life more fully!

Well, I'll post just 6 days post-op... I do NOT have the urge to go buy a scale and am TOTALLY fine waiting to weigh myself when I feel the need! This tool is giving me the ability to control what goes in my body and as long as I know i am getting the right things, no need to jump the scale 3X a day!

Haha, here is a funny one, I have stopped biting my nails... Go figure!

Glad to see you posting. I stopped biting my nails too out fear I'd spring a leak!

Okay all! It's been a while since I posted. Life has been taking too much time. Anyway, I have two NSV's that happened to me recently.

1. I had a size 10 dress from my wedding - I wore this dress as we left our wedding reception on the way to our Honeymoon. Cute little ivory thing - loved it but only wore it once cause it was getting a little tight. I wore this dress easily for my son's First Holy Communion last weekend. I've been able to wear it for a couple months but didn't have a reason until last weekend. I promised myself I would wear it more than once. TaDa!!! I posted picture in my album.

2. My favorite NSV recently happened last night. My husband has a group of guys that have played Texas Hold'Em for years. They rotate whose home, etc. Anyway, last night, this guy I've known for years but haven't seen in almost 11 months, Reggie, comes in and doesn't really say much to me as he proceeds upstairs to the gameroom. This morning my husband told me that Reggie asked him, "who was that women answering the door, where's your wife?" Apparently, Reggie thought we either split up or Patrick was having a scandalous affair - he didn't recognize me. I loved it!!! :tongue_smilie::thumbup: