Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Awesome NSV - Must Share With You Guys!!

I am still excited beyond all belief about this. I have been shopping at Lane Bryant or in the "woman's" section of clothing stores for twenty plus years now. We all know that in regular department stores, the selection for plus size clothing is very, very limited.

Yesterday I took my daughter back to school shopping. We went into Kohl's. All of my clothes are absolutely huge on me, and I really need some new clothes for work. I had already made plans to hit Lane Bryant later in the day. But, as long as we were already there, I begrudgingly made my way back to their teeny, tiny "woman's" department. As I made my way there, I was looking at all the really, really cute clothes along the way in the normal sizes sections and hoping that one day I will be able to wear those cute clothes.

So, I get to the Woman's section. I had to guess my size, because it had been a while since I clothes shopped. I got to the dressing room, and the clothes were too big. I couldn't believe it. So, I went the next size down, and then the next until I was at the smallest size they offered in the woman's section, and they were still too big!! I couldn't believe it.

So, I thought, dare I venture into the regular people's section where all the really cute clothes are. I thought, no, I am just going to be out of luck because there is no way nothing there will fit me. But, I decided what the heck, it wouldn't be the first time in my life I was disappointed so I may as well give it a try. I grabbed several items that I thought were incredibly cute and made my way back to the dressing rooms. You won't believe what happened... THEY FIT!! I was so excited and happy you wouldn't believe it. It was crazy, but a whole wave of emotions came over me and I sat down on the bench in the fitting room and started crying. Then, I had to run and find my daughter and share the exciting news with her. I had to call my husband and my mom, she called her brother.

I have to say, this is the best NSV I have ever experienced. And, today, just to see if it worked in other stores, I tried clothes on at Dillards and Coldwater Creek, and I was able to fit in regular sizes there too!

I am so blessed to have been given this wonderful opportunity to be sleeved. It is truly the best thing to ever have happened to me!

Congrats Susan. . . It is so exciting ! ! ! I did the same thing at Old Navy yesterday, and I called everyone. . .

You're doing great, and thanks for sharing your NSV. It's truly inspirational.

That's awesome Susan congrats -- I think I've got a ways to go yet but I'll get there eventually and will probably have the same reaction as you!

congratulations Susan. I remember that feeling well. When people asked my goal, that was my only goal, to be able to shop in the regular section.

I am really happy for you!

That's great... now comes the next phase: going nuts shopping because everything fits and looks good!

Thanks guys! I still refuse to pay full price for anything though, not until I get to goal, which I will do! Speaking of which, I need to update my ticker because I am now officially half-way to goal too!!

Thanks guys! I still refuse to pay full price for anything though, not until I get to goal, which I will do! Speaking of which, I need to update my ticker because I am now officially half-way to goal too!!

That's great news Susan -- now you're on the down hill side ... how fun!

Thanks, and yes, my family was just as excited for me.

It feels great doesn't it? A few years ago I could only shop at one store in the UK, 'Evans', and then I was never very enthusiastic as I knew I was fat, ugly and it didn't really matter what I wore (in my mind anyway). Now I can avoid Evans and shop wherever I want (except for the tiny size zero stores obviously - bit old for those anyway now!) and choose what I like rather than black, black or black.

Well done Susan and enjoy the shopping!

*whispers* what is a NSV?

Congratulations Susan! :thumbup1:

That is an AWESOME accomplishment. I can't wait to get there myself. Still a ways to go, but I will DEFINITELY get there.

I think its the best NSV out of all the possible NSV's! Congratulations.

Perhaps I'm biased becuase I didnt need to ditch medications, or become mobile or independent again or anything really serious as a result of my weight. WLS surgery for me was a health decision yes, but more of a preventative one and was VERY much a cosmetic surgery for me. I wanted to look better and feel better about myself.

The thrill of being able to wear whatever the heck I want has never worn off, and I doubt it ever will.

YOU GO GIRL!!! Thanks for sharing....we newbies need these kinds of storys to help us know...IT IS WORTH IT AND IT WILL HAPPEN!!! I BET NOTHING YOU TRIED ON WAS AS BEAUTIFUL AS THE SMILE THAT WAS ON YOUR FACE:001_tt2: