Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

home and gassy! STILL

Hey there everyone

thankyou for your well wishes. everything went well... no major probs that i know of.

I know i woke up from the general in catastrophic pain. i had a belly full of gas that travelled to my sholder or put pressure on my sholder. *shrugs* was also putting major pressure on my diafram. I was poking into my chest and the recovery team were trying to stop me. after 5 hours in recovery and 4to 5 shots of morphine i sat up and the pain went away or moved should i say.....sort of. maybe i was just total rattled from the drugs. im now 4 days out and still have that gas pain but on a smaller scale. no drain either. (thank god)

Fluids are hard to get in still. over the 4 days i have only managed to get 1 and a half 600ml/16oz bottles of Water in. ridding on the edge of a headache. jelly/jello seems to be the easiest to swallow.

I think this is a great time to get use to eating and drinking slowly cause i basically have no choice!!!

cant wait to go back to optifast!!!! roll on the coffee and the strawberry shakes!!!!

ohhh and cant wait to weigh in next monday too!!! should be interesting!

cheers

Ange

Hey Ange, thanks for posting and letting us know how you are doing. Bob was just asking about you in another thread. You will continue to feel a bit better each day. Just take things so slow and give yourself the time you need to heal.

There you are! Phew! Am glad you are back to us. So you have a gas problem? I have been accused of that also, but it had nothing to do with surgery. Hey, I'm a guy. Pull my finger and surprise!

Am glad to see you posting :lol0:

I don't know about Ange, but I am definitely NOT going to pull your finger!!

Nooooo!!! Don't encourage him. He needs to take that to the men's room!! :lol0:

Glad to hear you are doing well, and hopefully the gas pain is relieved soon. . . Keep on sipping, I'm over 2 months out and I still have trouble getting in all my Water. It does get so much better everyday ! ! !

give me your finger bob!!!! lolol

ohhhh dont make me laugh!!! (holds belly)

i just go 100 mls of apple juice in so im pretty happy with myself!

again....thankyou all for looking out for me.

Glad to hear all went well! It seems like your surgery date came up so fast :-) Did they tell you to take any gasX? I got some for my upcoming date on Aug 17th and they are in strips that dissolve on your tongue, which is perfect for us sleevers.

Take good care of yourself and keep us posted.

This group is so funny...be careful...laughter and jokes about gas will eventually help you pass it:001_tt2:

Here are a couple things I've learned in the last week:

- Water - If I mix crystal light into bottles of 16oz Water and then freeze, it helps. I know my goal is to drink four bottles total. As it melts, I take a sip....it's been more successful for me rather than just mixed crystal light. I'm also eating popsicles that helps as well.

Gas - walk around the house...gas is in your tank so move:001_tt2: I find as I'm walking across the house, I'm getting little extra "poot" and just laugh because it happens...then a little more because of the muscles tightening from the laughter....not very lady like I know; however, as we know in life talking about gas or going to the bathroom always make the "best" in people come out!

Glad to hear you're home and that everything went well Ange ... just walk, walk, walk and the gas will finally work it's way out -- or you might try pulling your own finger and see how that works for you.

As for the drinking, I find it easier to suck on ice cubes -- I like my beverages really cold -- however the cold causes my esphogus to spasm ... so I find that by sucking on the ice cubes, I get the cold I want, however since there is just a trickle down my throat as they melt, I don't get the spasms.

Hang in there, everyday gets easier!

Good to hear from you Ange. I'm glad that is over for you. Now you are on your new path.

Bob, You reminded me of one of my kindergarteners. A little boy kept going around sticking his finger in everybodys face saying "pull me, pull me". Well, he asked the wrong kid. He grabbed his finger and jerked him across the room. Then he was screaming "let go, let go". LOL