Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Week of August 24th?

Anyone having surgery the week of August 24th and want to be surgery buddies? My surgery is August 26th. I would love a buddy.

I can be on yahoo messenger all day at work (when I go back after two weeks) and can receive texts all day. For the two weeks after surgery I am available through email, messenger, and text so I can be an available buddy for support!

Anyone having surgery the week of August 24th and want to be surgery buddies? My surgery is August 26th. I would love a buddy.

I can be on yahoo messenger all day at work (when I go back after two weeks) and can receive texts all day. For the two weeks after surgery I am available through email, messenger, and text so I can be an available buddy for support!

man - what type of job do you have that allows you that much freedom?

I am da boss and I have been here forever and get away with murder. :lol0: I am also a damn good Accountant (if I do say so myself).

The hand that controls the money is the hand that rules the world.

My DEAR SoCal...

I have my surgery scheduled for the 26th at Weill-Cornell Med Center at NY Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital in Manhatten. I live on Long Island.

I'm an "at home mom" verging on the empty nest (IF they get jobs and get out)... So I have as much time as I like at the computer (once the laundry & shopping are done).

I find this message board tricky to navigate, so I hope I can find this thread as I starve for the next couple of days.

I would love to be your sleeve buddy.

My DH will be bringing my laptop to the hospital on the 27th so I can check in with you right after I get coherent.

Now all we need is an "old hand" who will tell us that it's NORMAL to be scared, to have pain in strange places etc etc...

I am a working step mom with two teenage types at home. They know everything. Neither their father or I know anything so I am surprised they are not ruling the world already.

I live in the east county of San Diego. DH hubby and I have been married a year and together 5. He is a good guy. I am not sure how I have not run him off yet.

I will be discharged sometime on Saturday. I don't think I will have any net access. I might be able to use DH phone but I don't know how it handles message boards. We have a netbook and laptop but no wireless net card or service. I already scanned the hospital for wi fi and couldn't find an open one.

Learning to navigate message boards comes with time on one.

I start clears in the morning too. I am more nervous about being hungry for two days than anything at this point. I have to admit my doctor was kind enough to give me Ativan for the jitters so I am medicated. Thank god for meds....

I'm ant-sy about the next two days too. I'm afraid of feeling lightheaded and woosy. I have a lot of stuff to do to get the house ready for my absence, so I'll be busy.

This morning was awful! Tears galore. Scared tears but not like "what am I doing tears" just anxiety. So far clears is ok but I have only been up 3 hours lol. I can't whine too much about clears. I know people have done 11, 14, 16 days. UGH.

Oh my dear! I expect that the sudden lack of food, added to the jitters about Wednesday have got your moods in a snit. I know that I didn't sleep much last night and I was a bit "short" with DH who has been nothing but a sweetheart throughout.

How I'm going to make it Wednesday without passing out from lack of sustenence is bothering me more than the surgery itself... At least once I get there it will be "out of my hands" and in the capable hands of the Doctor & Hospital. We're still kind of on our own.

I am actually doing ok on the clears today. I am a little hungry but not ravished.

I've made it to nearly 9pm and am doing better than I thought I would. I've discovered that green Jello slides into the cracks and I don't feel quite so empty.

Hank in there ADNK. Only one more day, you can do it!

Jello does slide into the cracks.

I am not hungry at all today. Of course it could be all the excitement and I was running around work this morning trying to make sure I had thought of everything before leaving.

I am now drinking my "stuff". It is called Magnesium Citrate Oral Solution Saline Laxative, lemon flavor. It tastes like what you would expect Mr. Clean lemon would taste like. I can already feel my tummy rumbling. I have a feeling the bathroom and I will be best buds by the end of the day.

How ya doing sleeve sista?

[quote name=DownInSocal;11371

I am now drinking my "stuff". It is called Magnesium Citrate Oral Solution Saline Laxative' date=' lemon flavor. It tastes like what you would expect Mr. Clean lemon would taste like. I can already feel my tummy rumbling. I have a feeling the bathroom and I will be best buds by the end of the day.

How ya doing sleeve sista?[/quote]

I'm alright. I did grocery shopping so my 3 men won't starve while I'm in the hospital.. That ate up the time so I didn't sit & fret. Mr Doc hasn't asked me to take any of that stuff. I have been on Clear liquids since noon on Sunday though.

I've been told to report for duty at 5:45 AM... This is a 1&1/2 hour drive for us into the city, so I'm not sure it pays for me to even TRY to sleep tonight.

How are you doing?

I spent all evening on the toilet, seriously. I was so close to hurling I didn't even want to post here.

I know you are already in surgery!!! I look foward to seeing how you are doing when I am out. I am going to try and post here from a friends phone at the hospital. See how it goes.

Good luck!!! I am thinking of you!!

Hi, I would love to have you as a buddie.

I hope everything is going smooth for you on this new life we have chosen. How exciting to think of our future.

I also had my VSG on the 26th. South West Medial Center in Tucson. I had a small amount of gas pain and some times when I swallow liquids it feels like a lump in my chest ,I guess it's air , I keep swallowing and it passes. I had my surgery at 7:30 wed and came home friday. I have slept a lot. I can't get the Purfect down and my system the Dr. said was doing well so he said I could go right on the shakes. Today I am hungery !!! Have you gotten to that point yet? I hate the shakes also but manage to get them down. Before the surgery they were tolerble now it's hard. Like I said today I am hungery.:mad: Probably in my brain not my fat belly. lol We can do it!!!:thumbup: Good luck and keep intouch.