Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For the first time in my life I bought a size 10 today. Two weeks ago I bought a size Medium shirt. I cannot say how shocked I am. My goal was size Large and Size 12, you know the "you can buy it at any store" size...!

I have a couple...woohoo

1. I have a collarbone. A real bone!

2. I'm wearing a pair of blue jeans today that I haven't been able to fit into in about 3-4 yrs. I started out wearing a pretty snug 24 and these jeans are an 18.

3. I've lost a total of 41 inches since surgery.

4. I walked past my 15 yr old daughter the other day and she did a double take and said..wow mom you look skinny!

I have more...but they're from my husband and kinda vulgar...LOL

Life is good.

WOW! Looooove it! And I can only imagine the things the Mr. is whispering in your ear!

For the first time in my life I bought a size 10 today. Two weeks ago I bought a size Medium shirt. I cannot say how shocked I am. My goal was size Large and Size 12, you know the "you can buy it at any store" size...!

Wow that must feel awsome to surpass your original goal! Great Job!!!:thumbup:

I had a new client say to me while we were discussing getting lunch, "You are one of those naturally skinny people"!!! I had to tell him the truth at that point. I don't normally talk about personal things like that at work, but I just had to.

Jane, so what was the client's reaction?

Jane, so what was the client's reaction?

Hi Globie, he was quite shocked but then wanted to know more. He is a big lad himself so maybe one day he might do the same. Its the job, sitting in front of a computer all day trying to get code to work, its so easy to pile on weight. All the people I worked with at my last long term contract knew what I had done too, and were all really supportive.

Jane x

So I dont know if this is really a NSV since I am still pre op but it feels like one for me, I have tried so many different protien powders inorder to find one that I can actually drink with out it feeling like it will come back up and is still with in my NUts guidelines and this mourning I FINALY DID IT I FOUND ONE THAT IS NOT THAT BAD AND THE NUT IS OKAY WITH YEA!!!!! so I guess persistance does pay off :) anyway I was so excited I just had to post

Hi Globie, he was quite shocked but then wanted to know more. He is a big lad himself so maybe one day he might do the same. Its the job, sitting in front of a computer all day trying to get code to work, its so easy to pile on weight. All the people I worked with at my last long term contract knew what I had done too, and were all really supportive.

Jane x

Janester, yes I am concerned about the sitting-at-desk dillemma; I am in the office 12 hours a day and unless I come into the office at the crack of dawn it will be difficult to squeeze in time for a workout. Sitting at that desk will not be conducive to reaching goal or for toning the muscles. Hrmm.

Hi Globie, make sure you have a lunch hour and walk round the shops. To be honest the not eating much is far more effective for losing weight than the exercise thing, for me at least. I was lucky in the last job, the kitchen was upstairs and I worked downstairs and as I have to have at least one cup of tea an hour I got plenty of stairmaster type activity. Before the op I was a workaholic but now I am a bloody skiver, I really don't know if my work ethic will ever come back. I keep trying to persuade DH that I am old enough to retire but he's not buying it. We have the twins to fund through Uni and the house to rebuild so I guess I will have to keep on flogging these old bones.

Jane x

On Friday I went shopping at my usual clothing store Casual Male. I noticed that everything I tried on was too big, then I realized that I cannot shop at this store anymore. I went to SteinMart and purchased an outfit for church at the same price that I would have paid for a pair of pants at Casual Male.

Yay, brilliant result!!!

Jane x

Hi Globie, make sure you have a lunch hour and walk round the shops. To be honest the not eating much is far more effective for losing weight than the exercise thing, for me at least. I was lucky in the last job, the kitchen was upstairs and I worked downstairs and as I have to have at least one cup of tea an hour I got plenty of stairmaster type activity. Before the op I was a workaholic but now I am a bloody skiver, I really don't know if my work ethic will ever come back. I keep trying to persuade DH that I am old enough to retire but he's not buying it. We have the twins to fund through Uni and the house to rebuild so I guess I will have to keep on flogging these old bones.

Jane x

Alas, walking round the shops for me would require full body armor and a protective detail so that's out. Also it is 125 degrees on a daily basis so the walking bit is also out unless it is in the air conditioned gym. Perhaps though I can keep a set of tension bands or dumbells at my desk and do quick reps every so often ...

Something that I always hoped would happen once I lost weight is the ability to wear high heels without issue, or concern of eating pavement because I was too fat to balance in heels.

Well, I've been wearing heels for months. But, these are my new loves. I typically stick to wedges because they are "more safe" than actual heels.

I was prancing around in the enormous mirror at Charlotte Russe when I found these on the clearance rack. . . It was love at first sight, and they feel amazing on my feet. I can not wait to wear them out and about.

38730_452784971417_744801417_6463891_826_n.jpg

Oh, how I love the way they make me feel ! ! ! This is really what living is all about. . .

Something that I always hoped would happen once I lost weight is the ability to wear high heels without issue, or concern of eating pavement because I was too fat to balance in heels.

Well, I've been wearing heels for months. But, these are my new loves. I typically stick to wedges because they are "more safe" than actual heels.

I was prancing around in the enormous mirror at Charlotte Russe when I found these on the clearance rack. . . It was love at first sight, and they feel amazing on my feet. I can not wait to wear them out and about.

38730_452784971417_744801417_6463891_826_n.jpg

Oh, how I love the way they make me feel ! ! ! This is really what living is all about. . .

I used to live in high heels in high school, sandals boots loafers, everything! It's been a decade since I have worn high heels with any comfort or degree of safety. What will you wear those with Tiff? I'm having to reintroduce myself to fashion.

I used to live in high heels in high school, sandals boots loafers, everything! It's been a decade since I have worn high heels with any comfort or degree of safety. What will you wear those with Tiff? I'm having to reintroduce myself to fashion.

I have my eye on a pair of adorable black pinstripe pants. I have a black polka dotted shirt, that I could totally pair with red slacks, and accessorize with red jewelry to wear the shoes. I have a major thing with red, white and black. It's probably my favorite color combination.

Or, I'll get some sleek black slacks, straight leg, I hate boot cut pants, and wear a very plain winter white top, and over accessorize with jewelry.

Tiffy those shoes are the bomb! I haven't worn heels in years and I can't wait to be able to do that again!